PDA

View Full Version : BA Vanguard?

03-28-2010, 11:13 AM
Hey guys,

I'm addicted to plastic crack and so have been considering making a Blood Angels tournament list. In looking at the pieces I never use in my Ultramarines army (which I would not use as a counts as, nor repaint anything; I'd like to build fresh), I've noticed that my Vanguard are still assembled but never fielded. I have the jump pack versions of Vanguard, not the old veterans on foot, but just wasn't sure how effective Vanguard will be in the BA list.

Having not seen it, I was hoping someone else might be able to shed some light on their tactical/point efficiency in the new codex. :)

I appreciate it very much! :D

pgarfunkle
03-28-2010, 11:34 AM
They will be far safer deep striking to use heroic intervention due to the BA rule descent of angels which means they only need to roll D6 for scatter. I'm painting up a squad at the moment, which is reminding me why I prefer plastic models as they're far less delicate.

Melissia
03-28-2010, 12:44 PM
Lol... Descent of Angels was a prototype name I used for a special rule for the Adepta Sororitas dropship in my C:AS5e homebrew so long ago...

ggg
03-28-2010, 01:33 PM
I am also very carefully considering vanguard vets under the ba rules - the joy of heroic intervention coupled with much reduced scatter is pretty damn exciting plus a 1 in 6 chance of fearless and furious charge and the opportunity to have them land within proximity of sanguinary priests or characters who can further enhance stats.... wow.- I do want to check whether they can take relic blades though.

They could really annoy guard armies - swoop on a unit of ork lootas, catch a pack of elusive crisis suits - there are some great options.

I haven't got the codex in my clammy little hands yet - but that is one unit is an exciting prospect.

pgarfunkle
03-28-2010, 01:59 PM
I don't think Blood Angels get relic blades but I can't say for certain. Less than a week and we can all find out for sure though :)

lobster-overlord
03-28-2010, 02:11 PM
I've already got two 10 man units of Vanguard ready to go. Looking forward to fielding them under the new rules (they were my old Vet Assault Squads from the 3rd ed codex). I'll probably only field them as 2x5 to start, so as to allow me to play around with smaller lists.

I've been looking forward to applying as many Deep Strike options as I can. I normally start with most everything on the board, but with the new layout, DS is viable for me now.

John M>

RocketRollRebel
03-28-2010, 07:04 PM
I don't think they stack up to the old VAS. I do looooove the new troop assault marines tho and sanguinary guard might be a bit more fun.

Quaade
03-29-2010, 08:53 AM
Use the new DC plastics, you can with minimal fiddling make them into plastic vanguards, sternguards and DC of course.

Paul
03-29-2010, 04:29 PM
Unfortunately, unless I am mistaken, they don't have "Descent of Angels" under their list of special rules.

Vindur
03-29-2010, 05:25 PM
@Paul
Its in the description for jump packs. "any BA model with a jump pack gains the decent of angels special rule"

Sanguinary Dan
03-29-2010, 05:25 PM
Descent of Angels is a Blood Angels Codex wide special rule for ANY model equipped with a Jump Pack.

It's in the Wargear section's write up of the Jump Pack.