PDA

View Full Version : Sanguinary Guard Close Combat Question

Lednera
04-04-2010, 11:07 PM
As I can interpret this the Sanguinary Guard are equipped with a two handed power weapon, master crafted and a specilized boltgun. I was reading the main rule book under assault and they define a normal weapon could be rifle butts and all those things. The boltgun is wrist mounted and it is a normal weapon but they also have the two handed sword I would argue that they get a +1 attack since they are realy dual wilding two two handed weapons. It makes sense and it sort of fits the description of weapons in the assault section of the main rule book please correct me or even better explain to m why I would not get the extra attack?

Tynskel
04-04-2010, 11:18 PM
p. 42

Read the section on fighting with two single-handed weapons.

All of the rules for bonus attacks are about two single-handed weapons.

Sanguinary Guard use two handed power weapons, never allowing the use of two single-handed weapons.

Nabterayl
04-05-2010, 12:20 AM
Bingo. At best, SG are wielding a two-handed weapon and a one-handed weapon. That is definitely not wielding two one-handed weapons. It's no different than a captain wielding a relic blade and a pistol, which also doesn't garner an extra attack.

sebi81
04-05-2010, 04:51 AM
just wishful thinking... you donīt get an extra attack if you use a two-handed weapon.

energongoodie
04-05-2010, 04:56 AM
I also have a question about these guys and close combat.
Their master crafted weapons allow them to reroll one missed hit. As we roll all the dice for a unit at once, does that mean that a squad of 5 men would get to roll 5 dice that missed, no matter who missed. Or should we roll all the attacks seperately for each man to make sure each one gets only 1 re-roll?
Tiny point. Just wondered.

ashnaile
04-05-2010, 05:37 AM
You should be doing them seperately really, it is gaining an advantage doing it all at once and rerolling by the number of guys in the squad.

sorienor
04-05-2010, 09:12 AM
Not only are the weapons 2-handed but the boltgun they have are not pistols. You can only gain an extra attack with pistols..no other shooting weapon counts as a CC weapon. So that's 2 strikes..

XHound87
04-05-2010, 09:20 AM
Well, there used to be a nifty little rule called "True Grit" for a few dudes who used bolters.... But obviously that doesn't apply here.

As others have said, yours is merely wishful thinking. Though it would be a pretty neat homebrew character that could use 2 2H weapons.

DarkLink
04-05-2010, 10:41 AM
Well, there used to be a nifty little rule called "True Grit" for a few dudes who used bolters.... But obviously that doesn't apply here.

As others have said, yours is merely wishful thinking. Though it would be a pretty neat homebrew character that could use 2 2H weapons.

Now I think it's only Grey Knights with our Storm Bolters.

XHound87
04-05-2010, 11:35 AM
Now I think it's only Grey Knights with our Storm Bolters.

Yeah, which makes me sad. Even though I dislike normal SM, I thought it was a pretty nifty ability that you could do with the whole chapter thing in the last codex. Maybe whenever GK's get redone it'll be a beefier ability that marks them different, even though that's kinda the case now. For the record, I'm a GK player too. ^.^

But on topic, how neat would it be to see, perhaps, an especially large ork using a pair of 'uge choppas and get a special sort of bonus for it. A guy can dream.... Substitute any other 'dex's two hand weapons for effect.

Paul
04-05-2010, 04:45 PM
Yeah, which makes me sad. Even though I dislike normal SM, I thought it was a pretty nifty ability that you could do with the whole chapter thing in the last codex. Maybe whenever GK's get redone it'll be a beefier ability that marks them different, even though that's kinda the case now. For the record, I'm a GK player too. ^.^

But on topic, how neat would it be to see, perhaps, an especially large ork using a pair of 'uge choppas and get a special sort of bonus for it. A guy can dream.... Substitute any other 'dex's two hand weapons for effect.

Surely you meant "another codex's two hand weapons AND CHARACTERS..."

Otherwise:

An especially large ork using a pair of Nemesis Force Weapons...

rofl.