View Full Version : Allies - Is Army Builder Correct on this?

Harold Cowan
01-17-2016, 08:29 AM
I have a Blood Angels CAD (I know, I cry myself to sleep every night)

I have added an Astra Militarium Ally consisting solely of 1 Primarus Psyker and a Squad of Russ Tanks.

I have not taken any AM troops.

Army Builder does not give me any construction errors.

Is this OK, or is it a bug in Army Builder?

Charon
01-17-2016, 10:10 AM
Bug. You have to take at least 1 troop. Also this:

Each Astra Militarum detachment may include 0-3 Primaris Psykers. They do not take up a Force Organisation slot, and do not qualify as a mandatory HQ selection.

Harold Cowan
01-17-2016, 10:38 AM
So, not one, but two bugs! Somebody call Terminex! Dang, Army Builder is usually pretty reliable...

Blood Shadow
01-17-2016, 10:50 AM
Actually, it might be right.... But it's not.

The minimum AM take is two leman russ, but the psyker isn't allowed I'm afraid.

Harold Cowan
01-17-2016, 11:03 AM
Actually, it might be right.... But it's not.

The minimum AM take is two leman russ

Isn't that true only if you take the Tank Commander???

Blood Shadow
01-17-2016, 05:43 PM
Yes that's true, hence why I said it?

Harold Cowan
01-17-2016, 07:27 PM
Got it. Thanks for reminding me of the Tank Commander dude. He solves a lot of my Problems with the Build.

Denzark
01-19-2016, 07:32 AM
Unless the set up is wrong, ie CAD / allies detachment - maybe you inadvertently hit something else?

Harold Cowan
01-19-2016, 08:55 AM
Well, let's just say that a lot of things became more clear when I finally found my Asta Militarium Codex. Where the heck did I put that darn thing anyway? Hadn't used it in a year, did I leave it at the FLGS? Nope, somehow it got put on my Wife's bookshelf - the Last Place I would look!

While I do put a lot of trust in Army Builder, it is no substitute for the actual Codex.

I started the Build with a Blood Angel CAD, picked AM Allies, and took the Primarus Psyker as my Allied HQ, then added a Leman Russ Squadron. I took no Troops. I did not get any validation errors from AB, even though I did not a proper HQ nor any Troops in my Allied Detachment, both of which are clearly bugs.

Two lessons learned: ALWAYS have the Official Codex and Trust No One!