PDA

View Full Version : Frostgrave - Thaw of the Lichlord

Path Walker
10-29-2015, 07:10 AM
So, lots of people are getting in to Frostgrave, its a rules-light narrative skirmish game, set in a fantasy world. In this world, the city of Felsted was a centre for magical learning and greatest city in the world, that was a millenia ago, something happened and the city was frozen in ice, now, the city is known as Frostgrave, going there is said to be certain death, but its begun to thaw, and so Wizards are risking the perils for loot the treasures within.

Ok, so enough blurb, you want to get in to Frostgrave? Now is the perfect time but you'll have to act quick, why you ask?

Because the Nickstarter ends on Monday!

Whats a Nickstarter?

Why its an hilarious punne or play on words, its a crowdfunding/pre-order offer ran by Northstar Games who make the official minatures for Frostgrave, which is owned by a guy called Nick. See, hilarious.

What do you mean?

Well, the first expansion for the game, Thaw of the Lichlord is coming in a few weeks, so you have until the 2nd of November to preorder and get some cool bonuses. The expansion has a full campaign, a new type of wizard (the lich), loads more monsters, spells and treasures.

Ok, so where can I get this stuff?

Nick, he of the starter, has kindly let a select few suppliers (he's really picky of who he lets stock his Frostgrave models, only shops he likes are allowed to sell his stuff which I think is cool) join in with the nickstarter this time, so you have a choice of a few shops, my personal favourite is Annie, aka the Dice Bag Lady, who has a really cool Frostgrave store full of everything you need and her trademark, tons of well clothed females! you can go here: http://thedicebaglady.net/thaw-of-the-lich-lord-nickstarter/ (http://thedicebaglady.net/thaw-of-the-lich-lord-nickstarter/)and preorder and get the cheaper prices and bonus models!

You should get in on this game, its really good fun and only needs about 10 models for a warband, most of which you probably have in your collection anyway! With the Lichlord expansion, you have rules to twist your Wizards to the dark side and embrace evil and the new plastic cultist set looks amazing!