PDA

View Full Version : In Midnight Clad

grimmas
02-20-2016, 06:49 AM
I'm finally getting round to painting my BaC stuff. Here's a breakdown of how I'm doing my battlefield standard Legionaries

Black undercoat, midnight blue base (or what every the Velajio one is called as GW have discontinued it) and a heavy kantor blue dry brush.

Altdorf guard blue line highlights, runelord brass and leadbelcher for the metal with charadon granite (any thoughts on a replacement would be appreciated as the current GW range hasn't got a replacement) for pipe work, seals and non metallic parts of weapons.

Nuln Oil wash over everything, runefang silver highlights on the metal and then paint up the bone and badge.

I'm very happy with how it turns out for basic troops. What I'd like a bit of assistance with is how I can tart it up a bit for character models and any ideas on weathering/damage to make them a bit battle hardened, though I'm a little worried about over cluttering with the lightning as well.

Oh and any tips for better photography wouldn't go amiss.

Thanks in advance.

Psychosplodge
02-22-2016, 02:59 AM
Nice. How longs one of those taking?

grimmas
02-22-2016, 03:46 AM
Thanks. Not too long probaby less than an hour minus drying time. It lends pretty well to batch painting but I do get a bit bored doing that.

Psychosplodge
02-22-2016, 03:53 AM
That model helmet (mkiv?) lends itself well to the skull design doesn't it?

grimmas
02-22-2016, 04:12 AM
Yeah they do. Forgeworlds finest. The MKIV faceplate is the means it's at the right angle.