PDA

View Full Version : Blood Angel WYSIWYG thoughts?

Gunzhard
04-12-2010, 10:29 AM
This isn't exactly a rule question and it isn't entirely a modeling question either... but if this is the wrong forum, please move it for me (thanks).

The Blood Angels Sanguinary Priest: Does the Apothecary standard arm count as a Chainsword/CCW ??

It does have a little chainsword and drill on it... I'm just wondering if I would need to add another standard Chainsword to this model for it to be WYSIWYG.

Thoughts? (I realize there might not be an official answer)

wittdooley
04-12-2010, 11:42 AM
IMO, the only additional modeling you need to do to a Sang Priest is to actually give it a special pistol, power weapon, or P-fist if you buy them. Otherwise, it should be assumed by most that they have the bolt pistol/CC weapon. I modeled mine with the Apoth. arm and a power weapon.

Duke
04-12-2010, 12:38 PM
Astartes are deadly with all sorts of imrpovised weapons, the chainsword is preffered. With that in mind you don't need to add a chainsword for the ccw. For all I care you could model a piece of wood in their hand and it would be a ccw, lol!

lobster-overlord
04-12-2010, 12:41 PM
That is a 3rd ed Honor Guard Apothecary model w/ Exsanguainator (sp?). They havn't had rules for it since 3rd ed, so it is still a valid model and is treated as a close combat weapon for that particular model. I have two of those and corbulo as my 3 SPs, and the two are considered Sp w/ plasma and Chainsword (of course I've modeled the plasma correctly). But as Duke said, it could be a stick and still be deadly in their hands.

John M>

Gunzhard
04-12-2010, 01:02 PM
Thanks guys!

Tynskel
04-12-2010, 02:03 PM
If you use a priest model, and do not upgrade any equipment: the model is Under WYSIWYG

However, the instant you buy wargear- the model should have the new wargear modeled to the figure (jump pack, power weapon, Infernus pistol, ect.)