PDA

View Full Version : Came for the competition, figure I might as well stick around.

ThomasRahl
04-06-2010, 05:44 PM
Hello BoLS! I stumbled across your blog about two months ago and have been really enjoying it. I registered to post in the "Who is your favorite Warcaster?" thread to enter for the free army, but I figure I might as well stick around.

I played 40k, Dark Eldar, back in High School in like 2000, then got out of minis when the LGS closed. Later on in about 2005 I picked up HORDES, specifically Circle Orboros at the local shop and fell in love. I picked up Cygnar and became a Press Ganger in '06. At some point I sold off my Dark Eldar to buy a Sabol case, but I couldn't stay away forever. I'm slowly giving a friend a Retribution army in exchange for his old second edition Tyranids. I'm enjoying the difference in scale, specifically how WARMACHINE seems to focus way more on individual models as the focal unit of the game whereas 40k focuses on a squad as the focal unit. I don't like one focus more than the other, but being able to change pace is refreshing.

So I plan on sticking around, enjoying your blog some more, engaging in some discussions, an trying to convince people that it is possible to play both Games Workshop and Privateer games and enjoy them both without your head exploding. Finding time to paint models for two game systems, that's another story...

person person
04-06-2010, 05:55 PM
Welcome to the community Thomas!

Bigred
04-06-2010, 10:35 PM
Welcome ThomasRahl and make yourself at home.

We run a fun loving ship over here and love cross system gamers! We are growing our PP community so have fun in there, and when you find time, lets see some of your PP and GW minis up in the galleries, or the modeling sub-forums.

david5th
04-07-2010, 10:35 AM
Hello and welcome ThomasRahl.

MarshalAdamar
04-08-2010, 12:18 PM
Welcome aboard!

Just_Me
04-16-2010, 11:21 AM
Welcome to BoLS!

You sir sound like a true renaissance gamer, glad to have you.