PDA

View Full Version : Dukes Blood Angels/ Grey Knights

Pages : [1] 2

Duke
04-03-2010, 09:13 AM
Here is my first 5 man squad... Im ordering bases, so remember that they aren't based... Comments welcome. I will post more as I complete stuff

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/Veahirin/IMG_0386.jpg

gilbert93dt
04-03-2010, 10:06 AM
Quality work. Some of the best Blood Angels I have seen.

wittdooley
04-03-2010, 10:06 AM
Looks really cool, man. Interesting to see the Sang Guard in Red, but I like it!

Duke
04-03-2010, 11:20 AM
Thanks guys... Here are a few more things.

This is a statue of Sanguinius. It will be the centerpiece of my display board. (I wanted it to look like it was once painted, but has since had the paint chipped away.

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/Veahirin/photo.jpg

This one is the transport that my prvious squad will be mounted in. (It is the razorback with the Yello "X" on top of it with the skull and the Blood Angels Symbol painted in black on the Hvy Bolter casing.

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/Veahirin/4dc56d42.jpg

Thoughts and comments welcome as always

Son_of_Osiris
04-03-2010, 12:19 PM
Nice freehand work. I always like doing a little something extra on my rhinos and landraiders to break up the negative area.

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
04-03-2010, 12:25 PM
Damn! Great looking army. Say, where did you find those wings on the Sanguinus statue?

Duke
04-03-2010, 12:51 PM
Thanks for the compliments... I built the wings from greenstuff. Just Kidding.

The model is actually a "freebooter," model. So the wings came with it. It was a great find but came in around $40 for it. and it is about 54mm scale, so pretty large.

Duke

Ordo
04-03-2010, 12:54 PM
those look really good. some of the paintings on the tanks look like the ones that jawaballs did

Duke
04-03-2010, 03:14 PM
those look really good. some of the paintings on the tanks look like the ones that jawaballs did

Sadly, there aren't that many blood angels icongraphy images around... Now that the new codex is out I am all excited! Ill probably buy another Rhino or two for the Squad that is attatched to the Librarian. It will be like the Libbys 'pimp my ride'

So long story short, they look the same because they are the same, especially the Second company symbol on the Land Raider.

Duke

wittdooley
04-03-2010, 03:30 PM
Sadly, there aren't that many blood angels icongraphy images around... Now that the new codex is out I am all excited! Ill probably buy another Rhino or two for the Squad that is attatched to the Librarian. It will be like the Libbys 'pimp my ride'

So long story short, they look the same because they are the same, especially the Second company symbol on the Land Raider.

Duke

Yeah, I thought that was really peculiar. I was expecting a lot of iconography/art in the dex but we didn't get THAT much. TBH, I'd absolutely love if GW did a Iconograpy of the Astartes book like they did for the Empire in WHFB. You know tons of people would eat that **** up.

But then, I always have to remind myself that GW doesn't seem to be making some products that I think would sell like the dickens (shirts, posters, etc.). Really hoping Black Library picks up the slack in that dept.

person person
04-03-2010, 04:40 PM
The caution stripes with the yellow helmets is awesome. Freehand's very nice too.

therealjohnny5
04-03-2010, 06:19 PM
i was totally eyeballing that same model for a Corax primarch for my RG....haven't figured how to reposition the arms appropriately though...

Duke
04-03-2010, 07:07 PM
Yea there isn't much reposistionig you can do on that model. But he is about "primarch" size or bigger.

I'm almost finished with my first librarian, I'll post him in an hour or so.

About the hazard stripes: a frined of mine likes doing those with micron pen, but I don't like how shiney it makes things, good old fashoined slow-steady hand painting is the way to go... But geting them all parallel is a beast, lol.

lobster-overlord
04-03-2010, 08:49 PM
Nice work there Duke. I really like how the yellow turned out on the squad.

pgarfunkle
04-04-2010, 02:45 AM
They models look great, I'm really impressed how quickly you're got the squad built and painted. It takes me a week usually at least to do a full squad. The freehand designs on the roof of the vehicles are awesome, I'd like to do something similar but I'm not convinced about my freehand just yet. Need a bit more practice first. Looking forward to see how the librarian turns out.

bloodangel 83
04-04-2010, 07:48 AM
great look tact squad. nice job on the rhinos and land raider. Charlie

athanor
04-04-2010, 01:39 PM
Killer Tanks!

Duke
04-04-2010, 08:24 PM
here is my libby, WIP

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/Veahirin/IMG_0388.jpg

Termie Libby from Space Hulk

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/Veahirin/IMG_0389.jpg

pgarfunkle
04-05-2010, 02:34 AM
Very nice I'm looking forward to adding some librarians to my army with the new codex. I never really thought the had been worth it with the pdf. Although the unlimited range psychic hood was nice lol.

Duke
04-05-2010, 10:56 PM
Yea right now librarians seem to be the way to go. I am running two in rhinos with blood lance and unleash rage.

Duke

Duke
04-06-2010, 10:22 AM
Librarian... About 90% complete. Have to do some touching up and some detail work on the face, as well as retouch some parts.
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/Veahirin/DSC02958.jpg

Assault Squad, Finished the 1st, 2nd and 3rd steps of the armour, lots more to do with these guys, I have also done the 1st and 2nd stage of the yellow helms, the three in front have the 3rd stage done. I still have about 2 stages on the helms. Should be done by this weekend... Hopefully. Tonight Im going to do the 1st stages on the gold and the paper on the scrolls.

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/Veahirin/DSC02960.jpg

Thoughts and comments, as well as tips always welcome, another update later this week.

Duke

Noxx
04-06-2010, 04:21 PM
Lovely work, I'm sorely tempted to pick up a few more kits now so I can make some line troopers with the new parts - I get a big chunk of my student loan in a week so I might just. Couldn't really justify turning a unit of flying terminators into assault marines myself - my 40k budget is too small - but there can be no denying the results! Also intrigued that non of your men have jump packs? Gonna run them in rhinos instead I guess? Bah, I would too if I could afford it. I need a job...

Duke
04-06-2010, 05:16 PM
I have 30 jump pack guys already... So no need to make these guys jumppy too. Long story short, yes they will be in Rhinos.

By the Way, Im going to post this in its own thread... But I fixed the Blood Angels codex cover... LOOK!

Before (barf):
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/Veahirin/IMG_0414.jpg

After:

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/Veahirin/IMG_0413.jpg

Duke

person person
04-06-2010, 05:49 PM
Your cover looks cooler, gives a pretty good idea of Blood Angels: Bling, Bloodlust and Badassery! Who's bright idea was it to have most of the Blood Angels(including the commander) shooting instead of charging/in combat on the new codex anyways?

Nice bright colours on the marines too.

therealjohnny5
04-06-2010, 08:33 PM
loving it my man. I assume you spiral bound your dexes your self?

Noxx
04-07-2010, 07:02 AM
Spiralbound dex would probably be really useful, means you can like, leave the book open, rather than have to keep your thumb in the page.

Duke
04-08-2010, 11:36 AM
Yea I took the book down to kinkos (don't know the uk equivelent) and paid them $5 to laminate the new cover and spiral bind it together. I think I'm going to do the same thing with the small rulebook, but put tabs in it to show where certain sections are "vehicles" "shooting" etc. It helps a lot in tournies.

By the way, I should finish the gold on my assault squad today or tomorrow, so I'll post an update then.

therealjohnny5
04-08-2010, 06:13 PM
kinkos....you are a bloody genius....i'm so stealing this....

therealjohnny5
04-08-2010, 06:14 PM
aaaaand, want to email me that dope picture for the front of my BA dex?? eh? eh??

Duke
04-08-2010, 11:03 PM
Even better... You can get it in this months white dwarf. It is like the tenth page or so, just cut it out with a sharp razor.

therealjohnny5
04-09-2010, 11:46 AM
word...

Duke
04-11-2010, 01:04 PM
Ok, so I am bout 90% finished with my second squad. I need to do some writing in white like I did on the first squad, and touch up some details (and the yellow on the helm, imho). Also, I am going to order bases soon, so ignore those.

Here is the 10 man squad and a single of the Sgt's power weapon, Im happy with how it turned out.

Squad:

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/Veahirin/IMG_0440.jpg

Squad Sgt. Power weapon, profile:

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/Veahirin/IMG_0441.jpg

C AND C Welcome as always.

Duke

Duke
04-11-2010, 01:08 PM
Here are a few singles of the Sang Priest that will be attached to the second squad and the second Librarian. The Librarian was made entirely out of bitz I have left over! I was actually really happy with how he turned out, can't wait to paint him!

Sang Priest (85% complete) I like the white/ red look he has going on...

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/Veahirin/IMG_0442.jpg

Librarian 2: As said put together with bitz I had laying around. Im going to paint his mask pure white with the 'tear drop,' painted blood red.

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/Veahirin/IMG_0443.jpg

C and C welcome

Duke

lobster-overlord
04-11-2010, 01:08 PM
How are you layering the white on the Sang Preist?

John M.

Captainmiserable
04-11-2010, 01:11 PM
Damn, that is one nice squad. How did you do the white?

Duke
04-11-2010, 01:16 PM
Layering white:

1. Surprisingly the whole model was primed Black
2. White portions were painted in the GW base coat "Astronomicon grey,"
3. Washed the whole area in GW wash "Badab black"
4. Repainted the raised areas in "Astronomicon Grey."
5. Painted one layer on 1:1 "Astronomicon Grey," and "Skull White" (This step could be skipped if you really want to, it just gives the white something to build on that doesn't show as much as the straight Astro grey does.)
6. Painted 2-3 layers of slightly watered down white. If you skipped step 5 then don't water down the white too much or it will show through some.

done. Hope that helps.

person person
04-11-2010, 07:08 PM
The squad turned out awesome, the srg.'s sword almost looks like ripples in water.

Kit bash librarian is great, the open palm wins it.

Duke
04-11-2010, 07:54 PM
Ive been thinking of making a "blood lance," coming out of his hand... Depends on how silly it looks.

Funny you should say that about the power weapon... I wanted it to look like the bottom of a pool when you open your eyes under water on a sunny day.

Duke

Phairsto
04-11-2010, 09:05 PM
these guys are looking great! I really like the power-weapon effect. maybe do the librarian's teardrop like a gem (ruby, obviously)?

looking forward to seeing more!

Duke
04-11-2010, 11:21 PM
I have two comission pieces to do, but I'll most likely still have an update mid-week.

Duke

Forhekset
04-12-2010, 03:28 AM
Yeah, I thought that was really peculiar. I was expecting a lot of iconography/art in the dex but we didn't get THAT much. TBH, I'd absolutely love if GW did a Iconograpy of the Astartes book like they did for the Empire in WHFB. You know tons of people would eat that **** up.

But then, I always have to remind myself that GW doesn't seem to be making some products that I think would sell like the dickens (shirts, posters, etc.). Really hoping Black Library picks up the slack in that dept.

Never heard of Insignium Astartes?

It's on print to order at Black Library now.

-

Unreal models guy. I was wondering if it would look odd using the Sanguinary Guard legs for assault squads, but you used the torsos too and I didn't even notice! I'm still waiting for my huge batch of BA stuff to come though :(

Duke
04-12-2010, 08:54 AM
Wow, I didn't know that book existed, might have to check it out...

I like the sang guard box for regular assault marines, I originally had the same worries though.

Duke

Duke
04-13-2010, 09:21 AM
Ok, here is my second librarian. I am about 75% done with him. I obviously have to do the Force Weapon, Im not sure what colour to do it in... Normally I do blue power weapons, but with his blue armour I feel it might be too much, red perhaps? or Green?

I really like his white face, I just have to put some detail in his eyes, though I almost like the black holes for eyes look.

I have a lot of touching up to do and a lot of scroll work. Question is besides his blue armour, does he look like a "librarian" or should I put some more scrolls on him?

Without further ado:

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/Veahirin/IMG_0453.jpg

bloodangel 83
04-13-2010, 10:45 AM
nice looking BA army. i like the paint job you have done on all of the marines. i will use this to help do my new army of BA of then Assult on Black Reach marines ( 5 10 man sqauds to do some time this yr). do you have any pics of a wirlwind with reinfored armour? thank you and sorry about taking away from your post. Charlie

Duke
04-13-2010, 12:31 PM
Sadly, I don't have anything like that, actually the only whirlwind I have is a really old one based off the old rhino chasis, I'll most likely use it for terrain. Lol.

Duke
04-13-2010, 10:59 PM
Just a note: I have been getting a few questions about whether or not I will do a freehand comission for someone, the simple answer is yes. Simply pm me with what you have in mind and we can figure it out... Hope this helps everyone, and thanks for the vote of confidence!

Duke

Sparda
04-14-2010, 01:07 AM
Your colors look amazing and stick out quite well and especially the force swords, the water looking one is unlike any I've seen before, and for your librarian I think one of those librarian books under the left arm were the open palm had is of yours would make it look more librarian-ish.

wittdooley
04-14-2010, 05:13 AM
Never heard of Insignium Astartes?

It's on print to order at Black Library now.

-

Unreal models guy. I was wondering if it would look odd using the Sanguinary Guard legs for assault squads, but you used the torsos too and I didn't even notice! I'm still waiting for my huge batch of BA stuff to come though :(

No, I have that. I guess I meant more in the lines of more chapters and their unique Iconographies, as well as the the Imperial Guard.

Insignium Astartes is quite smurfy.

Duke
04-14-2010, 07:51 AM
Your colors look amazing and stick out quite well and especially the force swords, the water looking one is unlike any I've seen before, and for your librarian I think one of those librarian books under the left arm were the open palm had is of yours would make it look more librarian-ish.

you mean I should have it hanging from the arm? Or were you thinking about something else?

Duke

addamsfamily36
04-14-2010, 07:57 AM
I was about to make the same suggestion with the book. i think Sparda means to put a boo on his hip, where you might normally see a gun holster or something similar.

im not sure but the high elf mage kit has one or two books in it (not sure if they are open or closed though)

Duke
04-14-2010, 08:14 AM
Ok, I see what you mean. Ill put my feelers out there for that bit... I might even get lucky and have one in my own box.

Duke

addamsfamily36
04-14-2010, 08:27 AM
lol i love bits boxes

i was going through some stuff of mine yesterday and i found this :

1xheadless brother corbulo (i want his cup anyways)

4x head from the slannesh lord riding boob worm (the cool looking plumed one)

Duke
04-14-2010, 10:30 AM
Seriously, bitz boxes are like a miniature little Christmas. . . I have been tempted a few times to buy the warstore grab bag of bitz. I bet you would get some cool randomness stuff in there.

Like is said earlier, the libraian I just painted was made from left over bitz!

addamsfamily36
04-14-2010, 10:44 AM
christmas come early indeed! i just found dante!! i don't plan to use him but i like to have a model in case i choose to.
I do like the librarian a lot, i hate the gamesworkshop metal ones personally (excpet the character ones such as mephiston and the dark angels ones izakel or something like that)

did you use the rocket launcher arm for the out stretched hand? cause if you did ive done the same on a marine of mine whose grabbed a tyranid by the throat lol

Duke
04-14-2010, 10:48 AM
Yes, the hand is from the rocket launcher guy... The hand I also like (which I used on my first librarian in This thread) was an open hand from the sanghinary guard box.

addamsfamily36
04-14-2010, 11:11 AM
Ooo, i will look forward to conversion ideas once ive brought my boxes of sanguinary guard. (student and have no money at the moment :mad: )

Duke
04-14-2010, 11:29 PM
Ok so this librarian is 95% done (besides the base) I have to do some extreme details and some touching up on some "oops," spots, but here he is, C and C welcome.

PS- the lighting is bad on these pics... I was too lazy to get out my actual camera so I took this on my phone, but you'll get the idea.

PPS- I also just noticed that I don't like the way the purity seal cloth/paper came out, I will likely redo that. :(

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/Veahirin/IMG_0459.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/Veahirin/IMG_0458.jpg

Duke

addamsfamily36
04-14-2010, 11:43 PM
good stuff, i didn't notice the white text on the armor before nice touch. im glad you posted some new pictures as im liking this thread at the moment.

Duke
04-14-2010, 11:54 PM
Glad you like it, I really like posting stuff when people reply... Lol. I think I'll take a "family pic." of the army so far tomorrow while I get ready to go game. I have a lot more to do, so expect that I'll keep posting updates farily regularly.

Next in line will either be sanguinor or another 10 man squad... Decisions decisions, any votes?

Duke

Snyderson
04-15-2010, 02:56 AM
I really like how this guy turns out!
IIRC you talked beforehand that maybe you should add a tome or scrolls, maybe I got an idea for you (but I'm not sure if it can be done).
Could it be possible to model an opened tome flying in front on him? Maybe on a thin flying stand?!
Or fielding a WHFB homunculus with him...?

Well just some ideas... :)

addamsfamily36
04-15-2010, 04:14 AM
oooo erm go with the sanguinor.

in a few months time im hoping to get my revamp on my blood angels on the way. once i do ill get a few posts going and send you some links duke for you imput.

Duke
04-15-2010, 10:46 AM
I really like how this guy turns out!
IIRC you talked beforehand that maybe you should add a tome or scrolls, maybe I got an idea for you (but I'm not sure if it can be done).
Could it be possible to model an opened tome flying in front on him? Maybe on a thin flying stand?!
Or fielding a WHFB homunculus with him...?

Well just some ideas... :)

That is a really cool idea! Now I only have to find an open book bit, I looked at the war store and could find anything. I did model a familiar to go with him, I'll post that pic tonight.

addamsfamily36
04-15-2010, 04:42 PM
http://www.bitzbox.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=21_283_284_236&products_id=4824

http://www.bitzbox.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=21_283_284_117&products_id=1531

unfortunetly both out of stock at the moment, but wait awhile or try else where and i think these could work.

addamsfamily36
04-15-2010, 04:45 PM
oo found you some:

http://bitsandkits.co.uk/shop/article_RW21/Ravenwing-Large-Book-Icon.html?shop_param=cid%3D33%26aid%3DRW21%26

count find the other one

Duke
04-15-2010, 10:15 PM
Cool, found it on War store too... Ill order it when I order my bases later this month, thanks for the find.

Duke

wittdooley
04-15-2010, 10:44 PM
Duke, are you in the US? Or elsewhere? I can just send you that bit. Don't buy it.

Duke
04-16-2010, 07:31 AM
I am in the US, but I already ordered the bit... I couldn't wait, lol. Thanks for the offer buddy I could have save 6 bucks! lol

As an update note, I am almost finished with my two commissions, so Ill have an update tomorrow or so, I am still debating whether to do Sanguinor, or another 10 man squad.

Duke

Duke
04-18-2010, 11:03 PM
I actually changed my mind and bought a termie chaplain to paint up (cause that model is awesome sauce)! I'll postsome wip pics tomorrow morning. Oh and I also started on my second 10 man squad, lastly I got that book and will convert it up this week too.

Duke

addamsfamily36
04-19-2010, 04:10 AM
I actually changed my mind and bought a termie chaplain to paint up (cause that model is awesome sauce)!

Lol thats the trouble, too many loverly models to buy and paint :)

Duke
04-19-2010, 08:32 AM
Yes, too true... Hard to stay on task and get ready for BoLS con, lol

Anyhow here is an update of that Chaplain WIP.

Stages done:
- Red BAse coat on shoulder pad.
- Black base coat (Adeptus Battlegrey) and two washes of Badab black.
- Scorched brown on all the "Bleached bone and Gold parts
- First stage of BLeached bone and gold

Things that need to be done (LOTS!)
- Ssecond and third layers on all colours
- HIghlighting/ blending.

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/Veahirin/IMG_0503.jpg

Ill post him up when I finish, probably Tuesday... Other updates before that though, so keep an eye open.

Duke

PS - I realize that it isn't the best picture ever... I need to find my actual digital camera and stop using my phone... Ill make sure to do that for the final pic.

person person
04-19-2010, 07:22 PM
Mmm, the Terminator Chaplain model is amazing.

Cant wait to see the Chap painted up!

Duke
04-20-2010, 09:59 AM
Ok, stage 2 done on the Chappie... Disclosures: I am really getting sick of having to take pics on my phone, I really want to find my camera because I don't feel that the phone camera does any kind of justice... Oh well, ill let you all see it anyway, just for the sake of an update (ill take a real pic when I can find my MIA camera.

Things still to do.
- touch up highlighting.
-fix any oops mistakes
- put writing on all the scrolls and such
- some small amount of white scroll work on his armour
- highlight the gold so it 'blings,' more

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/Veahirin/IMG_0508.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/Veahirin/IMG_0507.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/Veahirin/IMG_0506.jpg

Duke

addamsfamily36
04-20-2010, 10:02 AM
Looking SWEET!!!

Duke
04-20-2010, 12:09 PM
Thanks, I like it when people reply! Lol. I am also working on my second 10 man squad and attatched sang priest... I'm suprised by how many apothicaries I had laying around (3)

c and c always welcome.

addamsfamily36
04-20-2010, 01:15 PM
lol this is the only thread that hasn't got loads of arguments, so i like it lol. also liking the work on one of my favourite armies.

few points:

it may be because your using a camera phone, but i would love to see a wash on the skull and then re-highlighted up. Just to give it a bit more depth.

other than that loving it, i really like the black, highlighted very well.

Tynskel
04-20-2010, 01:53 PM
you should drill out the storm bolter barrels. I started to do that with all of my marines--- makes a world of a difference.

Duke
04-20-2010, 07:21 PM
lol this is the only thread that hasn't got loads of arguments, so i like it lol. also liking the work on one of my favourite armies.

few points:

it may be because your using a camera phone, but i would love to see a wash on the skull and then re-highlighted up. Just to give it a bit more depth.

other than that loving it, i really like the black, highlighted very well.

I haven't done the skull yet, because I wanted to get the eyes done first, and from my experience you don't want to have a beautiful helm only to screw it up by "oopsing" on the eyes, lol. But I will do that tonight, as well as some of the other things I mentioned.

you should drill out the storm bolter barrels. I started to do that with all of my marines--- makes a world of a difference.

100% agreed! Especially on this model where the storm bolter is so prominent! My dremmel is downstairs and Im too lazy to go get it, lol... eventually.

More updates tonight or tomorrow on the Chappie.

Duke

Tynskel
04-20-2010, 08:08 PM
awesome libby--- and I usually despise the all blue libby!

Duke
04-20-2010, 11:10 PM
Thanks, I agree about the all blue Libby thing... What I have found is that If I do white scroll work on the blue armour then it looks a lot better.

I think I'm about 90% done with my chappie, pic posting in the morning.

Duke

Duke
04-21-2010, 07:42 AM
Ok here is the chaplain. I am done, except for some minor touch ups and basing. Please let me know if I missed something so I don't put the model away with a glaring mistake.

Here are two shots, one with flash and one without...oh, and I FOUND MY CAMERA! WOOT/ NERD-RAGE-EXCITMENT!

FLASH
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/Veahirin/DSC02969.jpg

NO FLASH
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/Veahirin/DSC02968.jpg

Duke

addamsfamily36
04-21-2010, 08:57 AM
NICE! yup loving the shading on the skull makes the model for me

person person
04-21-2010, 11:49 PM
Lookin' ace!

Duke
04-22-2010, 08:39 AM
So the army is coming along so far, I just ordered two BAAL Predators.
Things I have left to paint for my 2k list.

- 10 man assault squad (Started)
- 4 Sanguinary Priests
- 2 x 5 man assault squads
- 2 Baal Predators
- 2 Auto Cannon/ Las Cannon sponson preds
- Librarian Furioso Dread or Dakka Pred.

I am going to need to do some freehand on the Predators, does anyone have any suggestions about what symbols/ images I should paint on them? Look at the first few pages (Page 2 I think) in this thread to see what I mean.

Thanks guys, as always I appreciate conversation and C/C

Duke

Snyderson
04-22-2010, 09:03 AM
- 2 Auto Cannon/ Las Cannon sponson preds

Really? I'm a bit puzzled about those. I really don't like lasers on a pred, maybe turret twin linked-laser and hvy bolters - you can than choose to move 12" and still have a twin linked tank killer or slow down to mow down infantry. but the other laser combination normally do not fit my playstyle and I think they are far to expensive. I normally take a vindi instead - or better 2 vindis... :>
Or have you got any intriguing plans I cannot think of? :)

Greetz,
Sny

P.S.: Any updates on the libby? ;)

Duke
04-22-2010, 01:16 PM
Really? I'm a bit puzzled about those. I really don't like lasers on a pred, maybe turret twin linked-laser and hvy bolters - you can than choose to move 12" and still have a twin linked tank killer or slow down to mow down infantry. but the other laser combination normally do not fit my playstyle and I think they are far to expensive. I normally take a vindi instead - or better 2 vindis... :>
Or have you got any intriguing plans I cannot think of? :)

Greetz,
Sny

P.S.: Any updates on the libby? ;)

No super crazy tactics with the preds... Simply put they are ther for anti light armour and secondary heavy armour. I have only played two games with them but I have found they work really well for punching rhinos and chimeras. Which my list has a hard time doing. They are only 135 points, so not too expnsive. I haven't been impressed with vindis simply bcayse of how much cover is in the game now. Also, vindis haven't been that great vs heavy armour and tend to scatter off light armour. But that is all just my opinion/ playstyle. I might put one vindi in the list, well see. I would be happy to hear your thoughts.

As far as the Libby, I will be working on him tonight and tomorrow to finish him off... Especially since some nice guys at my flgs gave me some great bitz.

Duke

synack
04-22-2010, 11:07 PM
Vindi's are greating for whiping out large groups of T4 nastyness with multiple wounds, like Shrikes/Warriors... I know, I play Nids :(

Duke
04-23-2010, 11:34 AM
True, I know that vindis have a place, but every time I used one cover needed it... Righ now I have an extra 167 points in my 2k list, with a heavy support slot open. I may test with a single vindi again.

A side note:
I got a game in last night vs black and white dark angels... It was a great game and the ba came out on top.

Things that worked: Baal pred with flamestorm. Sang priests bubbles in every squad, librarians in rhinos.

Things that were ok: auto cannon/sponson las preds (mostly bad rolling and no good targets till late game). Librarian furioso dread with wings and unleash rage, took out a whole termie squad, chinfist got him. He would have been great if he didn't get charged by 2 termie squads with chanfists and a interrogator chaplain!

Things that didn't work: heavy bolters on razorbacks, more bad rolling there, an so many meltas mention I only had a ten or two of shooting before, stunned and weapon destroyed made them useless.

Closng thoughts: change out dread for vindicator and maybe squeeze in a single attack bike/speeder.

Duke.

Duke
04-24-2010, 10:25 PM
FYI: tomorrow I will have an update.

Duke
04-25-2010, 11:18 PM
So I had a funny idea for a list at 2k... I know it has nothing to do with painting, but whatever... I'm a bols rebel.

This list is suposed to represent a squad of scouts who are almost wiped out but have Dante and Shia crew come in at the last second.

Assault squad:
-10 men: flamer, melta gun, power fist, jump packs

assault squad: same

Assault squad: same

3 sang priests: jump packs, power weapons

1 sang priest: jump packs, power wepons

sang guard: powerfist, 2x infernus pistol

death company
-5 guys, jump packs, power weapon, lemartes

scout squad: 5 men missles and sniper

Dante (joins sang guard for some tank hunting on deepstrike)

I have all the models for this just wanted to know if it would be worth re-painting all of them?

Duke
04-26-2010, 06:28 PM
Ok, so here is an update for y'all.

Currently I am working on another Non-jumpack 10 man squad with a Sang Priest. I am also doing some conversion work on the Librarian with the white mask.

Without further ado:

Chapter banner 100% freehand. (None of that sanguniary guard banner crud!)

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/Veahirin/DSC02972.jpg

Assault Squad, all hazard stripes are free hand with brushes (not pen) also, all the 'decorations on the jumps packs are made from green-stuff (none of that Death Company stuff!)

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/Veahirin/DSC02976.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/Veahirin/DSC02978.jpg

C AND C ALWAYS WELCOME

DUKE

person person
04-26-2010, 09:43 PM
Amazing detail work, the hazard stripes look great with the heads and red, then the green Blood drops add a nice contrast!

Duke
04-26-2010, 11:31 PM
Thanks, the hazard stripes were kinda fun to do, too bad it took me until half the squad was done to get the idea.

Also, I am working on the librarian and will have an update for him tomorrow morning (mountain standard time). I added a floating book and a familiar. Some detail stuff still to do.

Duke

Duke
04-27-2010, 09:25 AM
Ok, so here is the Librarian finished... (I think)...

About the book:
-Pinned it to his palm (Obviously)
- It is from the HIgh Elf Dragon Mage Sprue.

Other than that not much added, just some details cleaned up. Im not super happy with the pics but they get the point across... Oh and I forgot to put a Badab black wash on the back of his head. Ill do that after I post these pics.

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/Veahirin/DSC02982.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/Veahirin/DSC02984.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/Veahirin/DSC02986.jpg

Book Detail:

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/Veahirin/DSC02987.jpg

C and C welcome,

Duke

PS- not sure why it isn't showing my pics... I checked everything and it seems to be fine. Ill try to fix it later. The weird thing is that it was there a minute ago and now its is gone.)

Duke
04-27-2010, 10:18 AM
Tried to repost... Nothing worked...GRRR

AirHorse
04-27-2010, 10:46 AM
I can see em fine :) and Im liking what I see!!! Really impressive work across your entire force, you put my painting to shame! :D

addamsfamily36
04-27-2010, 11:57 AM
Yes to the floating book. you found a piece then? (well obviously you did as its on the model but you know what i mean.

FaultyVoodoo
04-27-2010, 05:05 PM
How do you do your Hazard striping? It's fantastic!

Duke
04-27-2010, 07:22 PM
@Airhorse: Thanks Mate, always good to hear positive comments.

@Addams: Yes, it was from the High Elf Dragon, I had to cut off the arm and actually make the binding of the book look like there wasnt ever a hand on it. I like how it came out.

@Faulty: I draw the initial stripes like this " / / " with a micron pen, then paint in the rest... I don't do the whole thing in pen because it reflects way too much. More updates soon.

Duke

Snyderson
04-29-2010, 04:36 AM
Duke, you really do honor the BAs with your artificer skills! Kudos to you!

And you better don't pay a visit to germany, or i might get tempted locking you in my cellar to paint my army... jawohl! ;)

Greetz,
Sny

Duke
04-29-2010, 12:22 PM
Wait wait wait, locked in a basement in gemany and painting blood angels non-stop... Sounds like a vacation to me, just let me out in Oktober and again in february.

Duke Von-celje.

addamsfamily36
04-29-2010, 03:35 PM
i wanted to suggest that book, but sondered how you would deal with the arm. the answer: BRILLIANTLY!

Duke
04-30-2010, 10:47 AM
Yea I was actually suprised how easy it was to make look decent. It is amazing what can be done with some clippers a file and some greenstuff.

Right now I'm working on my second ten man squad... Once I put the gold all the way on I'll be ready to hit the whole thing with some gryphon sepia.

Also, I pick up my two Baal preds today, so lots of assembeling to do... And also have to decide if I like the flamestorm or the assaut cannon better.

addamsfamily36
05-01-2010, 05:21 AM
Can't wait to see the next squad :)

As for the Flamestorm or the assault cannon, could you magnetize them?

Duke
05-01-2010, 10:52 AM
So I picked up my preds last night, sadly I was informed that they were in by one of the worst texts a guy could recieved from a friend, "dude, I have you balls." the sad thing is that my junk was in his trunk. Anyhow, I will likely magnatize the weps and turrets, though I don't think it is worth it to put sponsons on the flestorm version.

Duke

ps: pics coming this afternoon of my next wip squad... Have to charge camera first!

Duke
05-02-2010, 11:08 PM
Quick update: tried to take some pics tonight but my camera was bein stupid... All my pictures were blurry, mostly due to reflected light... Anyone have a good picture tutorial? I'll tak some tomorrow when I have better daylight.

Duke

lobster-overlord
05-03-2010, 06:04 AM
My camera has a "close up" setting which allows you to take nice pics of small stuff, but you still have to be at least 28 inches away. I would suggest getting about 2 to 3 feet away from the models and use the zoom rather than trying to be up close to the figures if you have a regular setting but no close up setting that allows you to be closer.

Also, for lighting, if you have a work lamp, aim it at the highlight side of the model (CFLs are better if you have one to put in it).

I'm not a pro at it, but this gives me decent results.

John M.

Duke
05-03-2010, 07:39 AM
The things your talking about are pretty much what I do. I think it is the new "Ott LIght" that I bought. My camera has a close up setting that I usually use but last night it wasn't giving me anything worth posting. Ill try again in a few minutes.

Duke

Duke
05-03-2010, 07:53 AM
Ok, so here is a decent picture... Took me a while but it looks good enough to post.

Things still to do:
- Highlights on all colours
- Gem work
- Eye work
- scroll work (White) on the armour
- scroll work (black) on Purity seals
- touch ups
- bases
- Misc stuff.

Here it is. C and C always welcome. Also, Im still deciding what to do after this squad option are
- Sanguinor
- another 5 man squad
- Baal Preds (2)
- Las cannon/ Autocannon Preds
- Vindicator

Im taking votes as always

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/Veahirin/DSC03078.jpg

Duke

person person
05-04-2010, 08:26 PM
Hmm... I think you should paint up some vehicles next.

The squad looks fantastic, love the sergeant double winged shoulder pads are sick.

Duke
05-04-2010, 11:07 PM
I think your right... I'm getting a little tired of troops. I just assembled a Baal pred and I think I will do that.

I agree that those pads look cool. At first o was a little worried that it would be too much bling but then I thought "they are blood angels! Bling is the name of the game."

I'm thinking of usig the masters of the chapter models for my honour guard, only thing is they aren't wearing helms so no gold-pimp-hats.

Duke

Snyderson
05-05-2010, 01:57 AM
Maybe you should go for the vindicator or at least assemble it and do some play testing with it.
I know it is expensive, but a 36" threat range (fast 12" + demolisher 24") with that 5" pie template is a force to be reckoned with... :)

But on the other hand the new all plastic baals are nice aswell... :rolleyes:

Greetz,
Sny

Duke
05-05-2010, 08:55 AM
Yea, I did proxy a one vindi and a two vindi list. I found that they are great threats, but they don't perform as much as you would think. Mostly this is due to two reasons

1. The guys in my group are pretty good so they immobilse/destroy/ weapon destroy it as soon as possible and then leave it alone

2. Cover is everywhere! I exploded a rhino with a multi-melta shot and then placed the pie-plate on the guys and they all went to ground for a 3+ cover save (4+ crater from the explosion and +1 for going to ground). I only killed 3 guys!

Right now I have my list with 2 Las/ AC preds and one Vindicator Ill give it another run in a week or so.

I am also looking at what kinds of symbols I could freehand on the tops of my Baals (lol). If anyone has any ideas let me know

Duke

P.S. is it just me or do these "Baals" jokes never get old?

Duke
05-06-2010, 12:00 AM
FYI: I will be traveling this weekend so no pic updates till Tuesday. However if you just want to post/ask questions or make comments (especially if they concern how I should paint my baals) feel free. I'll be checking the thread while I'm gone (woot for smart phones!)

FastEd
05-06-2010, 04:27 AM
P.S. is it just me or do these "Baals" jokes never get old?

The answer to that would be "no." Also, did you hear? It's not a Blood Angels flanking maneuver until Baals touch.

Thanks folks, I'll be here all week. Shows are at 7 and 9, they're different, watch 'em both. Make sure to tip your waitress. I recommend the NY cut steak, it has a higher profit margin.

Duke
05-11-2010, 07:54 AM
Ok, Im back from vacation and Ill have an update tonight.

Duke
05-18-2010, 04:34 PM
I know it has been a little bit since my last update, but here it is.

WIP predator. (Should I do battle damage on my tanks??

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/Veahirin/IMG_0691.jpg

person person
05-18-2010, 06:26 PM
Beauty, all I'd do for battle damage is just a little chipping.

What are you gonna write in the scroll?

Duke
05-19-2010, 09:13 AM
I wrote "Invictus,"

Also something I was thinking about:
on page one of this thread I took a pic of my other freehand tanks... If you look at the one with the yellow "X" and a skull on you can see that I painted the yellow in the depression areas of the Chasis armour.

What I was thinking was this - Since Blood Angel Dev Squads paint their helmets blue, should I paint that same depression area on my predators blue? Or no?

Duke

C and C always welcome.

(Actually in the picture above you can actually see the 'yellow depression area," on the picture above of the predator. Look at the tanke up and to the left of the predator to see what I mean. The predator would be the same, but Blue.)

Fizzics
05-19-2010, 11:12 AM
All of the vehicals look great. Wish I could do free hand work that well.

Keep up the good work.

HellCrusader
05-20-2010, 02:13 PM
I think the yellow/blue area idea's good... If you do it, post pics so i can see what it looks like before i do the same to mine...
Love the freehand stuff by the way.

Duke
05-21-2010, 10:52 PM
I will post a pic for sure. I haven't been able to do an update cause Ive been super busy this week! And also started a Mordheim campaign (great fun!). Anyhow, Ill have some updates tomorrow/ Sunday so stay tuned!

Duke

Duke
05-23-2010, 04:30 PM
So I finished the next stage in my Predator (Extreme highlights). I still have some detail work to do and I am thinking very seriously about doing battle damage. Also, the front plate will eventually be replaced by a Forgeworld plate. Anyhow, thoughts and comments welcome... Also any input on if I should do weathering/ battle damage?

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/Veahirin/IMG_0693.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/Veahirin/IMG_0694.jpg

Duke

Phairsto
05-23-2010, 05:05 PM
awesome vehicle work, as always :)

Duke
05-23-2010, 10:51 PM
Thanks, I had to do some Armour to get the excitement back into the army... I was getting a bit burned out on infantry, and if I have learned one thig it is to not paint when you don't fel like painting!

Duke

ps: I did some basic weathering tonight, I'll try to post a pic of it tomorrow

Herald of Nurgle
05-24-2010, 11:23 AM
Wow.

Always Bet on Duke... to paint awesome models.

Duke
05-24-2010, 10:51 PM
Thanks for the compliment mate! I really need a tutorial on how to take better pictures though. I don't know if you all can see it but I really like the Blazing Orange highlights on the armour, but the pic doesn't show it at all! Oh well.

As an update, I have done some weathering on the treads and lower part of the vehicle, as well as some exhaust stains on the exhaust towers, ill take a pic of it in the morning when I have better light (not that it matters much with my pic taking skills).

Duke

Duke
05-25-2010, 09:27 PM
Things updated:
- Cleanups
- Small angel wings on Sponsons
- numbering "1"
- Scroll work on armor (white)
- Purity seals and scroll work on them
- "Mud," on bottom of chassis
- exhaust marks

If you see anything that I should add (The front plate will eventually be replaced by a Forgeworld one) let me know.

Without further ado
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/Veahirin/IMG_0695.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/Veahirin/IMG_0696.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/Veahirin/IMG_0697.jpg

As always C and C welcome.

Duke

Noxx
05-26-2010, 05:54 AM
The mud and the dirt around the exhausts looks really nice, gj

HellCrusader
05-26-2010, 12:38 PM
Yeah, it looked too clean before...
I was wondering whether you'd done yellow bits on baals( i'm sort of assuming you have some, if not, ignore).

Duke
05-26-2010, 03:50 PM
I was wondering whether you'd done yellow bits on baals( i'm sort of assuming you have some, if not, ignore).

I get the too clean part, but after that I'm not quite sure what you meant there... Care to elaborate?

Duke

lobster-overlord
05-26-2010, 06:40 PM

Dude, if you have yellow on your Baals, then you've got some problems...

Seriously, Duke, nice work on the tanks. Hope you don't mind me stealing some of your ideas :-)

John M>Do the Blue Angels drive Blue Baals?

Duke
05-27-2010, 10:31 AM
Seriously, yellow baals are a very bad thing!

Feel free to"copy" my ideas.

I plan on putting blue on my baal just like I did with this prdator, that way I can always have blue baals.

HellCrusader
05-27-2010, 10:37 AM
Yeah i meant like on the pred but with yellow rather than blue as they're fast attack...might look dodgy but i was just wondering/thinking aloud

Duke
05-27-2010, 11:42 AM
I was actually thinking of doing blue and yellow stripes to show that they are heavy and fast... We will see though. I have done yellow already on one of my transports that an assault squad rides in.

Duke

HellCrusader
05-27-2010, 12:21 PM
Interesting...keep us posted

Duke
05-27-2010, 12:25 PM
Double post, woot!

Duke
07-22-2010, 01:57 PM
I am casting apotheosis on this thread, does anyone want me not to? pictures to follow if peeps want me to resurrect the thread

Duke (iPad brought me back from the dead!)

Cruor Vault
07-22-2010, 02:10 PM
Indeed, more picts are always welcome!

Duke
07-22-2010, 04:08 PM
OK, as requested... Here is the picture of my Army for the Event formerly known as BoLScon.

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/Veahirin/IMG_0581.jpg

Another angle

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/Veahirin/IMG_0580.jpg

Take note that these photos were taken on my phone... So whatev.

Ill take some close ups of the honour guard and such in a minute

Duke

Duke
07-22-2010, 04:16 PM
After all that talking about my Baals I don't think I actually showed them to anyone... Without further ado, I now will unveil them for your viewing pleasure!

The Blue and Yellow Checkers denote that the Baal Predator is half heavy support and half fast attack.

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/Veahirin/IMG_0574.jpg

Duke

OCdt Mephiston
07-22-2010, 05:12 PM
THE THREAD LIVES!!!

But seriously, always good to see your work Duke, even if its a bit pixelly ;)

Duke
07-22-2010, 08:38 PM
Im going to take the minis out again this weekend and use my actual camera (not my phone).

Also of note: I was going through my painting desk tonight and guess what I found? A complete box of Sanguinary guard!!! I was stoked! I should hide stuff from myself more often. I think I shall paint them up after the event formerly known as BoLScon

Duke

Snyderson
07-23-2010, 05:44 AM
That's what I call a COMEBACK!
Man, these minis look damn nice! :)

Duke
07-23-2010, 09:04 AM
OK, here is a close-up of my Honour Guard. Obviously the Storm Shields are from the Sanguinary Guard sprues... I think they actually turned out really cool. Can't wait to do my Honour guard with Lightning claws and Storm Shields!

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/Veahirin/DSC03253.jpg

Duke

energongoodie
07-23-2010, 09:49 AM
Absolutely lovin the storm shields. I am totally ripping that off.

Duke
07-23-2010, 01:20 PM
Feel free to use the idea ... Just make sure I get my street-cred.

Duke

OCdt Mephiston
07-23-2010, 02:36 PM
Those jump pack wings are expensive bitz to pillage... BUT IT LOOKS SOOOOO COOOOOOL!!!

Duke
07-23-2010, 04:38 PM
Right, but I used the models as assault marines (see page 1) hence, I have about 10 pair of extra wings lying about... The only minor suck is that since I used two right side wings I now have two left side wings that are semi-useless (like twilight movies).

Duke

OCdt Mephiston
07-23-2010, 05:38 PM
You could use them as... *ponders*... right handed storm shields? ;)

Duke
07-23-2010, 09:53 PM
Ummm... (Thinks of a reason why that wouldn't work)...No, cause all my Blood Angels are right handed... What a silly suggestion! (Pats himself on the back for successfully defending himself).

Duke

Duke
07-24-2010, 12:10 AM
So I finished my objectives and have room fir one more. Suggestions? Here is a list of current ones
- shrine
- Grail dropped
- chapter banner
- statue of sanguinius
- dead term on chair
- other?

I'll post proper pics tomorrow

Duke

Aldramelech
07-24-2010, 12:25 AM
Blood bank, femine hygine product dispenser, Girl in a 19th century nighty with a very low neck line, big sign that reads "Dont go in the Castle!", an Igor?

incenerate101
07-24-2010, 12:56 AM
From your group picture your entire army i was wondering if you had some death company? i admire your painting and really think you could do some badass stuff with thier back story/lore.

Duke
07-24-2010, 08:36 AM
Blood bank, femine hygine product dispenser, Girl in a 19th century nighty with a very low neck line, big sign that reads "Dont go in the Castle!", an Igor?

All very good ideas...does anyone know where I can get a tiny "Bella" model? Or I could make a sign that says "forks"

@incinerate: I do have some death company models, but I only use them when I roll red thirst for a unit. This way I can remember to roll for it and if a squad fails I tradde in a squad member for a death company model

Dukr

Aldramelech
07-24-2010, 11:06 AM
All very good ideas...does anyone know where I can get a tiny "Bella" model? Or I could make a sign that says "forks"

@incinerate: I do have some death company models, but I only use them when I roll red thirst for a unit. This way I can remember to roll for it and if a squad fails I tradde in a squad member for a death company model

Dukr

Mels just racked her pump action and is heading down the garden path..... FLEE;)

Duke
07-24-2010, 04:24 PM
To save myself from getting a buck-shot to the face I decided to not go with a "twilight" objective.

Hence, here are the five I actually did do. I decided to make my last one as a Sanguinary priest doing his "last stand... If I have time Ill go back in and dirty him up. Could be a good project to do while watching "Book of Eli"

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/Veahirin/DSC03259.jpg

Duke

Duke
07-24-2010, 06:14 PM
So I'm trying to think of ways I can differentiate my squads just by looking at them... My smaller squads are sabguinary priest models while my larger ones are death company... When looking at my two smaller squads I can tell which is which becuase only one squad has hazard stripes on their chainswords. I'm really tryingto find something similar to that so I can tell the difference between my big squads of death company models. Anyone have a suggestion?

Things I have thought about
- hazard stripes on one squad like I did on my smaller squads (this takes a long time)

- a denoting color on the bases for quick refrance (this makes the bases ugly though IMHO)

OCdt Mephiston
07-24-2010, 06:59 PM
Id go with the classic knee pad squad designation, simple, effective and in cannon

Duke
07-24-2010, 07:39 PM
Forgot to mention that I had thought of that... Problem is that kneepads are really hard to determine squad with (unless your models are life-scale and true kneepads are the size of my head!) it also would take a whole ton of time, which I don't have a lot of before bolscon...

Duke

Duke
07-25-2010, 08:24 PM
So now that I am done with this army Im thinking of what kind of Blood Angels list to do next.

Vote for your favourite and Ill build that army.

1. Landraiders-a-go-go
2. Sanguinary Guard/Dante/Sanguinor
3. All jump packs
4. Dreadnaught crazy-horse
5. Storm Ravens
6. Another "Balanced/competitive list"
7. Other?

I get a lot out of building/ painting stuff and getting feedback, so let me know what you all would like to see next.

Duke

OCdt Mephiston
07-25-2010, 10:05 PM
Seems like most of your ideas could all be boiled down to Battle Company type lists, so thats what I advise. Whether its a First Company type landraider list or a eighth all jump pack or Storm Raven list I would be stoked to see a fluffy list with character brought forth into the world by your skilled hands.

Duke
07-26-2010, 10:44 PM
So I think decided... My next army will be a death from above sanguinary guard army. I already started my first squad.

I'm going to use the wings, but I'm not going to use the jump pack cause I think it is hideous... The hard part is maki a regular backpack look good though.

Pics to come

Duke

Duke
07-27-2010, 11:34 PM
I just did something and I don't know why I didn't think of it before... I'm pinning on my smoke launchers so that after I use them I can simply take them off. I think it is a lot easier than magnets. If anyone wants pics I'll take a few thursday...before I head out to bolscon

Duke

MarneusCalgar
07-30-2010, 01:56 PM
Want to see that Sanguinary Guard... Sure it will be as impressive as their battle brothers you finished before

Duke
08-03-2010, 10:40 AM
So I went down to bolls con with my freehand and didn't come away with anything. In all honesty, I was a bit disappointed in the painting scores... I know that people shouldn't win tournaments based on painting scores, but here is an example of what I mean.

My final opponent, who was a great guy came with his army only primed and two whole squads weren't even based! That is right, naked plastic. Now as I said he was a great opponent at the end of a looooong weekend so I'm not trying to beat on him.

However, at the end of the game I asked him what he got on his painting scores and he said "20" while I only got a "23". I'm sorry, but the difference between not painted at all and freehand on every single thing along with some conversion/ kit bashing is not 3 points.

In now way did I expect to get "best appearance" the guy who got 1st had a beautiful tyranids army, but I thought I was in serious running for second (didn't get it). I know I have a lot of improving to do (especially on my conversions/greenstuff work) so maybe I'll get it next year... Long story short, bah on three points difference

Duke

Ps rant over. I'll start workx on my sang guard this week.

Lerra
08-03-2010, 11:27 AM
That's too bad Duke =(

The tricky thing with large cons is that there are usually multiple paint judges. The other guy may have had a very lenient judge, and you might have had a very harsh judge or someone who dislikes Blood Angels. Maybe the judge doesn't like freehand work on tanks. A friend at Adepticon had a beautifully painted Ork army but got tanked on painting because the judge disliked metallic paint. It's kind of a crap shoot, and sometimes you just get a judge who doesn't like your style.

Duke
08-03-2010, 12:34 PM
Good point, but from what i understand (and i could be wrong) there was only one painting judge who did it all over two days.

No matter what the score is, the players really loved the army. Everytime I turned around I had 3-4 people checking it out. That alone made all e hard work worth it.

Also, I was bummed jawaballs wasn't there. Apparently he does some cool freehand and I was looking forward to comparing notes.

Duke

lvyoda
08-03-2010, 02:54 PM
That's a real shame about your painting score......you deserve a way higher score than a primed army. That being said, I love your stuff. The freehand and the conversions are great. I look forward to seeing more.

Rick

Duke
08-03-2010, 03:18 PM
That's a real shame about your painting score......you deserve a way higher score than a primed army. That being said, I love your stuff. The freehand and the conversions are great. I look forward to seeing more.

Rick

Thanks, like I said I'm working on a sanguinary guard unit ATM... I should have a few stages of test model done today... We will see though.

Duke

cheesyfluff
08-04-2010, 02:33 AM
I wouldn't worry too much about painting scores mate. How many views does this thread get? How many comments do your models get? Maybe the guy with the unpainted army was friends with the judge? Sure it happens sometimes.

Snyderson
08-04-2010, 02:59 AM
Hey Duke!

Don't let this drag you down! Such 'soft scores' are always messed up and especially if they are based on a single opinion!

Cheer up! There's a lot of people following your stuff in here craving for updates! :)
We surely do appreciate your work!

Greetz,
Sny

bloodangel 83
08-04-2010, 05:58 AM
Duke, your army looks great and i like the free hand drawings on your tanks. i have one freehand drawing on a rhino that i will post pics of before i repaint my army on here sometime. Charlie

Duke
08-04-2010, 08:40 AM
::wipes away the tears::

Thanks for the support everyone, I do have some renewed vigor so without further ado... Here is stage one of my new sanguinary guard. The picture is with natural sunlight, so forgive the quality... Ill try to take a new one tonight.

This is my first attempt at NMM. LIke I said though it isn't anywhere near done, so keep that in mind.

As always C and C welcome. (Unless you give me a crap soft score! lol)

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/Veahirin/IMG_0643.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/Veahirin/IMG_0645.jpg

Duke

DrLove42
08-04-2010, 09:27 AM
Looks really good, great NMM as well, its really hard to do that well.

Is his face that pale or it just the sunlight bleaching him a bit?

MarneusCalgar
08-04-2010, 09:53 AM
I like so much the mask effect...

How did you achieve it??

Duke
08-04-2010, 10:37 AM
Notes on the "mask effect". (not to be confused with mass effect)

1.base coat black

2. Paint the entire face astronomic on grey
- make sure to water it down a little bit so you don't lose detail due to thick paints

3. Wash the mask in "asurmen blue"

4. Go in with a detail brush and paint tihe face in astronomic on grey again, leaving the extreme recesses blue wash

5. Go in with a fine detail brush and paint the high points (nose, cheeks, forehead, chin, etc.) in skull white.

5. Sit back and enjoy the awesomeness, alright!

Duke

MarneusCalgar
08-04-2010, 12:04 PM
Good, thanks for the mask "cooking"!!

IŽll try to aply that...

OCdt Mephiston
08-04-2010, 12:33 PM
Very pretty Sang Guard! The only comment I have is that I think that the NMM effect would look nice up the sword onto the "wing" part of the blade. Other than that the color scheme is as I said before, very pretty :D

Duke
08-04-2010, 03:51 PM
Thanks for the replies. I haven't done anything on the sword except to get rid of the black paint. In the end the wing on the sword will be red or gold (metallic gold). I think the power sword will look a lot like my other power swords (pg 2???)

I think this quad will be beautiful once finished.

Duke

Snyderson
08-05-2010, 02:27 AM
Will that blood drop on the mask stay that way or will you paint it red?

Sny

Duke
08-05-2010, 07:12 AM
Most likely i will paint it red, or some other colour i t wont stay like that

Duke

Shadow Queen
08-05-2010, 02:15 PM
Nice BA's but I think a red libby would be better with a blue pad.

Duke
08-05-2010, 02:31 PM
Thanks for the comment SQ but I'm not sure I understand what you mean exactly... Perhaps you could clarify?

Duke

Also tonight I should have another update on my new sanguinary guard

Duke
08-05-2010, 05:51 PM
Oh, so I forgot to mention that if anyone cares I got 10th in the Consolation bracket... I know its like 10th among the losers, but when there are something like 150 people at the tourney that means I got about 30-something overall which puts me somewhere near the top 20%... Not too bad I think, especially since I havent been to a tournie (not even local ones) since 3rd ed with my Blood Angels rhino rush.

Duke

incenerate101
08-06-2010, 12:48 AM
Duke i'm begging you for some painting tips!!! My work is medicore at best. If you can find it in your heart can you post or send me some tips and tricks? pwease!?!

Duke
08-06-2010, 08:27 AM
Sure, Im always happy to share the love... and stuff. What is it you wanted to know? Or did you just want general tips?

Duke

Duke
08-06-2010, 08:37 AM
Update on my NMM sang guard guy... I may be good at painting, but I suck at taking pics! lol... C and C welcome. I think IM going to repaint the INfernus pistol cause it isn't NMM.

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/Veahirin/IMG_0648.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/Veahirin/IMG_0646.jpg

Duke

Duke
08-06-2010, 08:39 AM
double post, Woot!

Shadow Queen
08-06-2010, 10:11 AM
I ment, a red libby would fit in better with your army than a blue one.

Christian
08-06-2010, 10:20 AM
Great Jobs on those models Duke.
I have a question: Same as you im doing my Sang. Guard (same counts for the rest of my army) in NMM. Did you use a yellow wash on them to make them gold and shiny, or just Gloss Varnish or nothing?
Thanks ahead for your respond.

Christian

Duke
08-06-2010, 10:31 AM
@sq: I did the librarian in blue because blue is the color all librarians wear. Just like all chaplains wear black and apothicaries wear white... If you can see, I did do his shoulder in red to denote his "blood angel" status.

@ Christian: I made my NMM by this process:
1. Black primer
2. Brush whole area in astronomicon grey.
3. Wash in gryphon sepia
4. Wash again in sepia
5. Build up to bleached bone highlights
6. Put bleached bone onthe extreme edges
(if you wanted to you could skip step 5)

Hope this helps, send me some pics an I can admire them!

Duke

Shadow Queen
08-07-2010, 09:47 AM
http://derina-ironhandsandmorethings.blogspot.com/2010/05/iron-hands-libby.html

here is mine I made from bits and bobs.

incenerate101
08-08-2010, 01:57 AM
Mostly Duke Im having trouble with Vehicles, Troop faces ( skin, hair, and animal fur ), but general tips are nice to :)

Duke
08-08-2010, 09:31 AM
Ill try and do my best giving advice...'ere we go.

Rule#1: buy your paints together and have a plan. Don't just say "my tanks are going to be red," what is the basecoat?shading/wash? What is the hilight color?

for example: my blood angels: base coat macharite red, color blood red, wash thraka green, hilight blazing orange.

Vechiles: I recently used my friends spray gun and it was amazing! It painted evereything evenly and was ultra quick. If you don't have the funds or the ability to get one then do this.
- paint the entire vehicle, yes the entire vechile , in the base coat.
- water down your paints a little and do several thin layers of your main color (after base coat)instead of one thick layer that ruins details.
- wash thie low areas in your shading colour. These areas should be the obvious places. Also if your doing things with rivets put a small dab of wash on the rivets to help them pop out. Also shade where armor joints of the vehicles join (around the rectangular exhaust towers on the sides of the rhinos.
- touch up with your main Olof in the places where wash got out of control and bled into areas you didn't want it to go,
- take a fine detail brush and higlight the edges of the armor plating. At first do all of the edges, as you get the hang of it you'll get a feelingn for a "light source" and can then highlight only a certain angle
- detail work like freehand is another thing after all that.

More Later

Duke

incenerate101
08-08-2010, 03:25 PM
Duke you are the man. I guess im investing in a spray gun Lol. Looking forward to reading what else you got.

Duke
08-09-2010, 09:30 AM
Skin:

First off, ill disclose that i am not the greatest at skin effects. But here is hoe I do faces

- dwarf flesh on the whole face.
- wash in leviathan purple.
- repaint dwarf flesh on the raised arras, leaving purple inn the cracks.
- take elf flesh and highlight

For the eyes
- take a fine detail brush and paint the whole eye white.
- take another fine detail brush and paint one dot in the middle, make sure your "eye" is looking in the same direct. As your other one so you don't have a cross eyed space marine

Mkre Later

Duke

Ps sorry for typos... My auto spell has a life of its own and I'm too lazy to fix it.

Duke
08-09-2010, 08:41 PM
Animal fur...

Well I only do animal fur when it is a pelt on a marine or other such model. But actually animal fur is quite easy.

1. Drybrush method.
- ba coat in the darker colour (scorched brown)
- dry brush the lighter color (vermin brown)
- wash in Declan mud
- dry brush again in vermin brown once wash is dry

Yup, that is it! Good fur easy to go.

Duke

Ps I haven't done much painting the last few days because my mother is visiting this week... And I got star craft 2... And my firm is having an audit... Not sure which one is more hurtful to painting.

MarneusCalgar
08-10-2010, 07:37 AM
Thanks Duke!!

Duke
08-10-2010, 02:14 PM
No prob bob!

Here is an update on the new way I am doing sanguinary guard wings... (I know I haven't painted/ cleaned the GS yet...Ill do that tonight.)

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/Veahirin/IMG_0655.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/Veahirin/IMG_0657.jpg

Duke
08-10-2010, 02:16 PM
That conversion was based off an old mephiston conversion I did a while back, it looks cool and is super easy!

1. Cut off the exhaust pipes on a back pack
2. "Square off" the part that connects to the back so it fits
3. put GS in-between the two pieces to fill gaps
4. glue on at desired angle.
5. be awesome!

Duke

bloodangel 83
08-11-2010, 09:37 AM
Looks great Duke, what is your pt value for your BA's so far. Which company are your Angels, i'm working on Second Company for my army will try to post pics of my on a different thread to show off my progress of getting 2nd done.

Duke
08-11-2010, 10:30 AM
Well, if I was to add up the total pts value for my angels I think it would be around 15000 points or so. But that is if you include all my non painted stuff as blood angels.

Right now the army i have been showing is 5th company... Though I freehanded the second company banner on one of my land raiders. I just like the black blood drop.... Plus the 5th company has a great nickname

Duke

bloodangel 83
08-11-2010, 11:08 AM
WOW 15000 pts. i have a squad compare to you. i only have 3900 pts. i like 5th comp. nickname too. i still have a few items to get to finish 2 nd comp. to complete the list in the codex as far as men go. 2 assault guys and 15 jumppacks, 20 dev and 1 pred. my army starts as Assault on Blackreach as the back bone. again great jod on your outstanding army.

Tynskel
08-11-2010, 11:36 AM
Well, if I was to add up the total pts value for my angels I think it would be around 15000 points or so. But that is if you include all my non painted stuff as blood angels.

Right now the army i have been showing is 5th company... Though I freehanded the second company banner on one of my land raiders. I just like the black blood drop.... Plus the 5th company has a great nickname

Duke

My blood angels variant chapter that I use is also 5th Co. No one ever talks about 5th Co--- They are not reserves, but a battle company! That's why I chose them (along with black trimming).

Duke
08-11-2010, 01:18 PM
Right, I saw the same thing, in the codex I don't think 5th company is even mentioned... Short of being included in the "list of companies". Odd thing is that though they are a battle company I never run a single tactical squad, lol.

I think im going to ask for some bits from some of my friends with daemon armies and put them on the basese. I'm also thinking about doing a diorama with daemons and 5th company guys... Well see if I do that or not.

Duke

Shadow Queen
08-12-2010, 09:03 AM
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/hs323.snc4/41409_1017517276_4519_n.jpg

how about this on one of your rhinos?

Duke
08-12-2010, 10:21 AM
That would be coolest on a storm raven, like the old ww2 planes

Duke

Shadow Queen
08-12-2010, 10:51 AM
Its on one of my friends picts on facebook.

bloodangel 83
08-12-2010, 02:53 PM
so we are going to put pin ups on warhammer models now. i like it

Duke
08-14-2010, 09:28 PM
Cant think of much that would be dolor than world war 2 paint jobs and 40 k models

Duke

Duke
08-16-2010, 11:28 PM
So I just noticed that I take crappy pictures, I should stop being lazy by just using my phone... Meh.

Duke

Duke
08-18-2010, 11:09 PM
A letter to my thread:

Dearest thread, I have not forgotten about you. I plan on visiting you with many pictures and gifts in a very quick manner. Please forgive me when I say that I have been very busy lately and have only painted two Sanguinary guard models. I will have something worth posting in the nest few days.

Best Regards,

Duke

OCdt Mephiston
08-21-2010, 12:21 AM
A message to Duke;

Dearest Duke, though we have felt slightly neglected, we understand that life can tear one away from the hobby we hold so dear. We anxiously await your promised pictures.

Best Regards,

Your Thread and its Followers

Duke
08-21-2010, 04:05 PM
OK, it isn't much of an update... But here it goes. Here is my Sanguinary Guard WIP.

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/Veahirin/6ca05bdb.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/Veahirin/39a1657b.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/Veahirin/c580b317.jpg

more to come in next update
Duke

Duke
08-21-2010, 04:07 PM
More sang guard pics (remember this is a WIP)

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/Veahirin/281b0c2e.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/Veahirin/526370c3.jpg

Duke

Shadow Queen
08-21-2010, 04:31 PM
Do you need and Death Company as I have taken the parts off the frames that I want.

Duke
08-21-2010, 07:06 PM
Erm, sure... But it might be better used in your bits box. you never know when you want a "blood angel XYZ piece" to put on the base of another army for effect.

Duke

lobster-overlord
08-21-2010, 08:40 PM
OK, first to respond to the comment on the 17th about the pics being crummy.... how long have we been telling you that ? ;-)

I like the look of the Sang Smurfs :-P

Seriously, good work on the Sang, and I'm glad to see that mod duties arn't sucking away your hobby time like my kids are mine...

Duke
08-21-2010, 10:41 PM
Thanks... The last few pics were actualy taken with my camera and not my phone. Big difference.

Trust me, my kids take up a ton of my hobby time. The only time I get to paint is after they have gone to bed.

Painting tip for guys who are married with kids:

1. Take an old fishing tackle box (you know you don't use it anyway) and put your paints in it, with the ONE project your working on at the moment (ie sang guard).
2. Get a tv dinner table
3. Buy one piece of tile 6"x 8" or so for your "pallet" keepbit in your takle box with your paints and project.
4. Buy a clip on light to clip on to the side of the tv dinner table.
5. Paint your project while your kids sleep and your wife watches get shows.
6. Have a happy (gaming) family.

OCdt Mephiston
08-21-2010, 11:41 PM
Wise words, Ill keep them in mind should I find a woman crazy enough to marry me lol

Also, your sang guard are sooooo preeeeetty!!! Can't wait to see a table full of em!!

bloodangel 83
08-22-2010, 03:57 AM
Hey Duke, it helps me that my wife lets me work on my models on the weekends and after i get off work if we have nothing to do. Your BA army looks great.

Duncndisorderly
08-23-2010, 08:14 AM
Hey Duke, I stopped lurking and registered on the grounds that I had to tell you how awesome this thread is, as a BA player and painter (new and learning fast in both cases) this thread has really given me some cool ideas, thanks man and keep up the good work, oh and whoever soft scored your work clearly has a headfull of dung.

Duke
08-23-2010, 10:55 AM
@D thanks for registering... I hope you comment often. Also thanks for the complements, often I dont want to paint at all andnhearing things like that always gives me a little boost. Almost like when my mom used t o give me candy for foxing my chores as a kid.

If you ever want any tips go ahead and ask... Even if for playing blood angels.

For the other lurkers. Register and post! The god-emperor will reward you greatly.

Duke

Duke
08-26-2010, 09:16 PM
test

MarneusCalgar
08-29-2010, 10:48 AM
Well, our dear Duke, hope to see more BA soon!!

Duke
08-29-2010, 11:26 AM
I should have an update on my sanguinary guard tonight... I have been working on a super secret mega project that isn't painting/modeling so my extra brain power has been dedicated to that.

Duke

bloodangel 83
08-31-2010, 02:09 PM
can't wait to see what your driven mind comes up with next. great work

Duke
09-01-2010, 08:18 PM
Ok, here is an update!

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/Veahirin/DSC03269.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/Veahirin/DSC03273.jpg

Kieranator K82
09-02-2010, 12:10 AM
I do quite like what you've done with the Sanguinary Guard. It's different but still ties in with the whole idea.

Duncndisorderly
09-02-2010, 04:18 AM
Those Sanguinarys look pretty awesome, I'm still messing with ideas for mine as I really didnt like the gold paint scheme so can I ask what colours those are and was it done using many washes?

Duke
09-02-2010, 08:15 AM
colors used for the armour:
- Primer black
- Paint the entire model astronomicon Grey
- give 2-3 Washes of Gryphon Sepia.
- But on bleached bone "reflections"
- Devlan mud some areas to be a little darker
- Skull whit "Direct reflection spots"

It is similar to the NMM approach that was given in the "Blood Angels," white dwarf a few months back.

I worked on the SHoulder pads last night and it makes them come together as a unit better... Next is the banner and the power weapons, then stage 2 is done, then all I need to do is go in and do extreme detail and stuff.

Duke

Duncndisorderly
09-02-2010, 08:26 AM
Thanks for the info dude, If i dont have gryphon sepia would it possible to achieve the same effect with a wash of watered down paint? if so what colour would you go with?

Duke
09-02-2010, 08:29 AM
No prob. Im always happy to help... If you can call it help, lol

Duke

Duke
09-03-2010, 01:51 PM
Thanks for the info dude, If i dont have gryphon sepia would it possible to achieve the same effect with a wash of watered down paint? if so what colour would you go with?

Ok, if you absolutely don't have sepia then this is what you have to do.

1. Start with snakebite leather on everything (watered down a little)
2. Build up to bleach dbone on the extreme edges
- 2:1 snakebite and bleached bone
- 1:1 snakebite and bleached bone
- 1:2 snakebite and bleached bone

3. Highlight edges in pure bleached bone
4. Take skull white and place in "direct reflection areas.

I know it is a little more difficult (and time consuming) than the other way, but there it is

Duke

Cruor Vault
09-03-2010, 02:05 PM
Its also a good idea to make sure you know exactly where you want your light source to be from at the very start of the project. That way you can make all the models look like the light is coming from the same direction to add some more coherency to the unit.

Duke
09-03-2010, 04:00 PM
Its also a good idea to make sure you know exactly where you want your light source to be from at the very start of the project. That way you can make all the models look like the light is coming from the same direction to add some more coherency to the unit.

Cruor is right, a good portion of 'light source,' is learned through trial and error, Im sure a few people have their own ways. I personally will play with an actual lamp to get the idea of where the shadows/ direct reflections are.

Duke

Hexx
09-03-2010, 05:10 PM
Loving the looks of em, giving me a lot of ideas for my own BA successor army :D

Duke
09-05-2010, 09:51 PM
So, I have a new way of painting "Power weapons," let me know what way you all like better.

OLD WAY:

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/Veahirin/DSC03277.jpg

(FUZZY PIC WARNING)
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/Veahirin/DSC03278.jpg

NEW WAY:

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/Veahirin/DSC03276.jpg

(FUZZY PIC WARNING)
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/Veahirin/DSC03275.jpg

Duncndisorderly
09-06-2010, 03:44 AM
I like both although the new one does appear a lot crisper on the finish

Snyderson
09-06-2010, 05:48 AM
Hard to judge, because both are nice and the close ups are a bit too blurry, but I think I'd opt for the new variant!

Greetz,
Sny

Immortal
09-06-2010, 03:55 PM
Hey future self (Duke), its your past self... bone colored Sanguinary Guard are a good idea, wish I had thought of that (wait, I did). Ha! Finally joined the forum... now i can make fun of you in public, not just in the game store.

I like the new power weapon paint job. I still think my Angels will look better :p
~Immortal

Duke
09-06-2010, 04:48 PM
Hmmm, sounds like a challenge... TO ARMS!

Good to see you on the forum buddy, we can keep in touch with updates easier now. Oh, past self, I also have a sports almanac to give you.

Without further ado: ANOTHER UPDATE!

So, in another thread of mine (Chaplians a go-go) I talked about a Blood Angels unit that is
1 Librarian on bike
1 Reclusiarch on bike
2 Chaplains on bike
1 Sanguinary priest on bike

It is a "super unit" I am trying out.

Well, this weekend I had ample time to dive into the abyss that is my bits box and after lots of cutting, gluing (fingers together) and laughing/crying I came up with this (remember it is all from my bitz box, lol). I was actually able to find all the pieces to make the unit except for 1 bike! I hve the bitz to make the priest rider, i just dont have one bike, lol... Oddly enough, my least favourite model is the actual "Chaplain on a bike" that GW made... Go figure.

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/Veahirin/DSC03279.jpg

DUKE

Duke
09-06-2010, 04:49 PM
Oh, and PS... That old Chaplain on a bike used to be my "best painted model." LMAO... I will update as I paint these guys (after I finish my Sang Guard which are close to done).

Duke

Duke
09-06-2010, 06:20 PM
Just a thought imbued to post... You know you have been painting too much when :
- you call the police because the driver ahead of you is swerving a lot like a drunk and when asked what color the car is you reply "hawk turquoise"

- when your wife talks about wearing an off white dress and asks for your color suggestions you reply "maybe something like bleached bone color"

Lol at life

Duke

Tynskel
09-06-2010, 08:15 PM
Just a thought imbued to post... You know you have been painting too much when :
- you call the police because the driver ahead of you is swerving a lot like a drunk and when asked what color the car is you reply "hawk turquoise"

- when your wife talks about wearing an off white dress and asks for your color suggestions you reply "maybe something like bleached bone color"

Lol at life

Duke

Hey, everyone needs a reference frame...

Duke
09-07-2010, 08:44 AM
Got another update on the Sang guard...

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/Veahirin/DSC03283.jpg

Duke

Duke
09-09-2010, 04:37 PM
Wow 150 views in a day and no cmoments... I can't be that good (or that bad?)

C and C are welcome, nay encouraged! It is what keeps this thread going.

Duke

miteyheroes
09-09-2010, 05:31 PM
That super unit sounds brutal! And I'm liking the use of trimmed down berserker heads.

The white-faced Sanguinary Guard look a bit too like mimes for me. Especially the one crying blood...

OCdt Mephiston
09-09-2010, 07:28 PM
Way to go miteyheroes, I didnt see mimes before, but now I cant get the thought of mime-marine out of my head!!! :rolleyes: They're not stuck in a box with you, you're stuck in a box with them :D

Duke
09-09-2010, 10:45 PM
Umm, yea I don't know that I absolutely like the Sanguinary guard... They are nice, but not great. Im going to try a different NMM approach with Sanguinor.

So I took out my super unit for a spin tonight. Got in two games... This is the list of things that they killed.

Game one:
Kahn and command squad.
Razorback
Ironclad dread
Venerable dread
5 man Assault Terminator squad (2 LC, 3 TH/SS)
Terminator Librarian
Land Raider

Game Two:
Kharn
Full Bezerker squad
Khorne marked CSM squad
Summoned daemons
Daemon Prince.

Long story short they rocked the socks off both armies... All I lost was one chaplian in the whole mess.

All that said, I don't think that I will be using the unit much as it doesn't fit entirely into my play style... But it was fun as heck, try it out! (And worth painting to have as one of those units you can pull out every so often)

Duke