PDA

View Full Version : Most Lethal

ChaosLord127
08-06-2009, 01:07 AM
Alright Loungers,

I want to hear it! What has your most succesful unit been? By this question, I don't mean "What rules and minis kill the most" I mean "What unit has been your personal best unit? (IE SM squad John Doe that killed almost an entire Tau army by itself). If you have any particularily neat stories regarding this unit, tell us! :)
This thread has a sister thread, Least Lethal ( http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=643 ) check it out

For me, it is my squad of 9 Thousand Sons, who have slaughtered well over 500 guardsmen, and with the sorceror's help, 3 dreadnaughts, a land raider, and two carnifexes. Their very first game they actually arrived on the wrong side of an 8' long board, but they did manage to kill a few wild boars in their first shooting phase. Bacon, anyone?

vharing
08-06-2009, 01:13 AM
I have a squad of 6 BA vet assault marines who have killed a dread and 10 space wolf marines in a single game, killed 3 squads of fire warriors in another ( by themselves well the rest of my army hit to avoid the masses of fire coming at them) and capture tons of objective on the very last turn of a game.

Herald of Nurgle
08-06-2009, 03:07 AM
People have learned to fear my 14 man squads of Plague Marines - slow to start, quick to finish.
I've got a converted Ironclad that, in the few weeks he's been alive, has proven most effective in getting to assault without killing loads of my duds. 2 CCW, TL Bolter, and Heavy Flamer does help though - bolter being the only thing that has any firepower, and my army is Nurgle!

On the other hand, in my Eldar army, there is no unit that has shown epic progress... though I think that one of the Jetbike squads has a good record when attached with my commanding Autarch...

Diagnosis Ninja
08-06-2009, 04:37 AM
My personal best has to have been my Tau Crisis Suit Deathrain squad:
3 Crisis suits
Shas'vre team leader
TL missile pods
Targeting array (+1BS)
Bonding knife

Have to have killed at least a dozen guard transports over about 5 games, as well as double their weight in troops. Either that, or my 6 man XV25 Stealth team :P

another good squad is my Ravenwing Command Squad. I think the only time I've played against Tyranids at 1000 points, they must have killed 40% of the army alone.

My personal worst is my Tankbustas Squad, obviously. Here, have a drop pod in this corner of the map >.<

Cryl
08-06-2009, 05:23 AM
Alright Loungers,

I want to hear it! What has your most succesful unit been? By this question, I don't mean "What rules and minis kill the most" I mean "What unit has been your personal best unit? (IE SM squad John Doe that killed almost an entire Tau army by itself). If you have any particularily neat stories regarding this unit, tell us! :)

For me, it is my squad of 9 Thousand Sons, who have slaughtered well over 500 guardsmen, and with the sorceror's help, 3 dreadnaughts, a land raider, and two carnifexes. Their very first game they actually arrived on the wrong side of an 8' long board, but they did manage to kill a few wild boars in their first shooting phase. Bacon, anyone?

I have a single TH/SS armed terminator Sgt. who killed an unwounded Tzeentchian Daemon Prince with warptime in a single round of close combat and he was the one who got charged! True it's thanks to some lucky rolling on my part and some very unlucky "fearless" extra wound save failings on the CSM players part but still that Sgt probably deserves his own company!

DaRaKur
08-06-2009, 07:05 AM
My top unit is a squad of 8 ork nobs, mounted in a wartrukk and accompanied by a Warboss. All the usual upgrades - painboy, feel no pain, power klaw, big choppas, bosspole, warbanna, etc.

There is very little in the game that this unit has not been able to take out, and with the Warboss it counts as scoring as well.

In our club I am top of the league, having played about 19 games, and most of it is due to this squad. They have killed landraiders, daemon princes, squads of plague marines etc. etc.

One of their best triumphs was hitting a 10 man Death Company unit from the Blood Angels and after the first round of combat had taken 1 wound and only 3 Death Company were still standing, only to be overwhelmed in the next round of combat.

The only unit I think that beats them is the same nob squad, but mounted on warbikes

BuFFo
08-06-2009, 10:16 AM
Archon
5 Incubi
Drazhar, Master of Blades
3 Warrior
Raider

My most successful unit. They kill anything with a T of 5 or lower without even trying. Once they hit T6 though, sigh, they just bounce off and die.

crazyredpraetorian
08-06-2009, 10:21 AM
My Ratlings are pretty lethal. Against Daemon or Nidzilla list they are usually the MVPs.

keithsilva
08-06-2009, 01:58 PM
My banshess going through almost an either greyknight army was great, i felt bad for the guy i was playing, and my scorpions, they take alot of firpower and still surive, best was when the infiltrated 12 inches behind a vindicator and destroying it on the first turn, then killing 6 chaos bikes after man that was great. My space marine landspeeder with assult cannon and heavy bolter destroying a predator, speeder and a whole squad in in almost 3 turns.

Majorcrash
08-06-2009, 02:14 PM
Used to be my eldar warwalkers, that were my favorite, the look of dread on some of my opponents faces when they came out. But now I LOVE my IG Executioner. In the last three games its killed 2 full termy squads, a DA cmd squad and no less than 4 DA Tact squads. It draws so much fire that the rest of my armny moves around unmolested. I thought of getting a second, but dont want to put off my opponents. By the way i cant wait to start using pask is it.:D

Lord Inquisitor
08-06-2009, 02:22 PM
My brothers Venerable Dreadnought killed the Fateweaver in one shot from his Lascannon. He hit, he wounded, the Fateweaver failed his 3+ invulnerable, he re-rolled it, failed again, took a leadership test, failed, and away he went. Then came the other player basically reading the whole codex before he would accept that it happened. For me though, my Vets in the Valkyrie with Bastonne blow up just about every vehicle they shoot at the first time. Done it to plenty of Land Raiders and everything else.

Grabsnikk
08-06-2009, 02:56 PM
I would have to say that my flying nun of doom is my most lethal unit. Armed with an eviscerator, she usually takes out a couple of tanks before she dies (if at all). Other than that it would have to be my ork warboss on bike, he ususally goes through 3-4 enemy units before he dies.

Grumpy Ripper
08-07-2009, 02:04 AM
i have a special genestealer back in previous ed who in one turn when the rest of his squad was taken. He then went out destroyed 2 landspeeders, then ran over a unit of 5 terminators on his own before getting stuck into a devastor squad when the game ended, and no matter what they fired at him he wouldnt die thats why i sometime use him as a broodlord and he is painted red in my black army as a mark of disntinction.

Lord Sandwich
08-07-2009, 02:08 AM
I'm starting to believe it's my Techmarine, because in the last few games in which I have partaken, it seems I roll vastly above average for my bolters across the board. Whatever my Techmarine's secrets are, they sure seem to be working. :)

EDIT: But as for an actual unit/model... I'd have to say it's my lone shotgun scout, because even though he's alone amidst a mob of bolt pistol/close combat weapon Scouts, he seems to consistently outperform the others... in shooting AND close combat!

icecube
08-07-2009, 03:40 AM
Forme its my kommandos led by boss Snikrot. The managed to kill an entire 50 man imperial guard platoon in a single turn(the enemy for some reason didnīt have an comissar:confused:).

swartsengagger
08-07-2009, 03:50 AM
My Belial with a squad of Terminators (1x TH/SS, 1x TLC, 1x Cyclone missile launcher + TLC, 1x Apothecary + TLC, 1x Deathwing Banner + TLC) and usualy an Interrogator-Chaplain in Terminator armour, sometimes they catch a ride in a Land Raider Crusader.

These guys have killed dozens of Carnifexes, hive tyrants, zoanthropes, marine HQ's and hundreds of normal and chaos marines, gaunts, warriors, guardsmen, eldar guardians etc. Been using them ever since i got the Dark Angels codex on the day it got released and they still have a great appetite.

Chaos
08-07-2009, 01:49 PM
Obliterators

oni
08-07-2009, 02:43 PM
I was playing in the Rapid Fire tournament at Games Day Baltimore '09. I went up against an IG player using the new codex. My whole army just seemed to perform better than ever before. It was one of those games where it seemed absolutely everything went in my favor.

Chaplain
Tactical Squad w/ +5 SM's, Flamer, Missile Launcher
Tactical Squad w/ +5 SM's, Flamer, Missile Launcher
Landspeeder w/ Multi-melta

I broke both tactical squads down into combat squads. One combat squad was led by my chaplain and they tore through a good 1/3 of his entire army. The whole game I was raining Frag missiles down onto his squads and not once did I have one scatter. Marbo leaped out and tossed his demo charge onto a combat squad killing 3, but soon got a Krak missile enema.

Game turn 5 - Three objectives on the board, I controlled two, my opponent controlled one. My speeder that was hiding behind a huge rock since turn 2, rushes in to contest his objective, I dig in my other units holding the objectives and everything weathers the storm of his last attempt to grasp victory.

End game - Me: 2, Opponent: 0

Grimgore
08-07-2009, 03:36 PM
my lord w/ demon weapon and combi-plas, he's with 5 other termies who sport 4 combi-plas, a heavy flamer and chainfist... this unit has been nothing but nasty.

Jearden
08-07-2009, 06:18 PM
I have a squad of 15 Space Wolf Blood Claws, when they charge (or counter charge, the new rules making this much better) they get 60 attacks. Bolt Pistol and Close Combat Weapon, and they get +2 Attacks on the charge. Its rediculous and is usually enough to hurt or kill a squad of about anything. Not to mention the 15 shots they get before charging.

My Ven Dread has killed a LOT of things in recent games. 2 Bloodthursters, a Land Raider, several Razorbacks and Rhinos, and 2 Masters of the Forge. All this in the last 4 games and he hasnt gotten hurt any worse than Immobilized. Had a good run of it with his lately.

ChaosLord127
08-07-2009, 06:30 PM
This one is for my IG army. My stormtroopers. Ten man squad, one melta, one plasma, and a vet sergeant with a power sword. They have killed 7 land raiders, 3 carnifexes, and four lictors (the lictors in CC), not to mention hundreds of marines and guard. In addittion to the kill count, they also seem to always pass last man standing tests. I had my melta left over from the rest of the squad, who continued to survive endless lascannon and lasgun shots, but he still managed to take down 3 Leman Russes in that game. He got a medal.

Another time was when they ran into the middle of the battlefield to claim and objective in turn 2, and managed to beat back bloodthirsters in close combat, and destroyed 2 predators. I lost 2 out of the 10 of them that game.

Sam
10-27-2009, 11:34 PM
My nobz and warboss, easily.

For my other armies: IG - 50man guardsman squad with commisar, 6 powerweapons, 5 meltabombs. Stick Straken behind them and watch the slaughter.

Nids- tough call, I'm gonna have to go with my dakkaflyrant, 12 twin-linked str 5 shots with re-rolls to wound.

Chaos- Khorne lord with wings and bloodfeeder. He may kill himself, but he's equally likely to kill half the enemy army.

Manly Marines- A bit early to tell for sure, but thus far it's gotta be Sergeant Manly (Bjorn the Fellhanded).

eldargal
10-28-2009, 12:01 AM
My farseer with howling banshees. I always put them together. People laughed. They don't anymore. In Eight years they have never been wiped out, nor fled from a combat. RecentlyI killed ten meganobz with warlord in one round of combat with them.

Sister Rosette Soulknyt
10-28-2009, 01:31 AM
My Cannoness Emilia.(flying Nun of DOOm)
Jumps behind 2 chaos baneblades after manauvering for a round, then assaults one, gets a Catastrophic explosion, destroys the baneblade, the one next to it, 3 Obliterators sent to kill her, and over 50 chaos marines, 3 predators and a Daemon prince.
And...
Makes her saves to keep on fighting.
Finishes off with a squad of terminators and another bloodthirster wounded by a Excorsist with lucky shots.

Melissia
10-28-2009, 06:47 AM
The basic Battle Sister squad has usually been my most lethal unit, and amongst them, one particular squad has actually done amazing things... such as holding Abby in place for four turns, ending the game with him having killed less than a single squad.

Mind you, I often mix and match various models within my army based on what I feel like deploying, so I don't often have set squad names...

JxKxR
10-28-2009, 09:45 AM
For me it's got to be my 7 man fire warrior squad with markerlight, for some reason when i pick the dice up to roll for them they do exceptionally well, and my opponents have an extra hard time killing them. They tore grey knight terminators appart in close combat!!! I win.

Lord Azaghul
10-28-2009, 09:57 AM
Ratling Snipers or my Mortar Squads. Mortar are just amazing, especially if something used to be in a transport!

DarkLink
10-28-2009, 09:58 AM
Incinerators are my most lethal. I once killed 23 grots (yeah, they were only grots, but still) in one dual incineration. That was awesome.

A friend of mine has a named Thousand Sons model. Zelos the Pacifist Champion of Neutral Assaults. Once ANYONE gets into combat with him, nothing happens. Both sides of the combat will fail to cause a single wound for the rest of the game.

Brother Mord
10-28-2009, 01:09 PM
my Emperors Champion seems to be one of those models that tears things up a lot. I think he only does an average job. I have a lot of games where he is killed without doing anything. But there are those games where he performs like a true hero of the Imperium.

My opponents fear him just because of those games where he has caused havok to them (but they always forget the games where they kill him without even trying hard).

Xas
10-28-2009, 01:56 PM
I have to nominate two of my modells:

first my komissar 'Leonidas' who so far survived allmost every battle and crossed blades (or in his case a power whip) with many beeings of legends (most recent beeing samael on jetbike and kairos fateweaver) and killed many of them.

whenever he charges, followed by his squads of guardsmen it is also his humble bolt pistol which is secured to score a kill on the foe regardless of type.

seconds is my manticore niknamed 'Jericho'. In every game it took part it scored at least one perfect hit.
Most recent two beeing a whole 10 head squad of plaguebearers of nrugle and the game after a 9 bug squad of tyranid warriors with one single missile (which split into 3 who all hit perfectly :D) whipped from existance.

Lerra
10-28-2009, 02:13 PM
I once had one lone surviving power fist terminator who was charged by a melee heavy support carnifex (2 wounds left) and a hive tyrant (full health). Three turns later, the carnifex and the hive tyrant were dead, and the terminator consolidated 6" - just enough to hold an objective.

Crae
10-28-2009, 04:04 PM
I gotta go with my Killa kans (grotzookas) for my orks. They managed to hold up 4 Rhinos filled with chaos marines for 6 turns. They popped one and immobilised another in the first turn. The Rhinos where blocking the approach to the objective that the chaos boys wanted to take and effect they where boxed in. I just keept blasting the area with 6 str6 blast marks per round for 6 rounds and the only thing that managed to survive was a lord, that then got chopped up by the kans close combat. They finally got chewed to pieces by a Daemon prince and a greater daemon in round 7.
Their final toll was 4 rhinos, 2x 6 man deathguards, 2x 10 man nurgle marked marines and a nurgle lord.
They consistently take out 2-3 times their own value and they are the most feared unit currently in my gaming group. The double lashing chaos player thinks they should be banned :) They seemingly are the most tasty thing Big daemons can get their hands on, since they also manage to get eaten by every daemon they have ever meet :D

My favourite spacemarine unit is 3 landspeeders with Heavy bolters and Typhon missile launchers. They ROCK!!! Last game was a record in kill count for them. They managed to survive a 6 round game and they tallied up a impressive kill count of: 1 lash daemon prince, 1 greater daemon, 3 obliterators, 2 rhinoes 6 deathguards and a defiler.
They are great as long range support. The weapon load out means that I can switch from 9 heavy bolter shoots and 6 str4 blasts for anti infantry or go 9 HB shoot and 2 krak for monstrous creature/light vehicle or heavy infantry hunting. They cripple anything on foot and they do it a 36-48 inch range.
The str4 blasts even mean I can move 12 inch and keep pumping out maximum pain since they count as defensive weapons. They are excellent at hunting monstrous creatures and light vehicles. They tear great big holes in horde armies and they can keep far away from anything that could hurt them.
If anything gets to close they just move away and keep shooting while they do it. Great stuff :D

Kall3m0n
10-28-2009, 07:26 PM
I have two nominees: Either my Devilfish with a killcount of 100+ models and only gotten it self blown up once in 15 battles. It faces SM, Nids, Orks and IG.

Second nominee: Railhead. It has only seen five battles yet, but has found the time to kill three Monoliths, two laindraiders, a hell of a lot of ork "vehicles" and 100+ models. It faces SM, Nids, Orks and IG. And still not a single scratch.

Kall3m0n
10-28-2009, 07:27 PM
*just notification*

eagleboy7259
10-28-2009, 08:42 PM
5 Man Sword Brethren Assault Terminators with 3x Lightning Claws, 2x Thunder Hammer w/ Furious Charge lead by EC w/ ACC and Marshall with thunder hammer & storm shield all in the LRC with smokes. Nobody every survives till the second round of combat.