PDA

View Full Version : Furioso Librarians

PsionicFox
04-05-2010, 07:51 PM
Okay, so I love the idea of the Furioso Dreadnought, but I wanted to ask, if a Dred uses Wings of Sanguinius, does it move with a Jump Pack, or as a Jetbike? The rules are not clear at all on this.

On the one hand, a Dred is not a bike, so it should move with a Jump Pack. But on the other, a Dred IS a vehicle...

I now open the floor!

Darkriver
04-05-2010, 07:58 PM
Bikes even though are vehicles, aren't considered vehicles when a unit rides on one, they just get a modifier to their stats. So since the Dread is not riding a bike it would count as a jump pack.

lobster-overlord
04-05-2010, 08:40 PM
I read it that it would be as if Jump Pack, thus 12 inches.

Also, on a side note, I'm reading it correctly that I can upgrade to a Librarian on the Furioso, and then swap out the one CCW for a Frag Launcher, correct?

DarkLink
04-05-2010, 10:29 PM
It clearly only allows movement as a jump pack.

The rule states "the Librarian may move as if equipped with a jump pack. A librarian with a bike moves as if with a jetbike."

In order to move as a jetbike, the Librarian MUST be equipped with a bike. And I'm pretty sure that's not on the list of options for a Dreadnought:p.

DarkLink
04-05-2010, 10:32 PM
Oh, and for the equpment option; I don't think any specific order is stipulated when upgrading the Dread. So you can take any of the options on the list, in any order. Thus, you could upgrade to a Librarian dread, then replace the blood fist with frag cannon.

However, as a Librarian Dread doesn't have two blood fists, it could not upgrade to a pair of blood talons.

Drew da Destroya
04-06-2010, 06:57 AM
So since the Dread is not riding a bike it would count as a jump pack.

Maybe your Dread isn't riding a bike!

Then again, I'm an ork. Everyone's riding a bike!

lieutenant interest
04-06-2010, 08:03 AM
Regarding the dreads equipment. I think the key part is the line "exchanging all wargear...". For me this would mean a big no on getting the frag cannon.

Now if it said "exchanging one bloodfist for a force weapon" I think you would have a way to get a frag cannon.

The closest comparison I can think of when buying terminator armour for a character. You have the option to by some wargear (bolt pistol, chainsword, etc.) but if you buy terminator armour for said character you would lose this wargear.

Thats just one mans opinion.

Tynskel
04-06-2010, 09:53 AM
Regarding the dreads equipment. I think the key part is the line "exchanging all wargear...". For me this would mean a big no on getting the frag cannon.

Now if it said "exchanging one bloodfist for a force weapon" I think you would have a way to get a frag cannon.

The closest comparison I can think of when buying terminator armour for a character. You have the option to by some wargear (bolt pistol, chainsword, etc.) but if you buy terminator armour for said character you would lose this wargear.

Thats just one mans opinion.

it says exchange all wargear--- yes

but you keep one blood fist.

you can exchange that one blood fist.

addamsfamily36
04-06-2010, 01:58 PM
I was about to disagree with the replacing that one blood fist, but on reading the entry again it implies you replace your starting wargear with the librarians, and from there you can replace one blood fist with a frag cannon.

Tynskel
04-06-2010, 02:43 PM
It is an interesting idea to replace the blood Fist for the Flak Cannon.

I have been thinking about the design of my Librarian.

What powers would you take?
The Flak Cannon is an anti-infantry weapon. The Magna Grapple is an anti-tank weapon.

I am not sure what powers I would take.

04-06-2010, 04:51 PM
It is an interesting idea to replace the blood Fist for the Flak Cannon.

I have been thinking about the design of my Librarian.

What powers would you take?
The Flak Cannon is an anti-infantry weapon. The Magna Grapple is an anti-tank weapon.

I am not sure what powers I would take.

Drop pod with Blood Lance and the cover save or wings, I think. Depending on the metagame, it could be pretty solid against all those squishy IG tanks! :) Space permitting, deploy out of the drop pod at the flank of all those nicely lined up chimeras, etc, and see how far your lance goes! :)

lobster-overlord
04-06-2010, 07:08 PM
I was mainly thinking myself of doing a close combat beast, so Wings would be one power to be able to get up in their face quicker. Then the Frag Cannon to blast their face off before beating their face with a force weapon. Not sure about the other power though.

Tynskel
04-06-2010, 07:21 PM
If you are going CC, your second power should probably be Unleashed Rage-- get Preferred Enemy!

Tynskel
04-06-2010, 07:24 PM
Drop pod with Blood Lance and the cover save or wings, I think. Depending on the metagame, it could be pretty solid against all those squishy IG tanks! :) Space permitting, deploy out of the drop pod at the flank of all those nicely lined up chimeras, etc, and see how far your lance goes! :)

I have thought about that idea. It would make a great 'screw u guard!' Dreadnought...

but you forgot one thing.

The instant someone sees that you are Drop Poddin' a Dreadnought with Blood Lance and Magna Grapple, they'll probably reserve their tanks.

That might be a good thing, however. Gives you a chance to floor it across the board, unhindered by enemy fire.

04-06-2010, 07:45 PM
I have thought about that idea. It would make a great 'screw u guard!' Dreadnought...

but you forgot one thing.

The instant someone sees that you are Drop Poddin' a Dreadnought with Blood Lance and Magna Grapple, they'll probably reserve their tanks.

That might be a good thing, however. Gives you a chance to floor it across the board, unhindered by enemy fire.

It's a win-win situation! :D

Tynskel
04-06-2010, 09:06 PM
It's a win-win situation! :D

Now, the counter to this could be the Mystified Inquisitor... too bad The Inquisition Codexes are not coming out until after 'Ard Boyz.

DarkLink
04-07-2010, 04:30 PM
I think the Frag cannon is a much better anti-infantry weapon that a magna-grappler is an anti-tank weapon. I'm not overly impressed by the capacity of the grappler.

Besides, Dreads should always have that big old CCW to take vehicles. Or maybe a melta/multimelta.

Tynskel
04-07-2010, 04:51 PM
I think the Frag cannon is a much better anti-infantry weapon that a magna-grappler is an anti-tank weapon. I'm not overly impressed by the capacity of the grappler.

Besides, Dreads should always have that big old CCW to take vehicles. Or maybe a melta/multimelta.

When you upgrade to the Libby Dread, you give up the Meltagun arm. The Bloodfist you keep is the Storm Bolter Arm- upgradable to a Hv Flamer.

The question becomes: do you keep CCW and Force Weapon (extra Attack) or do you give up Bloodfist for the Flak Cannon.

You'll still have 3 attacks (4 on the charge). Plus, if you want to go vehicle hunting, you could take the Blood Lance Power and Magna Grapple still- and if you don't want the blood lance power, you could take the Sanguine Sword and go back to Str 10.

DarkLink
04-07-2010, 06:16 PM
If you want to use a Librarian Dreadnought for tank hunting, go with Blood Lance every time. Especially if you have a Drop Pod/Storm Raven to get your Dread up close and personal.