PDA

View Full Version : 50pt Cygnar after a very long break.

Defiance
04-07-2010, 06:52 PM
Well after many years away from the game. I'm chopping at the bit to play again. So this what I've come up with. Thought's and comments appreciated:)

Caine
Lancer
Journeyman
Defender
Gun Mage Adept
Gun Mages
Gun Mages
Full Long Gunners
6 Trenchers
Stormblades with Attachment

Thanks guys and girls

Regards B

the_puritan
04-07-2010, 09:27 PM
I'd go for the unit attachment for one of your Gunmage units. In addition to being a sweet model, he (and his kickass gotee) give them True Sight to take down Stealth models coming your way.
Plus, he can marshall a jack and let it shoot its normal ranged attacks with any of the Gunmage abilities... like, say, your Defender with Snipe (for extra range on his already fairly-long-range gun)

For that matter, you could bring Strangewayes into the party for even more shenanegins...
With a Defender marshalled to the ATGM UA plus a focus from Strangewayes and Deadeye from Caine, it can get 4d6 to hit and much more reliably use those critical effects... plus, it can still boost damage from the marshalling.

My other suggestion would be to give the J-Man W.C. a Hunter.
J-Man is so squishy and keeping him within 6" of a jack is asking for trouble. Since the Hunter doubles the control area while allocating focus, it will still give you the punch you're looking for and give you way more breathing room from AOEs or slam attacks.

Defiance
04-07-2010, 11:54 PM
I like it, thanks for the advice.