PDA

View Full Version : Bolt Action question(s)

RGilbert26
10-26-2015, 04:41 PM
Evening all,

For those of you who know their Bolt Action, which army has the most plastic miniatures as I'd prefer to not have to use too many resin/metal models?

Also is there an army best suited for beginners?

Thanks.

Alaric
10-26-2015, 05:13 PM
Played a bunch of it a couple years back. Fun game and a neat way to play, however their abysmal customer "service" was the nail in their coffin for me, but that's neither here nor there.

Yes they make a few kits for getting inot it easily. Pretty affordable, warning tho, they only had 5 poses or so (could have changed since I played!). I got REALLY good with a hobby knife and gluing. Made some shotgun wielders and some kneeling guys to spice it up.

I don't think it matters what army you go with as its such a cut and paste system (not an insult at all, its a great system as I said) that all the armies are fairly balanced in a normal fun game. You can min max the crap out of it if you are one of THOSE but you don't need to for an enjoyable game.

The rulebooks are a nice size and well laid out.

Model count is aboot half of what you would need in 40k. Tanks can gobble up points, not a fan of their resin/metal combos but they get the job done. I believe you can also play exclusively with tanks if you get an additional ruleset.

All in all, if yer a Brit you will be fine, if you ain't good luck on getting the model, personally I would try to buy thru an FLGS so you don't gotta deal with them directly.

My biased opinion, hopefully you have better luck than I.

RGilbert26
10-26-2015, 05:18 PM
Oh I have a shop near me that sell Bolt Action boxes, I'll be buying from them.

Alaric
10-26-2015, 05:58 PM
Good man.

If u wanna keep model count low go with Germany, you can gobble up points on awesome tanks

RGilbert26
11-02-2015, 06:27 PM
Is this legal?

Veteran Infantry Squad
- add 5 more men
- add 2 machine guns
- add 8 assault rifles

Or should it be "add 6 assault rifles" because the two guys helping the gunners are essentially part of the machine gun?

Desaster
11-02-2015, 08:02 PM
You have a ten man squad.
Two guys get MGs.
Two guys become loaders.
So you can only use 6 assault rifles.

I mean, most likely you could buy the loaders ARs, but they will never use them ;)

RGilbert26
11-03-2015, 12:49 AM
Okay thanks, means my two infantry squads both get a forth panzerfaust :P