PDA

View Full Version : For those who are about to die we salute you!

JxKxR
04-15-2010, 12:50 PM
Have you ever wanted to do a gladiator battle with your models but not really known how to go about it? Well then this just might be the post for you. Take your two models set them up 9" away then roll a scatter die and D6 with no direct hit. (picture them circling the arena sizing up their opponent) Then roll off to see who goes first and let the battle begin!

My friends and I did this with troop sergeants that we then geared up as much as our codex’s would allow. We also got some bits from our bit boxes for trophies.

So let me know what you think and if there is something that you think I overlooked that would make for better gaming let me know.

P.S. the Tau didn't do to bad.

Fellend
04-15-2010, 01:35 PM
I like the idea, but seems like more wounds are needed. Otherwise it'll be whoever fires first wins.

Sir Biscuit
04-15-2010, 01:49 PM
I've done the same thing, but started the models nine inches away from each other, didn't bother with scatter. Ran a whole ton of melee characters, monsters, etc against each other.

Funnily enough, you know who's actually the best overall melee character in the game? Bjorn. Murders everything 'cept C'tan and Lysander, with better than even odds against things like the Swarmlord.

lobster-overlord
04-15-2010, 02:09 PM
We used to do this with Necromunda gangers all the time. Then we'd build it into the story and they'd get to keep the penalties/bonuses they earned in the fight.

DarkLink
04-15-2010, 10:39 PM
Funnily enough, you know who's actually the best overall melee character in the game? Bjorn. Murders everything 'cept C'tan and Lysander, with better than even odds against things like the Swarmlord.

Oh, Kharn would LOVE facing off with Bjorn

Sir Biscuit
04-16-2010, 09:41 AM
He would, only because it's "blood for the blood god, mine or yours!"

Bjorn makes Kharn into sad splat. :(