PDA

View Full Version : inquisitors in IG

Sinistermind
04-11-2010, 08:58 PM
ok so i decided too add an inquisitor lord to my IG list and i thought why not put him with a land raider...:)
and then i came upon the question, can a unit from my codex ig get in his dedicated transport?, i know they cant start in it though

Melissia
04-11-2010, 09:07 PM
No, but not for the reason you think-- the Inquisitor Lord has to have his retinue, therefor isn't an Independent Character until he loses it. C:WH transports are not dedicated, thanks to the FAQ, so any unit can ride in it, but the Inquisitor Lord cannot join a squad until he/she loses his/her retinue.

Sinistermind
04-11-2010, 10:01 PM
I understand he has to have the minimum retinue but im asking if he isnt in the vehicle can other codex ig units get in?

Sinistermind
04-11-2010, 10:02 PM
wait sorry i see your edit, thats what i wondered, thanks alot!!

BuFFo
04-12-2010, 07:30 AM
I understand he has to have the minimum retinue but im asking if he isnt in the vehicle can other codex ig units get in?

Yes.

Culven
04-12-2010, 07:58 AM
C:WH transports are not dedicated, thanks to the FAQ, so any unit can ride in it
Being a Dedicated Transport only limits which unit may begin the game inside a Transport, it doesn't prevent other units from embarking later. The problem with the WH Dedicated Transports was that they had a rule which specifically restricted the Transport to the unit for which it was purchased. It is this which the FAQ removed. Transports selected for specific units are still Dedicated Transports and must follow the DT rules.

Melissia
04-12-2010, 12:13 PM
From the FAQ:

Transports
The second print run of the Codex removed
references to a transport vehicle only being
usable by the unit that bought it .

Which is what most people think of when they think "Dedicated Transport", because that's what it meant in fourth edition. And that's all I meant when I said it is no longer dedicated.

Culven
04-12-2010, 01:22 PM
Which is what most people think of when they think "Dedicated Transport", because that's what it meant in fourth edition.
I think that your assumption is incorrect. Most players I have met understand that the restrictions placed on Dedicated Transports have changed from fourth edition, but I don't believe that "most people" think that it still uses the fourth edition restrictions and they have assimilated the new rules. Though, there may be a few out there who haven't learned the new rules, just like there are some who insist on rolling a D6 for their "fleet" distance. :rolleyes:

Melissia
04-12-2010, 01:45 PM
Maybe I just have to play with a bunch of people who prefer the old fifth edition rules or something, then.

Culven
04-12-2010, 02:30 PM
Possibly. I have met a few players who still used fourth edition terminology for some things. The worst was a Tyranid player who insisted he was playing by fifth edition rules, but was clearly using fourth edition rules. For some, the rules become so ingrained that it takes some serious effort for them to change their ways.

Sinistermind
04-16-2010, 03:10 AM
ok another question along the same lines, say i take a squad of grey knights in my ig, i have 2 vendettas in the list, can i start a unit of grey knights in a vendetta?
im pretty sure the answer is yes, just a little fuzzy with the whole allies thing

BuFFo
04-16-2010, 08:38 AM
Yes.

Rangerrob
04-16-2010, 08:44 AM
Grey Knights yes, Grey Knight Termies Nope...page 3 of the Imp Guard FAQ.

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m470041a_FAQ_ImperialGuard_2009.pdf

Tynskel
04-16-2010, 05:07 PM
Possibly. I have met a few players who still used fourth edition terminology for some things. The worst was a Tyranid player who insisted he was playing by fifth edition rules, but was clearly using fourth edition rules. For some, the rules become so ingrained that it takes some serious effort for them to change their ways.

yeah,

it is called:

Reading the Rulebook.

Melissia
04-18-2010, 01:27 PM
Don't be a douche. A great many people played by 4th edition for a long while, switching over and remembering a new set of rules, and all their nuances, isn't as easy for everyone.

DarkLink
04-18-2010, 04:03 PM
Heck, we've had one or two guys who played 2nd or 3rd and skipped 4th, and just got back in. Funny thing is, they aren't that old. College student age. One of them has been in several of my engineering classes. They must have started young.