PDA

View Full Version : What would you like to see in the BoLS PP Subforums?

Bigred
04-07-2010, 10:00 AM
Ok everybody,

We have gotten a large amount of new friends registering thanks to the Privateer Press.com challenge, and here is the time to tell us what you would like to see here to help grow the Warmachine/Hordes online community.

We can open up more sub forums, work on trying to put together archives of tutorials, and training articles, build up the best gallery of PP images, or whatever else you guys think would give you another great place for PP fans to check out regularly.

Let us know what you want, that the online PP community can't easily get right now and we'll put on our thinking caps.

-bigred

Herr Wiggles
04-07-2010, 01:35 PM
a hobby section would definitely be awesome, along with a list discussion subforum

Iron Kolossus
04-07-2010, 01:50 PM
Would love to see a PP subforum, and a Hobby/terrain Section as well.

Drew da Destroya
04-13-2010, 12:20 PM
I wouldn't mind a Background section... I don't play any PP games (yet), but I'm pretty interested in the background, and can't find many good online sources.

Bigred
04-13-2010, 01:18 PM
Cool, keep the ideas coming

the_puritan
04-13-2010, 05:52 PM
I think having Warmachine/Hordes having their own section in the forums would go a long way towards "legitimizing" (probably not the best word) us players' intrest in it and could hopefully get us some more traffic.

As it stands right now, there's a 40K section, a Fantasy section and then everybody else lumped together.
That's ok if you're looking to snag GW-game-players-who-also-happen-to-dabble-in-other-stuff but, if you're looking to hook some honest-to-goodness Warmahorders, I'm sure they (we) would feel more welcome in their (our) own section.

So, i guess what I'm trying to say is.... we want what they got.

;-)

OnFyre
04-21-2010, 03:53 PM
There needs to be a Monsterpocalypse subforum. I just started playing and it would be nice to get some tips!

Bigred
04-22-2010, 09:32 AM
OK, so right now, the PP forums have 2 areas, general and painting/hobby.

The next logical branching points are a dedicated news/rumors and a rules/tactics forums. But here's the rub guys: empty subforums are poison to forums and are a disencentive for new posters. Once we add another PP subforum I will break this section off into its own standalone area like the 40k/fantasy folks have.

But, we need to see some community leaders willing to be either news/rumors trawlers or tactics/rules/list gurus and step up to provide some regular content and help the newer members.

If several of you folks give the word, and are willing to be PP community leaders here, I can set the new subforums up in minutes. When we first started the lounge, a small set of users volunteered to "take point" in the 40k areas and lit the fires that got those areas off the ground. Now its our turn. Let me know...

CrashTestDummy
05-15-2010, 07:47 AM
Faultie and I are going to try and get PP established here on the forums. If you have any suggestions let us know too!!! If there are articles you would like to see, tell us please!

To address some of the things brought up:

Hobby - Hooray we have one!

Tactics/List Discussion I think would be a good addition to forum as well as News/Rumors. Personally I think rules should be left to the PP forums since you can actually get official rulings on issues there. Though if you do have rules questions, feel free to ask them here!

Monpoc is something I unfortunately know nothing about, though I am going to dive in with Voltron to get an understanding. If anybody who knows the game would like to help get it started here on the forums that would be great!

Background is hard to get unfortunately. What exactly were you looking for? Part of PPs selling point for buying the faction books/new rule books is that they are the only source of the game's fiction at the moment. It's also hard since in Mark II they are re-writing/solidifying the story and background for some factions/models.

mikethefish
05-17-2010, 03:58 PM
Yeah, right now, I think we should really try and stick to basics. Our post count is pretty low, so no need to get terribly extravegant at the moment. Best concentrate on luring more posters and such