PDA

View Full Version : Imperial Guard Emperor's Shield formation

Hendrik Booraem VI
11-16-2015, 01:03 PM
I looked at the front page article about the Mont'Ka formations and what they would include... the blurb on the Emperor's Shield says it includes 34 models.

2 Cadian squads (20 models)
1 Cadian command squad (5 models)
3 Sentinels (3 models)
and 2 heavy weapons squads (?? models)

Normally, I would anticipate that 2 heavy weapons squads would mean two of the large bases each with 2 dudes on it, for a total of 4 dudes. That would mean 3 extra guys, unless they figure each Sentinel has a pilot that counts as a separate model? If that's the case, this can only exist as a formation, since it can't meet the 2 troops and an HQ requirement for a CAD, right?

Regardless, I still think it's awesome, and I'm hoping to persuade my wife to let me buy it for my six-year-old, who (wants to) play(s) Imperial Guard, sometimes known by the lesser and more pathetic name Astra Militarum (Star Military - /gag).

Haighus
11-16-2015, 04:45 PM
I think it is referring to:
2 Cadian squads: 20
1 Cadian Command: 5
3 Sentinels: 3
2 boxes of 3 heavy weapons bases: 6
=34.
It doesn't add up any other way.
I'm pretty sure this will be a stand-alone formation though, that may well end up forming a base component of a later IG formation of formations.

Perversor
11-16-2015, 05:28 PM
I looked at the front page article about the Mont'Ka formations and what they would include... the blurb on the Emperor's Shield says it includes 34 models.

2 Cadian squads (20 models)
1 Cadian command squad (5 models)
3 Sentinels (3 models)
and 2 heavy weapons squads (?? models)

Normally, I would anticipate that 2 heavy weapons squads would mean two of the large bases each with 2 dudes on it, for a total of 4 dudes. That would mean 3 extra guys, unless they figure each Sentinel has a pilot that counts as a separate model? If that's the case, this can only exist as a formation, since it can't meet the 2 troops and an HQ requirement for a CAD, right?

Regardless, I still think it's awesome, and I'm hoping to persuade my wife to let me buy it for my six-year-old, who (wants to) play(s) Imperial Guard, sometimes known by the lesser and more pathetic name Astra Militarum (Star Military - /gag).

The pre-order is already up in GW webpage
Emperor's shield (http://www.games-workshop.com/es-ES/Emperor%E2%80%99s-Shield-Infantry-Platoon)

and yes it's 6 heavy weapon bases. Theorically it a whole new formation coming up with Mont'ka.

Hendrik Booraem VI
11-17-2015, 09:15 AM
That's good news. I already have 20 cadians and a command squad, so I can either buy 2 heavy weapons squads and 3 sentinels, or I can buy the whole formation if I can afford it. I'm really stoked to see a Tau vs. Imperial Guard campaign. I think it really has a lot of potential.

Cactus
11-17-2015, 01:42 PM
That's good news. I already have 20 cadians and a command squad, so I can either buy 2 heavy weapons squads and 3 sentinels, or I can buy the whole formation if I can afford it. I'm really stoked to see a Tau vs. Imperial Guard campaign. I think it really has a lot of potential.

It will have lots of pew-pew-pew.