PDA

View Full Version : Marine freakshow.

Gnoblar with Pointy Stick
03-31-2010, 09:20 AM
OK, so I've got the Black reach Marines and am planning on saving them for Apocalypse and teaching new players, but I'd like to paint them. Now, while slapping some blue on them would be all good and dandy, I want to do something...
More offensive. Sillier.
I'm thinking "Postal Service Marines ("Only in death do deliveries end!"), Hello Kitty Marines, Pretty Marines, something really vile!

Any ideas?

Gotthammer
03-31-2010, 12:09 PM
Rainbow Warriors.

Wait...

The AKH
03-31-2010, 01:58 PM
I think the Postal Marines idea could be really neat if you fleshed it out a little. Tongue-in-cheek, but not quite as facepalm-worthy as Hello Kitty marines or, god forbid, Pretty Marines.

lobster-overlord
03-31-2010, 02:37 PM
Vet Sgt Buzz Lightyear and Star Command....

Lord Azaghul
03-31-2010, 04:05 PM
Make them female. -that would be truly horrifying and a slap in the emporer's (God rest his soul) face.

ggg
03-31-2010, 05:02 PM
- Paint them as if they are wearing suits and ties.

-pimp them up ghetto tastic?

Hawaii shirts and Bermuda shorts.

Union Jack - or insert other national flags - on shoulder pads- star spangled banner?

Superman marines complete with red underpants - or indeed each marine should be decked out like a different super hero... bat man and robin? .

The ultimate crime - camouflage marines

Or ---------------------- just let your girlfriend paint them for you. We all have that one pink marine with lipstick in our collection after a gesture to involving a disinterested partner in our hobby.

I'm a big fan of the Emperor's pointy stick marines and the Angry Marine Chapters. I would love to see them done properly.

Fellend
04-01-2010, 01:54 AM
The Emperor's witness, Black suits with ties wearing pamphlets and flamethrowers, knocking on doors and telling people about their religion all over the galaxy.

Vorlon
04-01-2010, 10:53 AM
The Emperor's witness, Black suits with ties wearing pamphlets and flamethrowers, knocking on doors and telling people about their religion all over the galaxy.

This wins.

rbryce
04-01-2010, 01:32 PM
arent those Black Templars? ^^^.

Denzark
04-01-2010, 01:59 PM
Paint them just black and white. Try and match each bit of black and each bit of white to star wars storm trooper armour. Use orange markings for sgts and try and use the imperial circle device for their chapter badge. Champions could be in black, with red/blue squares for rank, and maybe the odd one in blood red with a red cloak and a power weapon.

Lerra
04-01-2010, 02:14 PM
Angry Marines!

Gnoblar with Pointy Stick
04-02-2010, 09:22 AM
Make them female. -that would be truly horrifying and a slap in the emporer's (God rest his soul) face.
Is the Emperor gay? If he is, I understand and accept him for who he is, but he should really come out if this is the case.

Holy **** that's awesome. I just might do that.

I rather like the Buzz Lightyear idea as well...

Fantomex
04-02-2010, 02:44 PM
Angry Marines!
Seconded. Everyone knows that Angry Marines win at everything, and here is the proof..
http://1d4chan.org/images/9/92/Angry_Marine_Smackdown.jpg

Subject Keyword
04-03-2010, 04:08 PM
Someone posted this really intricate fanfiction on some website about an Angry Marine raping an Eldar Farseer in front of her daughter, and it was meant to be funny. Kind of turned me off of Angry Marines permanently.

Emo Marines would be funny...