PDA

View Full Version : Ordo Xenos Colors?

Vorlon
04-01-2010, 06:51 PM
Greetings all. I am thinking of converting my IG army into an Ordo Xenos detachment but I am not quite sure of the coloring. I know the Deathwatch has black power armor but keeps a shoulder pad of the previous chapter but what about the "poor damned infantry" (this of course assuming the Ordo Xenos has an infantry corps). Any help would be greatly appreciated...and who knows...maybe i will finally picked a damned color scheme ^_^

Ugly74
04-01-2010, 06:58 PM
"Upon inducting to the Deathwatch a space marine's armor is painted black. The chapter insignia, normally located on the left shoulder, is moved to the right shoulder and is replaced by the deathwatch insignia. The left arm is painted silver to avoid angering the armour's machine spirit." * Lexicanum*

Cant find any referance to infantry..

Just_Me
04-01-2010, 07:33 PM
The Inquisition as a whole is a very individualistic organization, and while the Deathwatch do maintain specific colors, the same cannot be said for the rest of the Inquisition. Generally speaking inducted guard units would use whatever uniform they had prior to induction, possibly with additionally insignia marking them as being in the service of the Inquisition. on the other hand, it would be completely within the rights and power of an Inquisitor to refit his or her household troops in whatever fashion appealed to them. With this in mind, many Inquisitors seem to favor imposing and/or brooding colors befitting their stern duties. Black seems to be as close as there is to an "official" uniform of the Inquisition, but greys, reds, and whites seem to be fairly common. As ever though, the final decision would rest with the individual Inquisitor, and they might choose to express their personal preferences in any number of ways.

Vorlon
04-02-2010, 12:18 AM
Fantastic information! Thanks a million!

Just_Me
04-02-2010, 02:46 PM
Fantastic information! Thanks a million!

I'm glad we could help. Also, I'd like to say it's nice to see another Ordos Xenos fan out there, to be honest they are possibly my favorite 40k group. I have a small Ordos Xenos army myself, and they really are a labor of love, I don't imagine they would be all that effective on the tabletop, but they look cool and are a very fun and characterful force. Some pics and what have you here (http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?p=37133#post37133) if it helps, though to be honest I'm not a great painter and the pics are a bit dated as I've made a number of changes since they were taken.

I'd love to see some pics of your army once it gets underway.

fade_74
04-02-2010, 03:35 PM
Hey Vorlon! I hate to say it, but the idea of hating all xenos filth kinda reminds me of the ****'s. I might suggest a black and red dress uniform for officers with the troops wearing the grey/green like the british free corps seen here near the bottom. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uniforms_and_insignia_of_the_Schutzstaffel
That camo pattern actually looks pretty cool too.

DISCLAIMER!!
I am in no way a **** lover. I am not affiliated with any racist or fascist regime, nor do I agree with there methods or ideology. I do, however, think they had very intimidating sense of fashion. All those skulls and lightning bolts are very scary.

Vorlon
04-03-2010, 09:19 PM
Well at the moment i only have two models painted. A couple of weeks ago I decided it was time to once and for all decided on a color scheme so I painted 12 models different schemes. Out of all of them I like a matte black uniform with a small red accent along the bottom seam of the shirt/jacket the most. Turns out Just_Me had the same idea way before me -.- So Im going to play around with the black/red idea and make it a little more unique.

I really liked the uniform link Fade posted! I think im going to use that basic idea but make it black/grey with maybe white trim. Im still not entirely sure how I am going to paint the vehicles. I would like to keep the red/black motif. Maybe Ill add some pointless red camo and my army can hide among the Death Company!

Thanks for all the great info. I think we finally have a winner after a year of trying.... RIP winter themed army....hello 213th Sanctus Celeste regiment seconded to the Ordo Xenos!!!

Blackpudding
06-12-2010, 09:09 AM
From what I've seen, the ordo xenos is really the most moderate of Inq. Ordos, so I'd go with most any colors you would like, when I pained my ordo zenos Inq, my main colors were green, brown, black, red and yellow. Thats prolly because I really like Eisenhorn as an Inq., but w/e.
Here is a pic of the aforementioned Inq. :http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs19/f/2007/294/0/d/Eisenhorn_Wallpaper_by_TehAardvark.png

Have fun, ordo xenos are always fun fluff-wise