PDA

View Full Version : Missing Blastscape?

MasterM
08-06-2009, 06:49 PM
I just checked the GW website and noticed that the new Blastscape terrain is no longer for sale. Anyone else confirm this? Perhaps they ran out of stock or are getting new moulds based on some of the negative feedback.....

Valdore
08-06-2009, 07:23 PM
Where are you? I'm checking from the UK and they're still up on the website, but the product was a while stocks last, so they may have just sold out where you are.

Brass Scorpion
08-06-2009, 07:34 PM
Blastscape was a "splash" release limited time item. One manufacturing run and then that's it, it's gone.

Mike X
08-06-2009, 10:17 PM
Blastscape was a "splash" release limited time item. One manufacturing run and then that's it, it's gone.

Aye. I got it, but... it was the same style and quality terrain as the moonscape. Not really worth it.

I was hoping for a more solid plastic, and the type of mold that didn't require you to cut off the extra inch of flash from all around each piece.

Meh.

Brass Scorpion
08-06-2009, 11:09 PM
Tell me about it. I'm usually pretty forgiving with GW products regardless of differences between previews and final releases, but I was somewhat miffed in this case because the difference seemed so pronounced. I pre-ordered four sets of those Blastscapes because I thought they'd look highly detailed and therefore also be somewhat collectible being limited edition. When my order arrived at the local GW store I promptly exchanged all four sets for some other items I wanted more, like a Landing Pad and Ironclad Dreadnought.

Mike X
08-07-2009, 12:20 AM
I'm not entirely sure, but since the moonscape and blastscape were the same crappy quality, I'm suspecting the upcoming battlescape will also be that way.

So far the pattern has been anything with "'scape" in the title has been disappointing, flimsy plastic.

Though the trees and the Rhino desperately attempt to persuade me to think otherwise, I don't want to feel foolish a third time.

Valdore
08-07-2009, 03:16 AM
Well, until they put more details about the battlescape up we won't know, but the craters and blastscapes were vac-formed, which explains the lack of detail compared to other GW models, and their shoddiness. Again, look out for that on the battlescape description, it'll signal that the product will be similar quality. However, I'm unsure it will be as they have said that the rhino wreck can have models placed inside for cover, which makes me think it will more likely be molded plastic as I don't see how that will be easily done with a vac-form.

Alvena
08-10-2009, 03:35 AM
as you could see on bols blog (http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2009/08/40k-news-battlescape-sprue-pic.html) it'will be plastic and not vacuum formed this time:

oni
08-10-2009, 10:26 AM
Yea, it's gone from the US site. Though it was a limited production run so I'm not surprised. I'm sure if you wanted to get a set you sill could. I might if I see one on eBay for like $10.