PDA

View Full Version : Jump Packs in Land Raiders

lobster-overlord
04-03-2010, 09:16 PM
OK, seeing as I have an unpainted (or rather, not primed) Land Raider Crusader in the works, I was thinking of doing it in my Death Company color scheme.

I was thinking mainly for bigger games

Death Company x14
Lemartes
parked in a LRCrusader with MM, StormB.

Runs right at 700 pts.

Here's my rules question. The unit can take a LR if they don't have Jump Packs. Lemartes comes with a jump pack, but does not have a restriction applying to him that states you have to take Jump troops in the squad he's an upgrade to. If I pull the 14 man squad with no packs and put Lemartes in it, and take the LRC as the transport, is it still legal to throw them in, as it has the 16 capacity (Lem counting as 2 with the pack)? I checked the BRB just to make sure on Jump Infantry as Lem is JI. Jump Infantry cannot embark in vehicles. Does he then negate the Infantry rule for the unit and thus not allow them to utilize the LR at all until he is removed from the unit (casualty)?

If I didn't ask clearly enough, sorry.

John M>

Angelus Mortifer
04-03-2010, 09:45 PM
Jump Pack Troops can't embark or be in vehicles full stop. So to run that configuration you'll have to run them outside the transport until Lemartes dies, at which point they're free to use the Raider... whenever that may be...

Lerra
04-03-2010, 09:52 PM
Lemartes is a upgrade character, not an independent character. As far as I'm aware, he becomes infantry as soon as you attach him to a squad of infantry.

lobster-overlord
04-03-2010, 09:57 PM
But all models with Jump Packs count as jump infantry (per the wargear listing for Jump packs), so even in a mixed unit that model still would count as Jump infantry. Unless you can point to a rule where your awareness comes from. I would love it to be that way...

No where does it say either that Lemartes can lose his jump pack either.

John M.

Sir Biscuit
04-03-2010, 11:07 PM
In apocalypse games, you can put jump infantry into transports, and they count as two infantry, but in regular 40k you just aren't allowed to embark as jump infantry. Period.

If you really want death company without jump packs, Lemartes AND a transport, buy a Storm Raven. It's the only transport that can carry jump infantry (as it has a specific exception to the general rule).

DarkLink
04-03-2010, 11:14 PM
I think it's only super-heavies in apoc that can transport models with jump packs (and of course the new storm raven).

Grimnar42
04-04-2010, 01:22 AM
For friendly games I would have no problems with that if you pulled the jumppack off Lemartes or come up with a home brew character minus jumppack using his rules.

sorienor
04-04-2010, 04:32 AM
If you really want the LR, instead of Lemartes just take a regular Reclusiarch or Chaplain.

lobster-overlord
04-04-2010, 11:29 AM
That's what I was looking at. For 15 guys and a Reclusiarch it's the same price as the 14 plus Lemartes. Fluff wise, I just like him, tis all.

Thanks all,

John M>

Fellend
04-04-2010, 05:52 PM
can anyone link the page that says that jumpmarines may enter vehicles in apocalypse?

Sir Biscuit
04-04-2010, 05:56 PM
It's in one of the appendices of the main Apocalypse book. Near the back.