PDA

View Full Version : Templars WIP

gcsmith
04-05-2010, 03:14 PM
Bit late posting but here is my Templars WIP, due to being late, im gonna post the the thread with the pics in for now because it is short, then post all pics direct. :p hope you enjoy.
http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?showtopic=196987

Please some critisms as I want to get good enough for commision :p well advice really.

athanor
04-05-2010, 08:46 PM
Nice job so far... try base coating the shoulder pads in dheneb stone and building up with many thin coats of skull white to avoid the "bumpy" effect on the shoulders. Another quick and dirty trick is to very finely (i.e. using an almost completely dry) dry brush the black torso with astronomicon grey to bring out the edges, then repeat with a 2:1 mix of astronomicon grey with codex grey on the areas you want to pop- the helmet and chest plate, for example. Finally, you can wash the white shoulder pads with a thin wash of sepia to give it an aged look. Doesn't take long at all- you can get an acceptable, table-top worthy effect in no time.

gcsmith
04-06-2010, 09:40 AM
thanks for the advice, Might try that idea for the shoulder as I have some sepia :p just dnt wanna ruin it. Any more advice.