PDA

View Full Version : Blood angels Weapons options

addamsfamily36
04-11-2010, 07:37 PM
Ok this might just be me being stupid, and i have a feeling it is, but i would like peoples views on it.

In re-writing a blood angels list (already written a few) i was selecting weapons for my Assault squads sergeant, and came across a bit of a problem. Now in the other list i had written i had just given him a powersword, but since then i had spoken to several players who had given him both a powersword and a hand flamer or infernus pistol. now when i first heard this i thought you can't do that as it says

the sergeant can replace his bolt pistol/chainsword with: etc etc etc

so to me this means you can replace either the bolt pistol or the chainsword not both unlike the vanguard who's entry says and/or not just /.

So i decided to look up the forward slash symbol and my source said this

It is used to represent the concept "or", especially in instruction books. It is also commonly translated today as "and".

Ok so this backs my argument that u cant take both but also backs the arguement of others that you can take both.

I have see several lists that have equipped sergeants with both, on several forums. i don't think you are allowed to equip with both other wise it would say and/or like the other entries, but it could just be a typed error etc.

what are your thoughts?

lobster-overlord
04-11-2010, 07:49 PM
it is "and/or"

if you go by the gallery pic on page 73, gw has replaced both on their example model. If it was "or" then it wouldn't be a valid model.

John M.

addamsfamily36
04-11-2010, 07:59 PM
Cheers, i did think you should be able to do it, its jsut the entry was different from all the others so i was think was it a gamesworkshop error. but yeh as you've pointed out model equipped with it.

cheers