PDA

View Full Version : Tau Empire - Alien allies The Zellnoim

Asymmetrical Xeno
10-25-2015, 10:02 PM
I caught the 40k bug again and found myself inspired to do a small 40k project for fun. It will be based around my own Tau empire alien species the aquatic species, the Zellnoim. The Zellnoim are few in number but very powerful, almost on par with Ethereals. The Tau may of destroyed them but the Zellnoim are wise and have the ability to telepathically control powerful intelligent creatures on their homeworld known as Zxeels. The Zellnoim breed masses of these creatures to use as a slave race to both protect themselves and do the wortk of the Greater Good.

The Zellnoim :
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa207/embodiedscrew/40k%20Armies/Tau%20Empire%20Zellnoim/Zellnoim%20Seer%20WIP1_zpsvqtcx5pt.png
I'm not sure how many of these I'll need, but I want a decent number of resin copies. I will just heatbend them to repose each one.

The Zxeels :
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa207/embodiedscrew/40k%20Armies/Tau%20Empire%20Zellnoim/Zxeels%20WIP1_zpsofua6tuj.png
I'll definitely need about 30 of these. They should git on 32 mm bases just fine. I'll heatbend too.

-----

To tie the army into the Tau Empire I plan to use lots of drones, Pirahnas and a few Sun Sharks. I will modify some of the Zellnoim bodies to replace the Pirahna crews. Considering finding some spare firewarrior/pathfinder weapons to replace the staffs on the Zellnoim bodies too.

I like to think this race are one of the lesser encountered and minor species that have joined the Tau empire, they only have their homeworld and a small number of explorator fleets which are the ones encounted in the setting.

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
10-25-2015, 11:30 PM
Cool! Great to see more Xenos-collective Tau armies, I'm a little disappointed the official range is becoming more and more Tau-centric.

I like the Zxeel, but have trouble "reading" the Zellnoim - although I suppose that might change once I see them painted/in multiple poses. I'm currently seeing it as a creature with a thin body/head terminating in a single eye, with two legs terminating in hands, one holding a staff?

Asymmetrical Xeno
10-26-2015, 09:40 AM
Cool! Great to see more Xenos-collective Tau armies, I'm a little disappointed the official range is becoming more and more Tau-centric.

I like the Zxeel, but have trouble "reading" the Zellnoim - although I suppose that might change once I see them painted/in multiple poses. I'm currently seeing it as a creature with a thin body/head terminating in a single eye, with two legs terminating in hands, one holding a staff?

Yeah, the last two releases were purely tau and nothing else, hopefully it's a sign they'll do codex kroot and such though.

The Zellnoim are mostly liquid based creatures, so the bottom part is meant to be where it pools on the ground but it's not done yet. It still needs quite a bit of work, but it's inspired by the Formless Spawn. I need to build the body/base part up more to look more liquid/slime-like.

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
10-26-2015, 04:24 PM
The Zellnoim are mostly liquid based creatures, so the bottom part is meant to be where it pools on the ground but it's not done yet. It still needs quite a bit of work, but it's inspired by the Formless Spawn. I need to build the body/base part up more to look more liquid/slime-like.Cool! How're you approaching casting? Could be fun to do them in a clear resin to really sell the liquidy-ness.

Haighus
10-26-2015, 06:12 PM
I like them! Could you show us a pic with them next to a Fire warrior or some-such for scale? For tying them into the Empire it may be worth having a 'bodyguard' unit of some Tau squad which are acting as minders, as it seems the Tau keep their 'allies' under close scrutiny.