PDA

View Full Version : Krak Missile vs Abaddon...which save?

Mizzouri
04-09-2010, 11:38 AM
A friend of mine (both of us are new to the game) were having a friendly discussion about what save Abaddon would get from one of my Long Fang's Krak missiles. I argued that he has to take an Invulnerbale save as Abaddon's stats show T4(5) and that on page 26 of the rules Chaos Marks are not to be used in calculating Toughness for purposes of Instant death. He claims that since Abaddon has Eternal Warriror that that rule doesn't apply and that he is T5 and he should take a normal armour save. Which of us right?

Gotthammer
04-09-2010, 11:53 AM
He takes his 2+ armour save as Krak missiles are AP3.

As for his toughness he is wounded with S8 against T5, and will only take one wound due to Eternal Warrior (which exists to negate instant death).

If he didn't have Eternal Warrior he would be liable to suffer instant death due to his base toughness being 4, but the to wound roll would still be made with S8 vs T5.

Lerra
04-09-2010, 11:55 AM
Actually both you and your opponent are off track a bit. Abaddon still gets his armor save against a Krak missile because it is AP3 and he has a 2+ armor save. High strength doesn't get past armor - the instant kill rule doesn't come into play until after you've failed the armor save.

A guardsman would still get an armor save against a Str 10 AP 6 weapon. He would be instant killed if he failed, though.

Mizzouri
04-09-2010, 12:12 PM
Thanks for the answer guys!