PDA

View Full Version : Valyrie Modification

Spirit Leech
04-12-2010, 07:49 PM
Has anyone ever tried modding a valkyrie to carry a cheap mp3 player and have a set of earbuds as speakers somewhere on it. I would love to have a valkyrie that plays well, fllight of the valkyries during a game.

joescalise
04-12-2010, 07:53 PM
No but my ork battle wagon has that.
it is good to know someone else thinks it is a good idea.

Fizyx
04-12-2010, 07:59 PM
Man, I would love to see an opponent put a Valkyrie on the table and have it play "Ride of the Valkyries" as it moved onto the table. I'm sure it could be done. Get a cheap random mp3 player from best buy and a little set of speakers and you'll be set, there should be room to put it in there. I don't know if they still make the tiny 528 Mb players anymore, but there has to be something out there.

gwensdad
04-12-2010, 08:44 PM
A quick look at amazon shows 2gig mp3 players for around $25. Might be able to find something local to you on clearance or on ebay.

The AKH
04-13-2010, 06:07 AM
I have seen it done, but never tried it myself - so it is possible, but I'm not sure how. If I recall, though, the guy had the MP3 player built into the base, and the earbuds in the hull of the Valk.

Shadoq
04-13-2010, 06:12 AM
Could do that with my ipod nano...
Wouldn't even have to be a permanent mod. Just put ear buds near the doors and crank the volume all the way up.

darthrex354
04-13-2010, 08:11 AM
theres a guy at my local gw who built an ipod dock and speakers into a warlord titan, i suggested ride but he plays iron man

Mystery.Shadow
04-13-2010, 12:32 PM
This would only be cool the FIRST TIME you moved it. Turn two it would be old news, by turn five your opponent would want to pick up your model and THROW it across the gaming center....

Commissar Lewis
04-13-2010, 06:53 PM
This reminds me of my group's last Apoc game during last summer. My friend had a Stormlord and he put a small speaker on the combat deck and had it attached to his ipod. All of us agreed that was the most awesome thing about the battle.

That and my friend on the other team taking Greater Possession SA when none of us on my team had any ICs.

Missinglink
04-13-2010, 08:08 PM
Yes, as a matter of fact, an awesome job was done by Sonic Monkey over on the Work in Progress board

http://z11.invisionfree.com/Work_In_Progress/index.php?showtopic=16444

Enjoy