PDA

View Full Version : 1 epistolay or 2 librarians

kire
08-06-2009, 12:17 PM
i have a squad and i want to gate them and force dome them in the same turn is it better to use an epistolary or spend the extra 50 points and get second librarian?

VinceBlack
08-06-2009, 12:31 PM
Were you planning on running 2 librarians in one squad? I would say run the epis...

Grabsnikk
08-06-2009, 03:04 PM
It depends on whether or not you had a second hq lined up. If you were then you should take the epistolary as it will give you the 2 psychic powers that you need and leave you room to take a master/chaplain etc.
If you didn't have any other hq lined up then I would suggest taking a second librarian as then you have another force weapon in your army.

CrusherJoe
08-07-2009, 03:07 AM
For the last couple of minutes I've sat here and tried to remember if I've ever seen anyone play 2 libbys in one list. Hmmm, nope, don't believe I have. Nor have I ever seen 2 libbys in army list discussion. Neither of which means anything, really, just something to consider.

However, if I were you I'd run the epistolary and be done with it. If you can find the points put in in terminator armor and give him a storm shield because librarians don't have a built-in invulnerable save (like the other two SM HQs DO!) and keep him alive longer. Toss him with some Sternguard and then begin the ol' bounce 'n' pounce around the board, rapid firing every turn....

Waltz
08-07-2009, 04:06 AM
Unless you have another HQ in mind I would go with two of them (Redundancy is a great thing to have).

I have thought of running a list with two of them in it. I normally have one with null zone (I would say this is a must as it just ruins TH/SS termis and jetlock councils days, not to mention what it does to demon armies) and vortex (When is a str 10, AP1 blat not useful). He was in a crusader with a bunch of termies and Mr Lysander. I was thinking about running a list with two of them, give the second one null zone and gate.

Put the first one in the raider with TH/SS termies and the second on foot with a squad of 5 combine with scout bikers on turn 1 you could have the squad in the LR hurtling across the table and the other squad jumping into the enemy deployment zone with the help of the scouts.

There are lot's of nice combos for two, plus it gives you extra anti lash coverage.