PDA

View Full Version : Rules You Like

Drunkencorgimaster
08-07-2009, 05:52 AM
Generally we get more exicited over what we do not like than what we do, but...are there 40k rules that you love? Are their special rules that enhance your army? Are their sneaky rules that help you win a lot?This could go in the rules section, but it is not a "help" question. Rather, it is a general attitude discussion.

Herald of Nurgle
08-07-2009, 06:13 AM
Daemonkin

Feel no Pain

ZenPaladin
08-07-2009, 09:19 AM
I do like the one save per moddle rule. It makes things quicker and prevents crazy stacking of saves. For that reason I don't like FNP cuz it counteracts that. Surely there's a better way to represent medics and such?

I like true line of sight and the way buildings work now. Its simple and effective.

I LOVE the random game and deploment types. It keeps games interesting and make it about more than just killing the other guys.

I LOVE outflanking and reserves. The tactical stratiges that are opened up really make the game more open and less of a slugfest.

I like random movement through difficult terain. Again simple.. easy quick.

I like only troops as scoring. I just wish people couldn't go around making elites count as troops. Again its sets a rule then goes right against it.

BuFFo
08-07-2009, 10:20 AM
Only troops as scoring units made 40k into a thinking man's game.

Love it.

Its a shame that crap like nob biker and council squads exist as troops, but oh well. Each army needs something over powered to sell models.

Drunkencorgimaster
08-07-2009, 07:18 PM
Only troops as scoring units made 40k into a thinking man's game.

Love it.

I have to agree with that. It really is a new world (galaxy) in 40k now.

imperialsavant
08-08-2009, 04:30 AM
I have to agree with that. It really is a new world (galaxy) in 40k now.

:)Yes have to agree & "True Line of Sight"

However 1 rule I really "hate" is the "shoot around Corners" rule which flies in the face of True Line of Sight & the 50% in cover rule.:mad:

Regards Barry H.

Excalibur
08-09-2009, 08:36 AM
I like the rules for things like the Ork Shock Attack Gun, i don't play orks but I find the rules for that weapon rather amusing
Or the supagatler on a stompa
Fluff wise I like the without number rule on guants since it really fits the whole endless swarm approach
And I liked the old Litanies of Hate on Chaplins, Liturgies of Battle does the same thing but doesn't sound nearly as cool

Psychosplodge
08-10-2009, 02:40 PM
"rules you like"

I quite liked 2nd edition...

Valkerie
09-18-2009, 12:03 PM
The fact that you can't consolidate into hand to hand combat. It gives armies like Tau and IG a chance against hand to hand armies. Before, one hand to hand squad could get in h-t-h, not be shot at, and roll up an entire army by itself.

Evil-Termite
09-18-2009, 12:30 PM
I like outflank a lot because it lets units on the board in different ways.

I like the reserve rules and the way you can come in the from the side of the board.

I like the Dawn of War deployment method. I've won several games because my armies are designed to handle that scenario and theirs aren't.

I like that the first player deploys all their units, then the second player deploys. This is WAY better than the 4th edition way.

I love that Land Raiders are assault vehicles.

I really like the rules for fast vehicles. Being able to move 2 feet in a turn is awesome. (If only my Tau skimmers could be upgraded to fast vehicles. *sigh*)

And the best rule of all, is that you WIN the game by holding the most objectives (in 2/3 of the scenarios). When they changed the game to that it REALLY made the game a lot more fun for me.

sketchesofpayne
09-18-2009, 02:23 PM
I'd like to echo support for the 'Only troops as scoring units', 'Can't consolidate into close combat', Outflanking, and Capturing objectives.

I also like the addition of the deep strike mishap table, vehicle ramming rules, and running.

DarkLink
09-18-2009, 03:12 PM
I like how some of the rules like "no consolidating into cc" and "only troops as scoring" changed how the game was played. You have to think more, especially if you play small elite armies.

I love the ramming rules, even if they aren't that useful. It would be awesome to see them get a bit of a buff in the future. I want to see Land Raiders crushing rhino's under their treads. I'd also like to see tank shocks have a chance of killing someone. Maybe make any models that have to move take an initiative test or be crushed.

I like how simple TLOS is, but some of the details of the execution (as well as how players set up terraint) leaves something to be desired. Great idea, and I think they should keep it, it just needs a tweak or two.

Wound allocation rules were a good concept, but aren't as good in practice as on paper. They tend to slow the game down a bit too much, but the concept of making it easier to kill special models in the unit is great.