PDA

View Full Version : Terminator Assault Squad

lobster-overlord
04-11-2010, 01:12 PM
Hi all,

Does anyone have a picture of the sprues for the Terminator Assault squad? GW doesn't have these laid out like a lot of the newer sets.

I'm wondering, does the set come with 5 each of the Thunder Hammer/SS and Lightning Claws or do you have to do a mixed unit?

I'm in need of a set of (i don't care which) to build a Black Reach squad into Assault Termys, and wanted to know if it was viable to hit up people with bitz, or would I have to go for a parted out set to do it.

John M>

isotope99
04-11-2010, 01:20 PM
Don't have pictures but they definitely come with the option to make all five as hammershields or claws.

So Black reach plus an assault box could make 5 claws and 5 hammers.

Duke
04-11-2010, 01:21 PM
I don't have a pic, but from what I remember it comes with 5 of both... Cause I took off the arms on my AOBR models and made one squad of LC and one of TH/SS

Duke

lobster-overlord
04-11-2010, 01:39 PM
thanks guys.

John M.

gwensdad
04-11-2010, 05:29 PM
Just don't order the thunder hammer conversion kit from GW. I ordered one from my local store out of the direct catalog (where they show terminator parts) and they got in the thunderhammer kit for regular marines. And of course, the GW rep is giving them the run-around on replacing it with what I ordered.

lobster-overlord
04-11-2010, 06:08 PM
not going to order. Probably going to hit up guys at my FLGS for their bitz boxes. I just didn't know if it would be likely that they would have left overs or not

The AKH
04-11-2010, 07:54 PM
The Terminator Assault Squad box definitely comes with 5 TH/SS combos and 5 LC pairs - the only problem you're going to run into is the number of shoulder pads needed.

So, with one box, 5 AOBR Termies, and a bit of creative hacking, you could get 5 TH/SS Termies and 5 LC Termies, easy.