PDA

View Full Version : 'Ard Boyz!

Tynskel
04-05-2010, 12:48 PM
Hey guys,

I wanted to start an army design discussion for 'Ard Boyz. Please posts lists!

I am hopeful that people will be respectful, and give constructive advice to each other... Realistically, very few have a chance to get to the top!

I know that I will be attending Prelims in Southern California. Let's say I get Lucky- I will attend Semi-finals in the Indiana area (Start at Purdue this summer). Let's say I get lucky again... well, I won't be attending finals in chicago, as much as I would like to. I will be in Italy working my butt off.

Soooo, unlike most people, I will be attending 'Ard Boyz to have fun (sounds weird, eh?).

Now, I don't have the Blood Angels Dex in front of me (didn't get my paycheck!!!!), But I am making a Stormraven, and I know I will be using the Angels of Death.

I will have a well mixed force:
Lots of Transports
A terminator squad (probably shooty- I have a 'Ard On for Hv Flamers)
Probably a Libby Dread (probably in the Stormraven)
Death Co Dread in a Drop Pod
Good Chance I'll use Corbulo.
Vindicator, for sure!
Baals too
Possibly a Vanguard Vet Squad- since they are cheaper, and are more likely to work.
I haven't decided upon a Special Character Commander, or just a normal hero for HQ.
Predator Destructor- might be an Annihilator.

Here's the real kicker:

I am designing the Stormraven with lots of magnets to be able to swap out all sorts of guns. The last few years, there was no restriction on your army for each game-- you can change lists-- so I might switch up who gets the Drop Pod and rides in the Stormraven, ect.

Another interesting note: probably going to be much discussion about this- 'Skies of Blood' and Heroic Intervention--- Granted, I don't have the codex in front of me, but the wording for Heroic Intervention in the Space Marine Codex is for Deep Strike, and getting out of the Stormraven is like deep strike-- so this might be an interesting combo to 'abuse' at 'Ard Boyz.

Duke
04-05-2010, 01:30 PM
Ya know, everyone is in love with the vindicators, but after playtesig them a few times I am not that impressed the prominence of cover saves really hurts the effectivness... I will be trying out an autocannon pred with lascannon sponsons this week, so you'll be hearing from me on that one.

Darkriver
04-05-2010, 01:59 PM
In regards to the Skies of Blood and Heroic Intervention rule, you would not be able to assault. Heroic Intervention states "arrives from reserve via deep strike,.......". They wouldn't be able to since they are coming from the stormraven and not reserve.

Tynskel
04-05-2010, 03:08 PM
see, I don't have the codex yet--- probably wednesday.

That is a slight change from the Space Marine book- Heroic Intervention doesn't mention reserves, just deep strike.

I can tell you, I liked my Fast Predator Destructors with Lascannon Sponsons. They were awesome at vehicle bustin'!

As to vindicators--- I either shoot targets that have huge armor saves, where knocking them down to 4+ cover save is better, oooooor I shoot at closest target, which often is not always in cover.

Darkriver
04-05-2010, 04:51 PM
I believe the slight addition to wording was done intentionally so as not to cause a rules issue. I've been impressed so far as I've not seen any major rules questions as we have in previous codexes (codcies).

DarkLink
04-05-2010, 06:59 PM
I believe the slight addition to wording was done intentionally so as not to cause a rules issue. I've been impressed so far as I've not seen any major rules questions as we have in previous codexes (codcies).

Here's one; does a storm raven with a locator beacon prevent a squad deploying via "Skies of Blood" from scattering? There's a thread going on that one atm.

Darkriver
04-05-2010, 07:36 PM
That's a good one. I have my opinion on that but I'll try and find that thread to voice it there so we don't have this one comes off topic.