PDA

View Full Version : possible wolf guard load outs

zealotic
04-05-2010, 11:12 AM
hey, bols i'm building a codex-wolves army, and hoping to make heavy use of wolf guard, with maybe a skratch built logan coming to the modeling section of this forum.

The running ideas i've got for them are
1) sergeants, of course- various builds from st. bolter pf, to thunder hammers, and power weapons
2) land raider (whatever varient), full squad w/ 5 storm bolters, 3 combi-meltas, 2 combi-flamers, pf, and other close combat depending on points
3)smash'em terminator build( wolf claws with some thunder hammers)
4)shoot'em term. build- you get me there i hope

but other than these, and commenting of them as well, what do you guys think, and how would you run your wolf guard.

slxiii
04-05-2010, 08:41 PM
I usually run one squad leader per GH squad, P-Fist, combi melta. sometimes melta bombs, I don't like taking chances being death or gloried.

pchappel
04-06-2010, 10:41 AM
My Wolf Guard tend to get detailed out to ride in the Hunter's Razorbacks... I'll usually put a Frost Blade/Combi weapon (Melta or Flame thrower) with a squad getting the Power Fist, and a Powerfist/Combi weapon with a squad getting a power weapon... So, 3-4 of the lads go that way, including one to run with the Scouts...

Maybe we're an odd location, but I tend to see so much plasma type weaponry that Terminator armored Guard just don't seem worth taking for me... I did run a Cyclone detailed out to a Long Fang squad for a while, but it is hard to justify that comparing it's cost to a Predator/Vindicator (or both)... I do run a Land Raider pretty regularly, and it is usually the dedicated transport for a WG squad. A mix of the guys not detailed out to squads, a few Terminators on occasion, but by and large a well equipped "veteran assault squad" to run with whatever HQ I have... Usually are more of a distraction for the enemy than anything, the strength of the army is it's Grey Hunters... 'course, just my opinion as always :)