PDA

View Full Version : WH40K Battlefields question.

david5th
04-05-2010, 12:19 PM
After little or no response form the people at Warhammer World - no response frm an e-mail sent 8 days ago and seemingly no one answering the phone i turn to the forum for help.

In the rules pack you receive there i the following section.

THINGS YOU WILL NEED TO BRING WITH YOU

Entry ticket - obviously.
Fully painted miniatures - obviously.
Tray to move models between games. - probably bring two.
Rules pack - obviously.
English rulebooks and supplements - Do they mean only the ones i will need or all the ones i might possibly need?
Dice and templates - Do they mean only the ones i will need or all the ones i might possibly need?
Tape measure - obviously.
Objective counters and special rule markers where appropiate - Do they mean green pastic markers you got in the gamers edition 40K + planetstrike strategems such as crashed spaceships etc.
Pen and paper - obviously.
Glue - obviously.

This is my first tournament. I am using a Ultramarine army straight from the codex - no allies or apocalypse formations or units.
Any help would greatly appreciated.

Denzark
04-05-2010, 03:06 PM
After little or no response form the people at Warhammer World - no response frm an e-mail sent 8 days ago and seemingly no one answering the phone i turn to the forum for help.

In the rules pack you receive there i the following section.

THINGS YOU WILL NEED TO BRING WITH YOU

Entry ticket - obviously.
Fully painted miniatures - obviously.
Tray to move models between games. - probably bring two.
Rules pack - obviously.
English rulebooks and supplements - Do they mean only the ones i will need or all the ones i might possibly need? Main rules. Any codexes. Believe battlefields has Planetstrike and or apoc - so bring both. It might help if you print out any faqs you need (although they will have a judges rulebook with all of them in). Codexes for your army only not everyone you may face.
Dice and templates - Do they mean only the ones i will need or all the ones i might possibly need? scatter dice. A few d6. All the templates your army uses.
Tape measure - obviously.
Objective counters and special rule markers where appropiate - Do they mean green pastic markers you got in the gamers edition 40K + planetstrike strategems such as crashed spaceships etc. Whatever you normally use for objective marker is what thye probably mena by counters - at least enough for the maximum number you may place in any given scenario. Special rule markers I didn't need - so I am guessing that, if in apoc or planetstrike you use something like a minefield etc you need a modelled item to place.
Pen and paper - obviously.
Glue - obviously.

This is my first tournament. I am using a Ultramarine army straight from the codex - no allies or apocalypse formations or units.
Any help would greatly appreciated.

I was at throne of skulls year so I may be able to help understanding what they are after... see above.

LoverzCry
04-06-2010, 07:43 AM
Make sure your shoes are comfortable : / It sucks having to stand around all day and even worse when your feet are killing you. I'd also bring some water, possibly a snack just to have on you like a power bar or something. Just a couple things for commodity.

So far as what you've already got there, Denzark's right along what I'd go with.

david5th
04-06-2010, 01:39 PM
Thanks for the response.

Finally managed to get through to Warhammer world today.

Basically was told to bring whats codex i will need + rulebook, supplemenst etc. If i have already made objectives, markers & special rule markers thats great, but they don't expect everyone to have built markers for everything. Pen and paper will do just fine as long as your opponent understands.

Thanks again for the response.

Lerra
04-06-2010, 02:04 PM
I bring a laser pointer for the occasional LoS issue that pops up. It's quite handy. A printed copy of the GW FAQ for your codex can also be useful.

Make sure you don't lose your scatter die, measuring tape, or templates. If you have more than one it might be a good idea to bring a backup.