PDA

View Full Version : Khador 25pt Sorcha Tier 1 List , Thoughts?

Inquisitor Hate Machine
03-27-2010, 08:29 PM
Ok, so I jumped into this game (so much metal....)

pSorcha
Beast 09
Berzerker

4 Battle Mechanics
Widowmakers
3 Man o war bombadiers

24/25 points spent

I was just building a list out of the Starter Box + Beast 09 + whatever I can borrow from my friends.

AsgeirArnald
03-28-2010, 10:15 AM
Sorscha is a good all around caster and beast with her is always fun. I've never had much luck with berserkers, so I would switch that for a juggernaut. That would give you 25 points. If you want to keep the berserker I would add a war dog, which at 1 point is a great addition to any army.

Inquisitor Hate Machine
03-28-2010, 10:34 AM
I cant include a wardog if Im going to play 5th boarder. The jack was just an idea, I'll play a couple games with each to see what I like.

AsgeirArnald
03-28-2010, 08:40 PM
Yeah forgot about the tier. Oops.

stampdog316
03-29-2010, 06:55 PM
5th Border is epic Sorcha's tier army--if you bought the battlebox you have pSorcha. If you are just playing a casual game you could use the pSorcha for her epic version as long as your opponent was OK with it.

It is hard to argue with beast 09 with either version of Sorcha--they are a potent combination. Without knowing which version of Sorcha you want to use we can't be much help to you.

The Bezerker is a good jack in the right circumstances--I usually marshal him to prevent him blowing up. In Vlad's tier 1 list they drop to 5 points apiece.

At 25 points I usually don't play with mechanics unless I am using an insane amount of jacks but that is a personal preference. I would rather spend the 2 points on a manhunter or even the field gun depending on what else I am using.

Welcome to Warmachine; you are coming in at an exciting time.

Inquisitor Hate Machine
03-30-2010, 09:41 AM
To anything, really.

Give me a run down on pSorcha and eSorcha, how they might work in this list.
I have been eyeing the field gun, it looks useful.

I going to get the plastic Jack kit soon so I can magnetize it. I'd want to run more jacks, but not really fond of Karchev yet.

stampdog316
03-31-2010, 06:16 AM
Both versions of Sorcha work with the models you already have, but eSorcha really comes into her own when she has winterguard infantry to support. pSorcha has one of the best feats in the game even after it was toned down in mk II and is a good assassin after popping her feat and then using wind rush and or razor wind to target your opponent's caster.

You already have a nice core of warjacks; if you are looking into expanding I would pick up an infantry unit next. If you want to stay with Sorcha I would get some winterguard along with their officer and kovnik Joe.

If you want to stay jack heavy but don't want to use Karchev, you might consider pVlad. His feat is geared to getting jacks into your opponent's army quickly.