PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Kings miniatures will not be available soon

Azrael71
02-13-2016, 01:05 AM
Just got the GW newsletter and they are getting rid of the TK range to quote the official page "once they're gone they're gone". Kinda sucks if your a TK player like me or are they putting all in the undead range or getting rid of them completely. Not good news for TK players.

Ben_S
02-13-2016, 01:36 AM
Yes, great way to treat TK players. They were stuck with a poor army book in 8th edition, but AoS seemed to breathe new life into the army - and now it's gone. A funny way for GW to encourage sales indeed.

Asymmetrical Xeno
02-13-2016, 05:00 AM
Ironic that the very army I decided to make is the very one being squatted! ended up having to buy more of the sepulchral stalker kits and a necrosphinx to complete what i already got..hoped i could get a bit at a time but iv had to get it all in one go out of fear of not getting another chance. Leaves a bitter taste tbh.

Kirsten
02-13-2016, 05:25 AM
well you never know, maybe they are the next range to be updated for Age of Sigmar, hence the old stuff being removed.

Theik
02-13-2016, 06:10 AM
Tomb Kings don't fit in the Age of Silly, you need to look like your model was made by a 5 year old or you're not staying.

Dyolfnai
02-13-2016, 07:51 AM
It's a shame, but the models are still useable for the foreseeable future, same thing is likely to happen with elves dwarfs empire and bretonians

Maybe one day they will revisit a mummy faction with mummy warriors lead by kings with mummified remains powering war machines etc (is no skellies as they already done) all done in similar style to nagash arkhan, morgheists etc

Could be quite cool if it happened

Kirsten
02-13-2016, 05:54 PM
given that Nagash and the Mortarchs have officially survived, I am sure there will be some sort of tomb kings like army. given the way we are seeing factions being broken up in to smaller more specific things, like fyreslayers, sylvaneth etc. I suspect we will see a skeleton faction, a wraith faction, a ghoul faction etc.

Mr Mystery
02-13-2016, 06:05 PM
Yarp.

Defo gone for now, but whether that equates to 'gone for good' is anyone's guess.

Morgrim
02-14-2016, 10:23 AM
Some of the models going seem weird choices. The Necrosphinx kit fits in with the AoS aesthetic and is plastic.

Asymmetrical Xeno
02-14-2016, 10:34 AM
Some of the models going seem weird choices. The Necrosphinx kit fits in with the AoS aesthetic and is plastic.

Yeah, I thought they would keep the sphinx and stalkers kits at the least as they are from 2010 so quite recent and could of been repurposed and added to one of the "new" AoS factions.

Mr Mystery
02-14-2016, 10:36 AM
That's what makes me think they may well be back at some point.

Whilst they have some nice kits, the overall range needs a lot of work to bring it up to snuff.

Guess only time will tell.

Kirsten
02-14-2016, 10:38 AM
it is a shame, hopefully they get repackaged

Mr Mystery
02-14-2016, 10:43 AM
Has anyone actually got the Death book?

I'm intrigued to see if VC's lost any units (other than previous special characters going generic)?

Asymmetrical Xeno
02-14-2016, 10:53 AM
That's what makes me think they may well be back at some point.

Whilst they have some nice kits, the overall range needs a lot of work to bring it up to snuff.

Guess only time will tell.

Hope you are right. Don't mind losing all the other stuff, but love those two kits enough i based an entire army around them so would prefer them to stay!

Mr Mystery
02-14-2016, 10:56 AM
If a resculpt was to bring the infantry into the same scale, I can see why the Sphinx kit was withdrawn, because of the crew, same with the Snakeses.

But this is all speculation. They may be gone for good, we just don't know at this stage.

Kirsten
02-14-2016, 11:19 AM
that is true yeah, replacing the skellingtons would be fair enough.

Asymmetrical Xeno
02-14-2016, 11:25 AM
it should also be note that the chaos "forsaken" kit was also moved to last chance to buy too and i'm sure that was a fairly recent kit too. there were rumours a year or two ago that they would be getting rid of fantasy kits so maybe this is it.

Kirsten
02-14-2016, 11:30 AM
there are no tomb kings at all in the grand alliance death book I see

Path Walker
02-14-2016, 01:21 PM
Remmeber when the new CEO said he's be more ruthless getting rid of lines that weren't selling well and everyone just assumed he meant Sisters of Battle?

Erik Setzer
02-14-2016, 10:24 PM
Has anyone actually got the Death book?

I thought it was releasing next weekend? I plan on grabbing it once it comes out. I'm sure the local game store will have a copy. (Or I could just walk down to the GW store, but I really like the guy I've been buying from, I've been playing in and buying from shops he's managed or owned since I was a wee lad, and I'm hoping he can expand to a bigger store some day.)

Mr Mystery
02-15-2016, 03:59 AM
Remmeber when the new CEO said he's be more ruthless getting rid of lines that weren't selling well and everyone just assumed he meant Sisters of Battle?

Not sure he said that, so much as a top down review of everything with regard to price point.

Erik Setzer
02-15-2016, 08:55 AM
Not sure he said that, so much as a top down review of everything with regard to price point.

Actually, you're combining a couple of things. He said they'd do a complete review of the lines, and separately he said that they'd look into new price points on upcoming releases but assured the investors that no prices (on existing items, we can assume) will be lowered (this, of course, meaning that the items already priced out of the range of reason won't be corrected, and will likely just end up being removed from the line eventually, when they might have sold plenty with a better price point... looking at those Witch Elves specifically, but things like Ork Mek Gunz are another grand example).