PDA

View Full Version : THE BLLOD CHALICE - a rules question

addamsfamily36
04-17-2010, 10:22 AM
Ok so i played my first game using the new rules for the Blood angels. To cut a long story short, i had a unit of honor guard (which includes a novitiate priest) in a razorback. this razorback was 6 inches away from several units of mine.

my questions is this:

Do those units benefit from the feel no pain and furious charge rules?

My opponent didn't seem to think they did, and i wasn't sure.

Mobious
04-17-2010, 12:10 PM
Yes, of course it would. I am not sure why he thought it would not. Is it an issue because the noviate is mounted in a Rhino? If so, the aura is just measured from the hull . . . simple as that.

addamsfamily36
04-17-2010, 12:21 PM
Thanks for the response mobious.

Thats what i did try to argue, but i had no way of proving my point (mind you neither did he).

I was wondering if there's a section ive missed or overlooked that covers Aura's and 'bubble' effects when in a tank. So that i can show him.

cheers

Sanguinary Dan
04-17-2010, 12:40 PM
You'll find it in the 40K FAQ on GW's site. But they cover it because of various Eldar powers I believe. Sorry I don't have time right now to find the link.

addamsfamily36
04-17-2010, 12:52 PM
No worries ill take a look later.

I was playing an eldar army at the time and my argument was he was using powers from a tank. but he jsut simply replied they are psychic powers and totally different. I'm not a huge fan of arguing whist playing so let it go but thanks for the tip ill check out the FAQ's and hopefully will be able to checkmate him next time.

Tynskel
04-17-2010, 01:59 PM
Thanks for the response mobious.

Thats what i did try to argue, but i had no way of proving my point (mind you neither did he).

I was wondering if there's a section ive missed or overlooked that covers Aura's and 'bubble' effects when in a tank. So that i can show him.

cheers

p. 66 embarked units.

the details are there.

A good trick with transported Sanguinary Priests (not honor guard priests) is to have them stay embarked and riding around in the vehicle while the fighting squads disembark and charge. (remember, the guys have to disembark BEFORE the vehicle moves to be able to charge. p.67)

DarkLink
04-17-2010, 03:44 PM
Shooting psychic power would indeed be different, but eldar powers like Doom would work more or less the same (aside from the psychic test), unless specifically stated otherwise.

addamsfamily36
04-17-2010, 07:54 PM
cheers for the page reference tynskel.

and cheers guys for the info and tips

Tynskel
04-17-2010, 09:19 PM
No problem!