PDA

View Full Version : 1850 Skitarii and Cult Mechanicus

harrymtown
12-23-2015, 10:03 AM
Hey guys I am looking for advice on a competitive list for a small tournament coming up. The rules for the tournament are 1850 point armies, armies are limited to two sources, and armies must be "battle forged" I am limited in the models I physically own as well as only being allowed to use two sources. Typically I would just bring a war convocation, but I can't since only two sources are allowed. Thus this was the list I was thinking of using.

My first detachment would be

Tech-Priest Dominus (warlord)
3x Kataphron Destroyers with plasma culverins and phosphor blasters
3x Kataphron Destroyers with heavy grav-cannons and phosphor blasters
Kastelan Robot Maniple
2 Kastelan Robots 2x heavy phosphor blaster and 2x Twin linked heavy phosphor blaster
1 Cybernetica Datasmith

765 points

My Second Detachment would be

5 Skitarii Rangers 1x Transuranic arquebus
10 Skitarii Vanguard omnispex 2x arc rifle
10 Skitarii Vanguard omnispex 2x plasma caliver

5 Sicarian Infiltrators
5 Sicarian Rustalkers

2 Sydonian Dragoons

2 Oranger Dunecrawlers 2x Icarius array

What I was thinking for other possible ideas is to drop the destroyers and just have my Cult Mechanics detachment be cohort cybernetica formation instead. I could also drop the Rustalkers and add more robots to the the maniple so that there would be three. I know pure Mechanics is not as good as other armies, but I am trying to make the most competitive list I can with the models provided. I am not sure what would be most optimal so I am curious what other people thing.

Thanks in advance!

Mr.Gold
01-13-2016, 06:43 PM
I have found that a Cohort Cybernetica, plus another Dominus (give him the Scryerskull perspicatus for all Cult/Skitarii rerolling Armour Pens against 1 vehicle per turn) and 2 squads of Kataphrons (choose flavour - I tend to go with 3x Grav, 3x Breachers + haywire) in a battle maniple (for that reuseable Canticle), with allied skitarii for the remaining points, e.g. skitarii maniple with 1x Rangers, 1x Vanguard, Dunecrawlers and Dragoons, and then I would go with the Sicarian Formation as you have 5+5 already (just one more box needed) - put the Omniscent mask on one of the Infiltrator Leaders for rerolling to hit Taser...

Have the Dominus in the Cohort Cybernetica formation your Warlord, and you will never give up Slay the warlord, I have never had this unit completley destroyed even when I played Necrons (they used Decurian and charged in with Overlord + Orikan + Lychguard + warscythes approx about the same amount of points on about turn 3, by the end of turn 6 bearly any damage had been done this was due to IWND & 2+ wound regain but also the dominus and Daatasmiths had Conversion Fields - this meant that when they were struck in the challange it caused a blind test on I2 for the Crons which they promptly failed and went down to Ws & Bs 1 for the turn)...

Path Walker
01-14-2016, 01:49 AM
Had a quick 1000 point game againt Tau just using the Cohort Cybernetica with 6 Kastelans and definitely felt dirty, it was super hard