PDA

View Full Version : Hi BoLS

Francorum
04-09-2010, 04:10 AM
Hi everybody,

my name is Francorum and I am French. It's been some time since I was surfing on the blog Bell of Lost Souls. I decided to subscribe to the Lounge so I can get in touch with a worlwide community of W40k gamers.
I am a pure Crimson Fists player, I plan to own the whole chapter in the future. Well what is remaining of it at least. :)
Lately I was considering going back toward the Blood Angels : the new minis are splendid ant it was my very first army when I started W40k in my youth. ;)

I am also a big fan of Space Hulk which I consider to be (if not the one) one of the best GW games. And the V3 met all my expections.

I visit the BoLS blog on a regular basis and, from time to time, I translate some articles in french (to the best of my abilities), mostly the ones which talk about 40k rumours and new codex.

Regards
Francorum

PS : I hope my english is understandable. If not let me know and I'll try to improve : I learn english watching movies and TV shows in english. And it's difficult some times to be accurate.:o

Herald of Nurgle
04-09-2010, 05:28 AM
Well, you can console yourself with the fact that your English is better than my French :P

Francorum
04-09-2010, 06:21 AM
Haha thanks.
I managed to be more or less understood then. :D

LoverzCry
04-09-2010, 07:46 AM
Hey there Battle Brother! Welcome, and also take pleasure in that my French is terrible. Took two years of classes, and I can't remember any of it xD

Bigred
04-09-2010, 07:48 AM
Welcome Francorum.

Make yourself at home. We like having players from other countries posting around here as it gives us different perspectives on the hobby that we don't normally get.

Also, whats the deal with all the crazy Golden Daemon entries that come in from France every year? They're so good its like they are from a different planet.

Francorum
04-09-2010, 08:32 AM
Took two years of classes, and I can't remember any of it xD
Don't worry I myself do not learn english from school. Playing wargames and RPG did improve my english ! Along with watching movies and tv shows. :D

Thanks for the welcome all of you, I'll try to do my best giving you french insight about the game. I, myself, am more of a fluff and competitive player. I do love good painting but I enjoy most the two others aspects of the hobby.
Speaking of which I can't really explain the magnificent painting at the french Golden Daemon but I do know one of the regular awarded painter since the first french GD, and I must reckon seeing his artwork is truly amazing.

david5th
04-10-2010, 06:28 AM
Bonjour Francorum

Francorum
04-10-2010, 10:29 AM
Bonjour David.

Thanks for welcoming me in my own language. :)

person person
04-10-2010, 05:46 PM
Bievenue Francorum!

Francorum
04-11-2010, 10:00 AM
Merci Personn. :)

Hope to catch all of you guys in future passionate discussions about our hobby. :D

MarshalAdamar
04-11-2010, 11:59 AM
Bonjour battle brother and welcome to the boards!

Francorum
04-11-2010, 01:09 PM
Thanks for welcoming me Marshal. :)

Is your nickname a reference to the Adama in Battlestar Galactica. Or am I totally mistaken ?

Just_Me
04-16-2010, 11:22 AM
Welcome to BoLS!

I'm always pleased to see the international gaming community come together. And fear not sir, your english is flawless (better than more than a few native speakers I have read).

Francorum
04-16-2010, 02:32 PM
Thanks Just Me (or is it just you ?... :) ).

How many French people are we on the BoLS Lounge ?

kelly7898
04-25-2010, 10:08 AM
Merci Personn. :)

Hope to catch all of you guys in future passionate discussions about our hobby. :D

Hi , I am a new member of forum. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guys!!!

Francorum
04-25-2010, 03:30 PM
Hi , I am a new member of forum. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guys!!!

But you would maybe start a topic of your own to receive such greetings ? :)