PDA

View Full Version : Dark Eldar Rumour Summary

Pages : [1] 2

eldargal
03-27-2010, 03:35 AM
Ok, Dark Eldar rumours taken from the rumour thread over at Warseer, usual caveats apply. Credit to original sources, mostly Harry. For the sake of brevity I've rewritten most parts, go to Warseer if you want to trawl through 35 pages to get the original context and whatnot.

UPDATE: 8-15-2010 (bigred)
RELEASE DATE: November, with unveiling at UK Gamesday

OVERVIEW: Harry says:

“nasty but especially nasty for that first strike”

WEAPONS: Yakface says:

All poisons are 4+
Splinter Rifle 24" SX, AP5, Rapid Fire, Poisoned.
Splinter Carbine 18" SX, AP5, Assault 3, Poisoned.
Splinter Cannon 36" SX, AP5, Assault 4, or Heavy 6 Poisoned.
Spllinter Pods are an underslung weapon for the Hellions, essentially similar to the carbine.

MINIS: Scryer in the Darkness says:

Codex
3 metal blisters
2 metal boxes
6 plastic boxes

One more thing to add, now that I've had a chance to comb through all the specialty item codes... one of them has a Dark Eldar prefix.
Specialty items are wide and varied and range from things like limited edition dice sets, basing kits, resin markers, templates and things like the L.O.S Marker Light, but they all carry non-army-specific prefixes. The only army-specific specialty item product code that springs to mind in recent memory (though I'm sure there's been others) is the resin Ork Barricades set.

Waaagh_Gonads says regarding the Dark Eldar Warriors frame:

The warriors are not striding forward and hunched over like they are about to tip over- legs are laid out in a wide stance and the models are much, much better proportioned than the old ones, so no more legs that go all the way up and tiny torsos.
Helmets and non helmeted heads included.
Non helmeted head has a high ponytail.
Ribs/shards of bone poke through loincloths and the ponytail.
The helmets are pretty much identical to the above pic, but with lumps/gems over the ears/temples.
From behind the helmets look exactly like eldar guardian ones.
There is a gem/soulstone on the left chest armour- not the shoulder armour piece as per the above pic.
This is where you have to use your imagination as the pic doesn't show it: On the back there is a backpack that looks like it started as an eldar backpack but does not stick out as far, has vestigal 'vanes' compared to the eldar one (so doesn't stick up above the shoulder) and most excellently down the centre of the backpack, it is recessed with scaled armour over the spine (triangular scales with points downwards)
A high collar that flanges out
Rifle is almost exactly the same as the pic for the base model, even down to the jagged bit that pokes up in front of the warriors abdomen in the pic. There is a variant with what looks to be crossbow arms sticking out laterally (ends up looking like a mini anchor)
Attachable Loincloths (variable designs) One has a skull, one a hook on them.
As per the pic, greaves over the lower legs, then knee pads and scales over the upper legs, with points upwards.
Knife scabbard, 2 'rods' and 2 small sachels on the 'utility belt' posteriorly
Blades of differing lengths and size on various armour parts, primarily lower legs and shoulder pads.
Curved knife HW available.
Attachable blades for the end of splinter rifle.

24 Feb – 27 Mar

•Dark Eldar not Necrons for late 2010 (ColonalKlink, OP, source GW employee)
•Harry indicates complete revisit, rules to do justice to a brand new snazzy model range. Every model redone. Release probable within 12 months.
•Harry ‘wouldn’t be surprised’ to see Gamesday announcement.
•Possible Christmas release. (others mention October-November)
•Harry certain they are coming this time, not certain of when.
•GW committed best resources to DE revisit, including Jes Goodwin as head sculptor
•GW expects DE to be popular and sell well if they do a decent job this time.
•New range described as ‘mind-numbingly’ awesome, unclear if this is from eye witness account or wishful thinking.
•New range to be released in waves, not all waves in production or ready for production.
•Mix of plastic and metal models, no all plastic plans.
•Harry confident of his accuracy re DE.
•“I don't think GW would consider the work of their finest to be any risk at all. The studio have always been of the mindset that if they make the very best toy soldiers they can ... folks will buy them.

There has been no waffle and no delay.

When they have said anything at all they have said very clearly what is going on and why. They have said things like: 'We are doing Dark Eldar', "We have asked Jes to have a crack at them', 'The whole range needs attention', 'It is a big project and we are going to give it the time it deserves', 'We are going to give Jes the time he needs to nail them' There has been no waffle or ambiguity in any statements I have heard about this project ... in fact they have been more open and up front about the development of this project than almost any other., 'They will be released when they are done' 'This won't be for a while'.” “They will not be pushed back, nor will they be late.
They will, much like a wizard, arrive exactly when they are supposed to.”
•DE team given as much time as they need to get things right
•Plastic wyches, old sculpts ‘being burnt as we speak’. Implies new aesthetic.

Necron_Lord
03-27-2010, 08:30 AM
Interesting about the change in aestheic for the Wyches. Does that imply a change in their fluff as well? I've been thinking that Wyches are going to be more like their fantasy counterparts after Planetfall came out with the description of the Dark Eldar strategem - Hellish cacophony.

"The amplified shrieks of the crazed worshippers of Khaine and the screaming of the damned grows ever louder, robbing mortal men of their wits."

I also wonder if DE will have some Avatar variant if cults of Khaine are going to figure prominantly in the new DE fluff? I'm looking forward to hearing more as the release comes closer.

Harry
03-27-2010, 10:12 AM
Good round up although some of the meaning is lost as what I said was often in joking replys to other posters.

There was no implication implied. :D
Some other guy said 'you can burn the wytches for all I care' and I was just joshing along with him.

On one of your points. I do not think I have said all the models are done. I have said from what I know of where the models are at .... I think they are coming soon. (Within next 12 months possibly by GD UK)

eldargal
03-27-2010, 10:25 AM
Thanks. Originally I tried to keep some of the banter for context but the round up ran to about 12 pages so I decided to summarise, unfortunately this meant sacrificing specificity.:)
Hm, I thought you said most sculpts were nearing readiness, my bad.

Good round up although some of the meaning is lost as what I said was often in joking replys to other posters.

There was no implication implied. :D
Some other guy said 'you can burn the wytches for all I care' and I was just joshing along with him.

On one of your points. I do not think I have said all the models are done. I have said from what I know of where the models are at .... I think they are coming soon. (Within next 12 months possibly by GD UK)

Harry
03-27-2010, 12:22 PM
OK but you say in your first post that they come in waves and not all waves are done.

person person
03-27-2010, 02:55 PM
This is great news, I'm confident Jes will do the range justice but I wonder about the fluff though. I'd like to see some notable battles they've been in and alot more special characters too.

eldargal
03-27-2010, 04:36 PM
I've cleaned up the offending point, I think. Blonde and thus easily confused.:rolleyes:

OK but you say in your first post that they come in waves and not all waves are done.

BDub
03-28-2010, 12:09 AM
That last bullet point is just outright false.

But I am looking forward to new DE. I have always thought that it was the crappy models and the lack of support that made them a failure for so many years. This revisit is well deserved.

eldargal
03-28-2010, 12:39 AM
Outright false? Which part are you referring too? The plastic wyches, which have been mentioned in several rumours and seem quite likely given the proliferation of plastic elite units? Or the implied aesthetic, which Harry has already clarified that he meant no implication, I just picked up on it through choice of words (and probably some wishful thinking:rolleyes:).
Outright false is pretty strong words for a rumour regardless, unless you have some hard information you would like to share with us?

Edit: Sorry if this comes accross as sounding confrontational, it wasn't intended.

That last bullet point is just outright false.

But I am looking forward to new DE. I have always thought that it was the crappy models and the lack of support that made them a failure for so many years. This revisit is well deserved.

ragnarcissist
03-28-2010, 02:10 AM
whos writing the codex? i heard phil kelly....

rbryce
03-28-2010, 02:55 AM
according to rumours, phill kelly is writing all the upcoming dexs lol. it doesnt matter who does it as long as its done.

eldargal
03-28-2010, 03:12 AM
The rumours also say that he will be writing the GK codex, I'm not sure he can do both at once.:)
As for DE, no one seems to have any firm idea, or be admitting to it if they do. Names mention include Jervis Johnson, Matt Ward, Robin Cruddace and Gavin thorpe (yes really).
Edit: Update, Atherakhia on warseer claims a blue shirt told him Phil Kelly was definitely writing the new DE codex. Usual warnings about rumours apply.

according to rumours, phill kelly is writing all the upcoming dexs lol. it doesnt matter who does it as long as its done.

DarkLink
03-28-2010, 09:51 AM
The rumours also say that he will be writing the GK codex, I'm not sure he can do both at once.:)
As for DE, no one seems to have any firm idea, or be admitting to it if they do. Names mention include Jervis Johnson, Matt Ward, Robin Cruddace and Gavin thorpe (yes really).
Edit: Update, Atherakhia on warseer claims a blue shirt told him Phil Kelly was definitely writing the new DE codex. Usual warnings about rumours apply.

Phil kelly might have already written the new codex. It's sounded like some of the DE stuff's been done for a little while, and they just need to print the codex and release it. Now, printing can take months, as publishing is a lengthy process, so they couldn't just release the codex whenever they felt like it. But I think Phil wrote the DE codex, then moved on to the GK codex. At least, that would make sense. I don't actually know that.

eldargal
03-28-2010, 04:31 PM
I hope you are right, I liked Phil Kelly's Eldar Codex and I think having the same chap do the Dark Eldar codex makes a lot of sense.

Phil kelly might have already written the new codex. It's sounded like some of the DE stuff's been done for a little while, and they just need to print the codex and release it. Now, printing can take months, as publishing is a lengthy process, so they couldn't just release the codex whenever they felt like it. But I think Phil wrote the DE codex, then moved on to the GK codex. At least, that would make sense. I don't actually know that.

Skulltaker
03-29-2010, 12:52 PM
Wow those are great news !!!
I hope they don't screw up the line and make it "family friendly"... (no combat drugs, no naked slaves and so on...)

Curk39
04-01-2010, 08:44 PM
What is generally known is this:
That they are coming at some point, the wheels are in motion.
That GW is spending alot on them so a) it makes alot of money, and b) so it revitalizes the race like with orks.
People who say they should be squatted don't play dark eldar or do and are really forgetfull.
That they are possibly next some people say it is the =][= next, but they're assumed to be before necrons.

What is being said or is likely is:

Wyches will come out is plastic.
the race is being tied in with the eldar much morewith back story and possbily unit wise (like space marines devestators and chaos havocs).
Raiders and ravengers are being redesigned and put in the same box set.
madrake get a squad leader and possibley poison weapons.
That the whole lot is being done fromscratch so every thing i just said canbe wrong.

What can be guessed is this: (the following is only guess and speculated not fact)

It is mention in planetry strike that they worship khanie, this could simply be an acciedent (the person in charge of fluff got confused with fantasy dark elves) though it could imply use of an avatar (not the blue kind).
In the rule book a picture is shown drak eldar killing guard (like most teams fluff does) and there several hunched backs could be grotesques or slave unit or both.

Look at the trend other books most lower level versions of characters are being dropped, such as imperial officers, chaos leiutenats ect. This could include drachons and drachites. and Haemonculus might follow one of two paths, become major HQ choice, like with comissars, or be made squad leaders for grotesques, like brood lords.
Many character aren't HQ choices but squad up grades like lukas the trickster, the changling and tank commanders. This could possible be true for the decaptor, drazhar and maybe but hopefully not vect.
Many restricitions are being taken out such are the chaos codex (don't make say any more it's to sad to talk about) so things like no talos in a wych cult army couldl be lifted.
Certain HQ choices can allow you take certain units as troops (as with Logan grimmar and wolf guard or big meks and deff dreads), this could be true for dark eldar, Archite wyches as troops, haemonculus, grotesques are troops.

Melissia
04-01-2010, 09:02 PM
I have no idea why people have such problems spelling ravage or ravagers.

harrybuttwhisker
04-02-2010, 11:10 AM
The sooner this comes the better i've been holding off adding to my cabal for far too long

Bigred
04-02-2010, 12:38 PM
Eldargal, I officially dub thee "Librarian of the Dark Eldar Rumor Thread" Update and protect it well.

DarkLink
04-02-2010, 08:46 PM
I hope they don't screw up the line and make it "family friendly"... (no combat drugs, no naked slaves and so on...)

Hmmm, if you can't live without naked slaves in the DE codex... that's kinda creepy :p

eldargal
04-02-2010, 11:08 PM
Will do, though I think things will be rather quiet in the aftermath of the april fools thing at Warseer. On the bright side, Harry said he stands by everything he said re DE priot to April Fool's, DE are coming.

Eldargal, I officially dub thee "Librarian of the Dark Eldar Rumor Thread" Update
and protect it well.

Skulltaker
04-03-2010, 07:46 AM
Hmmm, if you can't live without naked slaves in the DE codex... that's kinda creepy :p

I COULD live without naked slaves - but hey I need at least one thing to cheer up my life ;)

DarkLink
04-03-2010, 07:13 PM
I COULD live without naked slaves - but hey I need at least one thing to cheer up my life ;)

If nothing else you could convert from Khorne to Slaanesh, lol

Melissia
04-03-2010, 07:54 PM
If naked slave miniatures are the only thing that cheers your life up, I'm not sure it's worth cheering up >.>

Shovan
04-04-2010, 05:37 AM
What I had heard from my local GW shop is that the Dark Eldar are due in August and the Codex and Models are already complete.

Again this is all hear-say. But that is what I heard.

DarkLink
04-04-2010, 01:14 PM
From what I understand, the models and codex may have been finished for a little while, and GW's just been waiting for the right time to get production started on it. Makes an August release seem fully possible.

Melissia
04-04-2010, 01:16 PM
Right, that goes along with what I've heard as well.

BuFFo
04-04-2010, 07:48 PM

You're joking, right?

I hope Dark Eldar are more deeply written and fleshed out at being 40k's most evil army, again :)

Beta_Ray_Bill
04-04-2010, 07:55 PM
I really wouldn't mind playing them, the current models are just a big turn off. A friend and long time player saw something, a weapon specifically, that he doesn't really remember being in the codex, but was in the reference section of the 5th ed rulebook. Has anyone else picked up on this, or is he mistaken?

DarkLink
04-04-2010, 08:55 PM
You're joking, right?

I hope Dark Eldar are more deeply written and fleshed out at being 40k's most evil army, again :)

I think "most depraved" would be a better phrase to describe the DE.

BuFFo
04-04-2010, 11:39 PM
I think "most depraved" would be a better phrase to describe the DE.

-while getting flogged by seven leather bound midgets-

I wouldn't know what you are talking about. :(

RocketRollRebel
04-05-2010, 06:41 AM

I'd be very fine with that. Phil Kelly writes a good codex, DE deserve it after the wait.

DarkLink
04-05-2010, 10:48 AM
Maybe our resident DE player will actually start breaking out his army more now. I've only see him play it, like, 3 times, and I've never faced it myself.

Of course, I think one of the big reasons he doesn't play it too often is because he doesn't like the models.

I'd be very fine with that. Phil Kelly writes a good codex, DE deserve it after the wait.

I prefer Kelly to Ward. The new BA codex has quite a few little details that make me think WTF? For example, both of Tycho's profiles are exactly the same cost. Yet, the Death Company version is significantly better. He pretty much looses Rites of Battle, but gains FNP, +1WS, Furious Charge, and more. Sure, he may be more difficult to control due to Rage, but really? I must be missing something.

And what's up with all of those 1pt searchlights? Why did they stop including those automatically?

The codex is fine overall, but some of the details make me wonder...:rolleyes:

Farmer
04-05-2010, 06:51 PM
What is that codex...it's DE :p

Arhra
04-05-2010, 06:58 PM
Damn, good eyes.

Looks like maybe a new Raider on the cover? Really hard to tell though. Can anyone enhance that?

Do you know where this pic came from? I've seen it here and on Dakka

Farmer
04-05-2010, 07:01 PM

Farmer
04-05-2010, 07:07 PM
. Can anyone enhance that?

get on windows paint and zoom in, at first i didn't even think it was DE until i saw the codex and that artwork picture.:)

Shagrath
04-05-2010, 07:07 PM
A codex cover without primary colors *gasp*

eldargal
04-05-2010, 08:49 PM
I don't do this often, but *SQUEE*

Nicer cover art than the old one, I hope that is a good sign.

DarkLink
04-06-2010, 12:11 AM
I'm pretty sure that picture's been around for a long time...

crazy_irish
04-06-2010, 03:54 AM
I though the Cover was the Picture of the Gateway to Commoragh....

well at least thats what i'm seeing on the picture.

gcsmith
04-06-2010, 05:08 AM
That black and white pic is old. :p

Arhra
04-06-2010, 05:18 AM
Yeah, I think someone just colored in that pic and passed it off as the new codex. Pretty clever.

What's with people messing with Dark Eldar players lately? Rough week.

eldargal
04-06-2010, 05:27 AM
Do codices always get a new piece of artwork for their cover? I've not noticed that before.

joescalise
04-06-2010, 05:55 AM
they need a new codex, almost every 40k novel atleast talks about them or has them in there as raiders or something. It would be great to get a new codex and some figs that look great.

Farmer
04-06-2010, 02:10 PM
That black and white pic is old. :p
http://i43.tinypic.com/23kutzl.jpg

Arhra
04-06-2010, 02:27 PM
Seems fan made.

Why would GW use existing art as a codex cover? Plus GW usually chooses a central character in covers.

eldargal
04-07-2010, 08:33 PM
Harry 'knows for sure' that:

Dark Eldar are coming.
Phil Kelly has completed the book.
The whole range is NOT done yet but the first wave IS done. - Harry

However I think you have said this yet, It's like a deja vu for me.

No, didn't know this for sure last time I posted. - Harry

Arhra
04-08-2010, 05:35 AM
Awesome. I heard rumors of Phil Kelly writing it, nice to see it confirmed by Harry.

Hopefully we're next and not Grey Knights. Either way, at least we're soon.

Commissar Lewis
04-08-2010, 05:49 AM
Honestly I like the DE fluff and style.

Might take up them in the future, when I have cash enough to support another army.

Bigred
04-08-2010, 07:46 AM
Latest tidbits we've heard:

-Most units in the army are fleet
-Army emphasizes heavy offense and can cause great damage the turn it arrives on table, but is extremely fragile
-Units have various methods of "powering up" and becoming more powerful during the game as they rack up enemy kills
-Harlequins are in

Arhra
04-08-2010, 08:23 AM

-Army emphasizes heavy offense and can cause great damage the turn it arrives on table, but is extremely fragile
-Units have various methods of "powering up" and becoming more powerful during the game as they rack up enemy kills
-Harlequins are in

All of that sounds good to me, I'm glad harlies are in... means they are not going to make us Chaos Eldar.

Has it become any clearer on which codex is next?

Mkvenner
04-08-2010, 08:30 AM

-Harlequins are in

Well those all sound grand and juicy. I must say I have always had a soft spot for the DE, I am hoping that they are released by the end of this year so they become a Christmas objective. I like the power ups fueled by kills idea and Harlies sound very interesting.

I am curious as to how these rumours were brought to the fore, I mean they sounds kinda understood, minus the last and second to last. Either way I am happy to see them get a release that is well deserved. Not to mention the smashing lineup they have for the DE army as a whole, Phil Kelly is writing it, Jes is sculpting it and I could not be more happier unless say the Warriors and Raiders are indeed first wave and amazing.

BuFFo
04-08-2010, 08:30 AM
-Harlequins are in

Ugh....

This either means they will be better than Wyches, which means no reason for Wyches, or be worse than Wyches, which means no reason for Harlies, since at the moment, both units fill the exact same role.

eldargal
04-08-2010, 08:32 AM
One would hope Harlequins are made to fulfill a different role in the army than Wyches, though until we know for sure I share your concern.

Ugh....

This either means they will be better than Wyches, which means no reason for Wyches, or be worse than Wyches, which means no reason for Harlies, since at the moment, both units fill the exact same role.

Mkvenner
04-08-2010, 08:40 AM
Unless Phil figures a way to differentiate purpose. He could make wyches have alot of attacks with poison for horde opponents, and tailor the Harlequins towards MEQ's.

Just my thought.

I mean GW has been notorious for making two units do the same thing, which makes you choose down to aesthetics and taste. I will say that with Harlequins and Wyches, this will be a difficult decision.

Oxeed II
04-08-2010, 08:58 AM
Maybe that we'll be able to take wyches as troops with a SC. Or maybe that Harley will be stronger but more expansive and their unit will be smaller.
Harley with the shadowseer are a good counter-charge unit, Wyches are better in assault role.
There are a lot of ways to give to these two units different role.

Mkvenner
04-08-2010, 09:11 AM
Maybe that we'll be able to take wyches as troops with a SC. Or maybe that Harley will be stronger but more expansive and their unit will be smaller.
Harley with the shadowseer are a good counter-charge unit, Wyches are better in assault role.
There are a lot of ways to give to these two units different role.

Yeah that is what I was thinking of along those lines. I think thats what will happen.

Bigred
04-08-2010, 08:06 PM
I for one am really happy about the Harly rumors, as it justified by fluff. Heck if they ever made an Exodite codex in 20 years, Harlys should be in it as well.

The more interesting thing would be what the unit says about the background of the Harlys. If every codex has a cookie cutter Harly entry, then we assume the Troups stay pretty much the same and move from place to place through the webway. If the unit entry is divergent, then we have the concept of specialization or sects occuring within the Troupes as they tailor themselves to their audiences.

A win for us fluff nutters either way.

Shovan
04-09-2010, 03:58 AM
Well, I got a new tid-bit of information today. my friend from the local GW shop who had told me DE are due in August told me just today that Dark Eldar are now due this Summer and Grey Knights are due in August.

Quaade
04-09-2010, 04:20 AM
Well, I got a new tid-bit of information today. my friend from the local GW shop who had told me DE are due in August told me just today that Dark Eldar are now due this Summer and Grey Knights are due in August.

That sounds unlikely. We have O&G in may, Spearhead in June, something fantasy in July and then again WH40k in August.

Lately GW's schedule has been WHFB->WH40K->WHFB->WH40K->ect.

eldargal
04-11-2010, 04:03 AM
Some new rumours:

DE will be the next codex release
Wyches and Warriors will be the troops choices.
Ravager kit currently going into production (3d imaging and spru preperation at present)
New vehicle choices.

Gir
04-11-2010, 06:23 AM
If they look like they do in the 40k rul book, I'll definatly start an army.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_A8bZUPrO8dk/SZ_iI6L7RXI/AAAAAAAAAZE/IZm0z-dr5wk/s320/darkeldar.jpg

eldargal
04-11-2010, 06:39 AM
Indeed, I'm really hoping the warriors get a big make over. Can't stand the current sculpts, though I understand some people do. That rulebook image is nice and sleek, with an acceptable amount of spikes.

eldargal
04-14-2010, 09:40 AM
An apparently reliable source over at Dakkadakka has said that the Codex: Dark Eldar has been sent to the printers. Healthy skepticism etc. Harry seems to agree (I say seems to, I don't want to misquote the chap and I just drank a gallonf of ale so I may be missing something).

/head pop

DE playing brother just shot me in the back of the head with a champagne cork while shouting "Oh god yes, they are coming this time, **** yes". Because nothing says DE like Pol Roger.

DarkLink
04-14-2010, 05:24 PM
That would be on schedule for the rumored release, since printing and such takes quite a while.

Shagrath
04-14-2010, 09:18 PM
Hmm wonder when the sudden deluge of actual info will hit us?

eldargal
04-14-2010, 09:58 PM
Well, it depends when the release date is. Some people are saying August, and claim that the rumours that have the DE codex at the printers two months ago help confirm that, given a 6 month date from printing to release. Others say it just arrived at the printers, pointing to an October release on the same (apparently established) premise.

What is a codex by Phil Kelly and sculpts by Jes Goodwin if not a recipe for greatness?:rolleyes:

Edit: Is there some kind of medal for trawling through hundreds and hundredsof comments on several different forums looking for DE rumours? "DE aren't getting a codex, nubs! Ok, they are getting a codex but Matt Ward will write it and it will suck. alright, so Phil Kelly is writing it. I bet it doesn't sell well cos no one has ever heard of DE". Gah.

Bigred
04-14-2010, 10:31 PM
For your tireless services to the Lounge, we grant you a well deserved custom title. Rise Autarch!

DarkLink
04-14-2010, 10:33 PM
Edit: Is there some kind of medal for trawling through hundreds and hundredsof comments on several different forums looking for DE rumours? "DE aren't getting a codex, nubs! Ok, they are getting a codex but Matt Ward will write it and it will suck. alright, so Phil Kelly is writing it. I bet it doesn't sell well cos no one has ever heard of DE". Gah.

Heh, I'm pretty sure in just about every other DE rumor thread I've seen up till very recently, every other post is something to the effect of "I'll believe it when I see it".

eldargal
04-14-2010, 10:35 PM
Wow.:o And I was just having a whinge, too. Group hug!

For your tireless services to the Lounge, we grant you a well deserved custom title. Rise Autarch!

Which is a healthy attitude, I have no problem with it. But this whole 'DE are going to be squatted' is anathema to me. You don't ask your best sculptor to work on a whole new range of miniatures, just to remove them from the universe.

Heh, I'm pretty sure in just about every other DE rumor thread I've seen up till very recently, every other post is something to the effect of "I'll believe it when I see it".

Deej
04-18-2010, 05:22 AM
http://i43.tinypic.com/23kutzl.jpg

There's one fundamental flaw in that photo - we don't really have Mountain Dew in Britain, and soft drinks certainly don't come in cans that shape.

gcsmith
04-18-2010, 07:32 AM
Actually u can get it in britain, I get it all the time, also It comes that shape. So that wouldnt be the lack of authroity, 2 other things scream that, microphone, why would u need that on a work pc in gw?

DarkLink
04-18-2010, 12:30 PM
It looks like a headset for phone call. Maybe they do customer service? Or lots of conference calls?

Edit: And congrats, Eldargal. Custom rank? I'm jealous :D

Melissia
04-18-2010, 01:28 PM
As am I. I should have the rank Abbess Sanctorum :( Don't want to be Chapter Master >.>

DarkLink
04-18-2010, 04:43 PM
I seem to recall one of our local gamers who went to adepticon meeting someone who had seen some of the new models, or at least sculpts. Or something like that. I'll have to remember to ask him about it. Incidentally, he is our only DE player.

As am I. I should have the rank Abbess Sanctorum :( Don't want to be Chapter Master >.>

I like the sound of Grandmaster DarkLink :D

Vindur
04-21-2010, 11:11 AM
The other option for harliquins to make them different from wyches would be to give DE a different harli unit for example a solitaire

Sister Rosette Soulknyt
04-21-2010, 09:46 PM
If DE work out with great rules, new line of miniatures i just may start a new army of these scantly clad dark eldar.

I like the malicous nature behind them. And as a painter i would love to try my hand at any new characters they bring out.

BuFFo
04-22-2010, 12:05 AM
The new DE codex needs an R rating.

HsojVvad
04-22-2010, 12:37 PM
The new DE codex needs an R rating.

Well seeing how the deamonettes got covered up, I don't see the DE needing an R rating. I think we might be disapointed at how PG the DE might be.

archimbald
04-22-2010, 02:53 PM
i dont think the raider and ravager will be in the same box. that means it about 25ish quid for a basic transport compared to a normally priced,considerably better armoured on at £18ish one

BuFFo
04-23-2010, 09:14 AM
i dont think the raider and ravager will be in the same box. that means it about 25ish quid for a basic transport compared to a normally priced,considerably better armoured on at £18ish one

I hope they are, the difference is only two extra pieces, unless both models are different, and the Ravager is no longer open-topped.

Mr. Smith
04-23-2010, 10:16 AM
I hope they are, the difference is only two extra pieces, unless both models are different, and the Ravager is no longer open-topped.

God, wouldn't that be amazing, maybe a boost in armor too?

Lerra
04-23-2010, 10:39 AM
I'd prefer not - keep it cheap, fragile, and full of guns. It seems like GW is on board with keeping DE as a powerful alpha-strike glass canon army. A ravager with closed-top AV13 and one gun would not be a ravager.

DarkLink
04-23-2010, 10:54 AM
I'd prefer not - keep it cheap, fragile, and full of guns. It seems like GW is on board with keeping DE as a powerful alpha-strike glass canon army. A ravager with closed-top AV13 and one gun would not be a ravager.

It would be a flying predator, though:D.

BuFFo
04-23-2010, 11:17 AM
A ravager with closed-top AV13 and one gun would not be a ravager.

I never said anything of the sort lol.

I just said get rid of open-topped.

It would be a AV 11 3 Gun toting Heavy Support vehicle still... :p

Melissia
04-23-2010, 11:17 AM
WHich is suitable for Marines, Sisters, or maybe Tau.

Lerra
04-23-2010, 11:47 AM
Still, I like the idea of keeping it dirt cheap and fragile. Maybe give it an upgrade option that would make it closed-topped.

I wouldn't be too surprised to see squadrons of cheap Ravagers in the new dex.

BuFFo
04-23-2010, 12:28 PM
Still, I like the idea of keeping it dirt cheap and fragile. Maybe give it an upgrade option that would make it closed-topped.

I wouldn't be too surprised to see squadrons of cheap Ravagers in the new dex.

Ugh.... I am getting tired of this 3 per slot crap everyone is getting. I know it is a ploy to sell more models, but I don't know....

I agree with the option to be closed topped. That would be cool.

eldargal
04-25-2010, 09:12 PM
Someone on Warseer had a little chat with Jervis Johnson and mentioned he was a Dark Eldar player, to which Mr Johnson replied:

"Well your going to be happy, but not for a little while yet. But when you do see them, they'll blow your socks off"

Not exactly a rumour, I admit, but exciting nonetheless.:)

DarkLink
04-25-2010, 11:45 PM
That would sound consistent with a Grey Knight release followed by a DE release, which I've seen a few hints at on other places. BB on Heresy Online is convinced GKs are first, while most other sources are either uncertain or won't tell yet.

I did see on the Grey Knight forum that we might get an official announcement in about a week and a half or so. First week of may sometime. So we might not have to speculate for much longer.

ShadowDeth
04-27-2010, 03:30 PM
That would sound consistent with a Grey Knight release followed by a DE release, which I've seen a few hints at on other places. BB on Heresy Online is convinced GKs are first, while most other sources are either uncertain or won't tell yet.

I did see on the Grey Knight forum that we might get an official announcement in about a week and a half or so. First week of may sometime. So we might not have to speculate for much longer.

So you really, honestly think the release schedule is going to be Space Wolves, Tyranids, Blood Angels, Grey Knights?

Are Black Templar and Dark Angels next after?

HsojVvad
04-27-2010, 04:08 PM
I still don't think GK are after BA. Maybe Tau, or ]I[ or some non other SM, mabye SoB? GK after what ever is Non SM release. Since many people are saying DE are not ready yet, maybe they will be after GK. Why they are not ready I don't have a clue.

SoB are not considered SM correct? If this is the case, then I can see them being released in the summer, or Tau or the ]I[.

DarkLink
04-27-2010, 09:17 PM
So you really, honestly think the release schedule is going to be Space Wolves, Tyranids, Blood Angels, Grey Knights?

Are Black Templar and Dark Angels next after?

I still don't think GK are after BA. Maybe Tau, or ]I[ or some non other SM, mabye SoB? GK after what ever is Non SM release. Since many people are saying DE are not ready yet, maybe they will be after GK. Why they are not ready I don't have a clue.

SoB are not considered SM correct? If this is the case, then I can see them being released in the summer, or Tau or the ]I[.

At this point, we pretty much know for a fact that the next two codices are GKs and DE. We're not sure which is first, but as hsojvvad mentioned, there are hints that DE might be second.

Theres absolutely nothing about Tau as far as I've heard, nor any other army at the point aside from Necrons. And all the rumors about Necrons point to early next year, and that they will be after DE and GKs.

So, yeah, I do think GKs are next, though DE might still come first. Regardless, I think that the release schedule will look like this: IG, SW, 'nidz, BA, GKs, DE, Necrons, and so on. You need to remember that GW doesn't think short term with these things. There's no reason to believe that they are dedicated to an Imperium-Non Imperium-Imperium schedule, as they have broken it fairly frequently in the past. It just happens that roughly half the codices are Imperium, and GW tries to spread them out, so roughly every other codex is Imperium (which means that almost every other codex is a SM codex). They can, and have, released back to back Imperium codices before.

Now, past Necrons I've heard a whisper of Black Templar, but I'm not sure if any of that can be accredited to reliable sources. It could just be wishful thinking on part of someone who doesn't know anything. There have also been numerous rumors that some have thought to refer to DA, but each and every one has been explicitly stated to be about GKs instead by the original sources. Meaning there's nothing about Dark Angels out there right now as far as I know.

Shagrath
04-27-2010, 09:41 PM
Darklink speaks truths...Breaking patterns is rare but it does occur (and thusly will inspire many arguments among the community.)

Current rumors about gk being next were kinda murky but from Jervis himself

Bigred
04-29-2010, 12:37 AM
Based on current latest scuttlebutt, I'm putting DE ahead of GK at 70/30 odds...

In any case the educated guess for the next 40k codex slot would be either August or October.

DarkLink
04-29-2010, 08:38 AM
Based on current latest scuttlebutt, I'm putting DE ahead of GK at 70/30 odds...

In any case the educated guess for the next 40k codex slot would be either August or October.

From what I've heard, it's the exact opposite;

Originally Posted by Daemon Prince Adramalech
The denzins of Comorragh will have to stay in the shadows for just a little while longer i'm afraid :cool:

Shagrath
04-29-2010, 11:29 AM
Kinda sad there is more waiting...well...October isn't too far away...and it's kinda ironic for such a release.

Arhra
04-29-2010, 11:32 AM
From what I've heard, it's the exact opposite

womp womp :(

I guess I have a few more months to catch up on painting.

DarkLink
04-29-2010, 02:21 PM
Yeah, don't want to be a downer, but I've seen DPA on warseer and BB on Heresy Online both hinting that GKs will be first. Actually, BB's entierly upfront about it. DPA isn't as direct, but he's said things like "GKs are very soon," then followed up with "DE will be waiting a bit longer".

Most of the other sources I've seen are pretty much neutral. Harry's stated that he does not know yet for certain.

Regardless, I'd like to believe the rumor that we will get an announcement roughly sometime next week. So, hopefully, we may find out pretty soon.

Arhra
04-29-2010, 02:38 PM
Yeah, don't want to be a downer, but I've seen DPA on warseer and BB on Heresy Online both hinting that GKs will be first. Actually, BB's entierly upfront about it. DPA isn't as direct, but he's said things like "GKs are very soon," then followed up with "DE will be waiting a bit longer".

Most of the other sources I've seen are pretty much neutral. Harry's stated that he does not know yet for certain.

Regardless, I'd like to believe the rumor that we will get an announcement roughly sometime next week. So, hopefully, we may find out pretty soon.

Yeah, I've come to the same conclusions as you.

DPA and BB have been saying Grey Knights for awhile. I don't see anyone confidently saying DE are next.

DarkLink
04-29-2010, 06:34 PM
I'll just quickly add that these are things I've heard online. I'm not blessed with any secret knowlege. Just perhaps an ability to remember all the rumors that reach my ears:cool:.

Arhra
04-30-2010, 07:37 AM
DPA and BB have been saying Grey Knights for awhile. I don't see anyone confidently saying DE are next.

Well, shoot. Things just got interesting:

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/292253.page

:eek:

DarkLink
04-30-2010, 08:41 AM

Indeed. Though I think that there's some agreement that the de models are pretty much finished, and GW is just waiting to award them a spot.

Actually just had a thought. GW may want to release the DE after GKs, because august is immediately preceded by 8th ed fantasy. I think that GKs will need much less advertising and such to sell very well, so GW won't have a problem with any overlap there. However, GW will want to hype up the DE release to try and keep it from flopping like the original did, and to do this they may have decided not to overlap with the 8th ed fantasy release.

Steve LeViking
04-30-2010, 09:27 AM
If it is all done right, october would be fine for a release.
Might I remind everyone of the "scarey" night at the end of the month... GW would be able to use that to boost the feel of the D Eldar... can't wait.

I will still be using a good number of my older models until they get slowly replaced... I can always try out paint schemes and use them to be new "test-model-Schmick"s.

I loved the DE when they came out the first time. It took me about 6 months of playing before I got the feel for them. After that, I never lost. giggity

Legoklods
04-30-2010, 09:59 AM

So we will see DE by august... interesting.
I suppose that untill that point everything will be WHFB special when the new rulebook hits us (hard (in the face))
:rolleyes:

DarkLink
04-30-2010, 11:32 AM
So we will see DE by august... interesting.
I suppose that untill that point everything will be WHFB special when the new rulebook hits us (hard (in the face))
:rolleyes:

I wouldn't settle down for a date on either DE or GK yet. The post above, while recent, doesn't appear to state a reliable release date. He does say that he suspects they will be out in August, but that part sounded like his opinion rather than a rumor from his source.

Right now, I'm seeing more of a push at the moment. Several sources say GKs first, a few others like this hint at DE first, so I think I'm just going to wait for an announcement (which I hear we will get one in a week or two).

BuFFo
04-30-2010, 11:52 AM
It is going to be fun crushing all the new DE players in my local area (both in fun and competitive play) with my 12 years of DE experience and old models. :p

Yes, I am being a douche, but oh well.. :cool:

I just hope there is something interesting in store for a Heamonculi Coven. DE can make three separate armies, flavor wise, at the moment. I hope GW stuck and expanded with this format for the new codex.

Archon for Cabal
Archite for Cult
Heamonculi for Coven

Bigred
04-30-2010, 12:24 PM
Are you drooling yet Buffo?

Your time is coming at long last!

DarkLink
04-30-2010, 01:36 PM

So long as they don't take away the ability to fit, like 50 dark lances in a 1000pt army, I think he will be. A completely redone codex always has a lot of potential.

BuFFo
04-30-2010, 02:53 PM

Ugh....

I am censored as to what I can say I am doing at the moment over the impending release of the Dark Eldar.

To many, it is basically a brand new army, with a brand new play style.

To a rare few, like me, the rumors and coming release of the Dark Eldar is just another source of porn for me to read on the toilet.

Just the fact that ALL rumors so far seem to point to a revamp and upgrade of the current book, which is what most of the DE players I see online have been wishing for since 2006, when rumors first started popping up about DE, is the reason my pants are so tight.

GW seems to want to keep the current play style of the army, and I could not be any harde, um, happier!!

GLEE!!!!!!

DarkLink
05-02-2010, 06:13 PM
According to Harry, those new models here (http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/292253.page) did not come from the new warrior sprue. He implied that what is mentioned was a set of test sprues, and did not say whether or not the final DE warrior sprues were completed or not, though it sounded like they might be.

This also leads me to believe that Waaagh_Gonads' statement of DE in august was one of personal opinion, rather than something he heard from GW.

Madness
05-02-2010, 06:15 PM
Dude, don't use http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/images/visioncollison/editor/underline.gif, ever.

DarkLink
05-02-2010, 07:50 PM
Maybe I like messing with people:p.

Archonate
05-03-2010, 02:43 PM
According to Harry, those new models here (http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/292253.page) did not come from the new warrior sprue. He implied that what is mentioned was a set of test sprues, and did not say whether or not the final DE warrior sprues were completed or not, though it sounded like they might be.

This also leads me to believe that Waaagh_Gonads' statement of DE in august was one of personal opinion, rather than something he heard from GW.
The real question is why does Harry think he knows what Gonads saw? Gonads posted later reconfirming that he was told they "are assembled from the new Warrior sprue"... quite specifically. Kinda makes it look like Harry was saying stuff to get a bit of spotlight.

As for an August release... Who can really say at this point? It is absolutely possible.

DarkLink
05-03-2010, 06:58 PM
Well, we're expecting something in August. We just don't know if it's GKs or DE yet.

And I'm fairly certain that Harry has more street cred than Gonads, though I could be wrong. So between the two, I'd stick with Harry, personally.

Melissia
05-03-2010, 07:00 PM
Also we've gotten several recent rumors about an upcoming GK/Inquisition release being sooner than the DE one...

BuFFo
05-03-2010, 09:56 PM
Well, we're expecting something in August. We just don't know if it's GKs or DE yet.

And I'm fairly certain that Harry has more street cred than Gonads, though I could be wrong. So between the two, I'd stick with Harry, personally.

-snicker-

Harry Gonads.....

Archonate
05-03-2010, 10:07 PM
Also we've gotten several recent rumors about an upcoming GK/Inquisition release being sooner than the DE one...
Oh hey Melissia. I remember you clear back from the DoWII forums before that game was even out...

There are recent rumors supporting both sides. Sadly there is nothing yet upon which to base any definitive conclusions about what secrets August holds. Even our sources who are "in the know" (e.g. RedS8n, Harry, etc.) admit they can't even hazard guess as it could swing either way.

Although I see your wisdom in concluding that GK will come first... GW would never pass up an opportunity to slap DE fans in the face one last time...

DarkLink
05-04-2010, 09:20 AM
The thing is, most of the rumors about GKs first are pretty specific, aka "GKs are first", "DE will have to wait a little bit longer", etc.

On the other hand, the DE rumors are things like "models are finished", "books sent to the printer". That implies they will be out very soon, but it doesn't imply exactly when. It is possible that they want to get an early start on production, or they still have some details to work out, and that GKs will still be first.

The GK rumors I see are pretty specific about GKs being first. The DE rumors I see aren't, and leave open the possibility of GKs coming out first.

-snicker-

Harry Gonads.....

I wasn't gonna say anything

Archonate
05-04-2010, 03:41 PM
The thing is, most of the rumors about GKs first are pretty specific, aka "GKs are first", "DE will have to wait a little bit longer", etc.

On the other hand, the DE rumors are things like "models are finished", "books sent to the printer". That implies they will be out very soon, but it doesn't imply exactly when. It is possible that they want to get an early start on production, or they still have some details to work out, and that GKs will still be first.

The GK rumors I see are pretty specific about GKs being first. The DE rumors I see aren't, and leave open the possibility of GKs coming out first.
Are you gonna base your opinion on the semantics of rumors?
If we're playing word games I could come up and say things like "We just barely had a SM codex. History says next will be Xeno" or "New SMs always come out around Christmas." Both are true statements, but I think the wording of rumors is completely irrelevant and gives no real indication of who is next.

I know people love to 'read between the lines' and discover exciting hidden messages in rumors, but the guys who would actually know are presently confounded and are straight up saying that it could swing either way... Sounds to me like GW itself hasn't decided yet. And why should they? Why commit to a release at this point?

Melissia
05-04-2010, 03:50 PM
Geeze, no need to be testy.

eldargal
05-04-2010, 05:52 PM
I think it is safe to say that we really don't know who are coming first of the two. It has been hinted at by some that GW don't even know yet. I'm beginning to lean towards GK myself, though I waver. Not that I have any special knowledge.

DarkLink
05-04-2010, 06:18 PM
Are you gonna base your opinion on the semantics of rumors?
If we're playing word games I could come up and say things like "We just barely had a SM codex. History says next will be Xeno" or "New SMs always come out around Christmas." Both are true statements, but I think the wording of rumors is completely irrelevant and gives no real indication of who is next.

I know people love to 'read between the lines' and discover exciting hidden messages in rumors, but the guys who would actually know are presently confounded and are straight up saying that it could swing either way... Sounds to me like GW itself hasn't decided yet. And why should they? Why commit to a release at this point?

Geeze, no need to be testy.

You just made Melissia sound defensive:eek:. You should get a metal for that or something. Then you should have it taken away for having a testy attitude. Seriously, no need to be aggressive.

And you'll notice I never said that GKs will be first. I think they will be first, personally, and I want them to be first since they are my primary army. But I wouldn't be at all surprised if I woke up tomorrow and saw "GW announces DE in August".

Plus, I don't need to read between the lines here. BB on Heresy Online outright states that GKs will be next. DPA pretty much does the same, though he never outright states anything. All his rumors require reading between the lines at least a little. So... yeah...

On a side note, GW doesn't actually follow a Imperium-Xenos-Imperium schedule. Roughly half the codices are Imperium, and GW tries to spread them out, so it gets close to that, but if you look at the release history you will see several instances where they break that schedule. So just because the last codex was Imperium doesn't mean that the next one will be Xenos.

Archonate
05-04-2010, 10:24 PM
It was not at all my intention to sound aggressive. Just trying to convey my logic. Though reading over my post, I suppose it could be read as angry sounding. I apologize.

DarkLink
05-05-2010, 08:32 AM
No worries, 's all good.

Madness
05-05-2010, 09:00 AM
Just how does one "gets a metal"? Do they start spelling your name with ünnëcëssärÿ ümlaüts? Is this (http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/2363/index.htm) "a metal" (a metallic medal with umlauts)?

DarkLink
05-05-2010, 03:19 PM
He could have his rank changed to "bane of Melissia", or something. At least until he gets set on fire.

Melissia
05-05-2010, 06:22 PM
"bane of Melissia"

What.

DarkLink
05-05-2010, 09:15 PM
I think I heard a heavy flamer get light up. I'm gonna go hide, now;).

Necrosis
05-05-2010, 09:25 PM
Alright, engough about Melissia, this thread isn't named Melissia after all.

Back to the Dark Eldar rumors. So when do you guys think they are coming out?

Melissia
05-05-2010, 09:51 PM
Nov/Dec

DarkLink
05-05-2010, 10:04 PM
Right. August and November/December are probably 40k months. And if GKs are in August, then DE will be in November.

ShadowDeth
05-06-2010, 01:14 PM
Dark Eldar are the next release.

Grey Knights weren't even on the radar when the DE rumors started to appear with frequency.

Some guy's message board LARP visions don't substantial rumors make.

BuFFo
05-06-2010, 02:15 PM
Alright, engough about Melissia, this thread isn't named Melissia after all.

Put her on ignore... Makes the boards a much better read. I've been "Melissa Troll Free" for months now, and loving it.

Back to the Dark Eldar rumors. So when do you guys think they are coming out?

Hopefully as the next 40k Army!

I don't mind if GK are next though. They need the update more than DE, honestly.

DarkLink
05-06-2010, 03:01 PM
Grey Knights weren't even on the radar when the DE rumors started to appear with frequency.

Ummm... no? I heard solid rumors about GKs long before I heard anything about DE. Well, not entirely true. We've had the rumor that they started to completely redo the entire DE line for like, a year and a half, now. But that never came to fruition until very recently.

But the GK rumors have been around for quite a while, now. I started seeing posts about them at least 6 months ago, slowly building up. And currently, there are more solid rumors about GKs than DE.

About all we know about DE is that they've redone the models (which are supposed to look really good), and that Harlequins are supposed to be in, as well as one or two things like "lots of poisoned weapons" and such. And those only came up very recently.

On the other hand, GKs have had rumors like that for a long, long time now. I think it was the beginning of this year when stickymonkey started talking about new GK models, special characters, weapons and vehicles. Things like "lots of psychic nullification, and one word: Sammael (aka Grey Knight jetbikes)". And we've gotten more since then.

That's not to say that GKs will be first, but if you go by sheer volume of rumors GKs win by a good margin.

Plus, all those people like DPA and BB talking about GKs being first doesn't hurt, either.

Of course, it's still up in the air until GW makes an official announcement. Which could be any day now.

Necrosis
05-06-2010, 03:03 PM
Put her on ignore... Makes the boards a much better read. I've been "Melissa Troll Free" for months now, and loving it.

What did I just say? This thread isn't about Melissa so lets all stop talking about her. Its not just her fault its everyone else fault to. Now because I made this comment so other guy (or maybe Buffo again) is going to make a response and where going to be back at step one.

The truth is were not going to really know which codex is next until GW announces it. So how about we all start placing bets? $20 dollars on the army I play.

BuFFo
05-06-2010, 03:06 PM
What did I just say? This thread isn't about Melissa so lets all stop talking about her. Its not just her fault its everyone else fault to. Now because I made this comment so other guy (or maybe Buffo again) is going to make a response and where going to be back at step one.

Take or leave my advice. I would go with 'take it' if I were you.

Melissia
05-06-2010, 03:58 PM
Wait, BuFFo's talking about me? How sweet.

But the GK rumors have been around for quite a while, now. I started seeing posts about them at least 6 months ago, slowly building up. And currently, there are more solid rumors about GKs than DE.

Personally, I've also heard MORE GK rumors than DE ones... YMMV, of course, as I don't typically read Warseer or similar sites.

Jokubas
05-06-2010, 07:15 PM
Well I have a very easy way of telling how old the Grey Knight rumors are: checking my join date on Warseer!

You see, I started signing up on Warhammer sites to get more news about the Grey Knights. I signed up on Warseer because Harry was dropping some vague rumors at the time. They were very rough dates that are actually more or less coming true, but pretty much everyone ignored them at the time.

My join date: Feb 2009

That said, I don't really care who comes out first, I just want an announcement. I probably won't be able to buy anything until the end of the year and Dark Eldar have been waiting much longer.

BuFFo
05-06-2010, 09:08 PM
That said, I don't really care who comes out first, I just want an announcement. I probably won't be able to buy anything until the end of the year and Dark Eldar have been waiting much longer.

Yeah, as a Dark Eldar player, I have been hearing rumors about a Dark Eldar release since mid 2006.

I don't care which army is redone first, really. I am used to be bumped, and forced to become patient after all these years, lol.

DarkLink
05-06-2010, 09:24 PM
Yeah, at this point there's no point in arguing over who's coming out first. We currently know about as much as we're going to know until GW starts talking, so all we can do is just wait.

Archonate
05-06-2010, 09:53 PM
Yeah, at this point there's no point in arguing over who's coming out first. We currently know about as much as we're going to know until GW starts talking, so all we can do is just wait.
Oh good, we're back to what I was trying to say a couple pages back. ;)

ShadowDeth
05-06-2010, 10:37 PM
Ummm... no? I heard solid rumors about GKs long before I heard anything about DE. Well, not entirely true. We've had the rumor that they started to completely redo the entire DE line for like, a year and a half, now. But that never came to fruition until very recently.

About all we know about DE is that they've redone the models (which are supposed to look really good), and that Harlequins are supposed to be in, as well as one or two things like "lots of poisoned weapons" and such. And those only came up very recently.

On the other hand, GKs have had rumors like that for a long, long time now. I think it was the beginning of this year when stickymonkey started talking about new GK models, special characters, weapons and vehicles. Things like "lots of psychic nullification, and one word: Sammael (aka Grey Knight jetbikes)". And we've gotten more since then.

That's not to say that GKs will be first, but if you go by sheer volume of rumors GKs win by a good margin.

Plus, all those people like DPA and BB talking about GKs being first doesn't hurt, either.

Of course, it's still up in the air until GW makes an official announcement. Which could be any day now.

Rumors of Dark Eldar work (actually) being done go back to 2007.

Jess mentioned being half-away through the models towards the end of 2008.

Grey Knights started popping up earlier this year. Whether or not *you've* heard the rumors, it doesn't invalidate the fact they have existed long before Grey knights.

Descriptions (rumors mind you, but that's what we're discussing) detailing test rules sets and concepts go back much, much earlier than 2010.

I refute your rosy-colored claims of Grey Knight rumors being more "substantial" and being more frequent than DE. I actually do follow the rumor mills very heavily (amongst all the major WH sites) and Grey Knights have pretty much only been referenced by a few people starting earlier this year. Stick mentioned seeing models due for release in the future and DPA posted some vague 'visions'.

I realize YOU are a GK player and prefer to let your own personal bias rule your belief they are next, but it's far from even speculated at this point. Objective analysis points towards DE, being mentioned by Harry, Brimstone (RIP), Bindi, Gonads, Reds8n, Yakk, the list goes on.

I trust those sources more than a relative unknown, and someone who's major contributions were to describe BA units (in a time period where others were describing BA models). Catching leaked pictures doesn't mean you're connected to the true pulse of the rumor mill.

synack
05-06-2010, 10:48 PM
Grey Knights started popping up earlier this year. Whether or not *you've* heard the rumors, it doesn't invalidate the fact they have existed long before Grey knights.

Umm no. I was hearing rumours when I was living in London and still actively playing WH40k. 4th edition had't been out for very long. My first army was sisters and I branched into GK. So when, in 2005/2006, I was hearing rumours of GK and SOB coming together into a single condex, I was very excited (now of course I would prefer seperate codexes).

That being said, I was probably hearing rumours about DE back then too. I think either side arguing "no my rumour was first" is kinda sad. Seems GW really has players wound that tight.

eldargal
05-06-2010, 10:59 PM
I'm not sure this invalidates his point. We have been seeing reliable hints of DE for several years, while the rumours you mentioned (combined GK and SoB) have been comprehensively dismissed by the reliable rumourmongers.
The fact we are hearing less about DE doesn't not automatically mean they are further off like some people assume, it may jsut mean that given the debacle of the previous release GW are keeping things under wrap until they are reading to make an announcement. Not that I'm saying DE will be next, I think it is still up in the air. In fact I think there probably is a slightly higher chance of GK being first, if GW thinks there is some risk associated with DE like some comunity members believe.

Umm no. I was hearing rumours when I was living in London and still actively playing WH40k. 4th edition had't been out for very long. My first army was sisters and I branched into GK. So when, in 2005/2006, I was hearing rumours of GK and SOB coming together into a single condex, I was very excited (now of course I would prefer seperate codexes).

That being said, I was probably hearing rumours about DE back then too. I think either side arguing "no my rumour was first" is kinda sad. Seems GW really has players wound that tight.

synack
05-06-2010, 11:45 PM
I'm not sure this invalidates his point. We have been seeing reliable hints of DE for several years, while the rumours you mentioned (combined GK and SoB) have been comprehensively dismissed by the reliable rumourmongers.
The fact we are hearing less about DE doesn't not automatically mean they are further off like some people assume, it may jsut mean that given the debacle of the previous release GW are keeping things under wrap until they are reading to make an announcement. Not that I'm saying DE will be next, I think it is still up in the air. In fact I think there probably is a slightly higher chance of GK being first, if GW thinks there is some risk associated with DE like some comunity members believe.

I'm just saying, arguing about who's rumour was first is dumb.

"I'm cooler than you cause my army has been neglected by GW for the longest and we've had rumours filling us with hope only to be deflated by another marine codex release for longer than yours".

ShadowDeth
05-07-2010, 01:06 AM

Umm, yes.

I can do that too.

I'm thrilled you were hearing rumors. Maybe I should rephrase to state that certain people online post actual news or information under the guise of "vague rumors."

Following trends and certain posters and their patterns being correct, you can filter out something unsubstantiated versus outright information leaks. Anyone can hear a rumor, and for the most part they are always wrong.

Yet, few posters consistently post information that comes true in time.

yergerjo
05-07-2010, 07:48 AM
Notice mind you that GW isnt being very forthcoming with anything much these day...the Ard Boyz Missions aren't posted yet, we barely have an understanding of what Spearhead is supposed to be (All Tank Battles...) so I say we just be patient. If it is for an August Release, then we can expect an announcement soon...but GW is also busy with trying to revive Fantasy with their new Edition so it takes the full force of their focus. Remember when we got 5th Edition...didn't hardly hear anything about Fantasy or LOTR for months before and after...

That being said, I hope and fear for a new DE Codex...as a current player of DE.

DarkLink
05-07-2010, 07:51 AM
Stick mentioned seeing models due for release in the future and DPA posted some vague 'visions'.

As well as Harry, BB, and a whole bunch of others have been talking about GKs as well. Several of whom believe that GKs are first.

We heard a long time ago that someone had been assigned to redo the codex and models, but that has no bearing on when they finished and when it will be released. Since then, what we've heard are occasional status updates, culminating in the recent "we're finished" rumors. However, that was quite recent (in the last month or two), and after a GK codex had started to look like a real possibility. I think it would be silly to try and make a guess on who comes first based on who has the oldest rumors, or even who has the most rumors.

What matters is what those rumors say, and what I'm hearing for the most part is GKs are first. That could be wrong, but we'll see when GW announces something.

synack
05-07-2010, 08:16 AM
Umm, yes.

Umm, no.

DarkLink
05-07-2010, 11:10 AM
To quote Coach Greg Glassman (not word for word), this all is like "a [you can guess what body part]-measuring contest where everyone's wearing raincoats and there's not a ruler in sight". Of course, he was talking about physical fitness (specifically, how imprecise most definitions of fitness are, which is why he started Crossfit (http://www.crossfit.com) in the first place, to solve that problem) rather than 40k, but whatever.

Not only is it irrelevant to which codex gets put out first, but it's little more than a my word vs your word thing. You think you saw more rumors for X codex? Well I think I saw more rumors for Y codex. Take that:rolleyes:.

Arhra
05-07-2010, 12:25 PM
I don't follow the GK rumors as closely as I do the DE ones.

With Dark Eldar, we know Phil Kelly wrote the codex and we have a detailed description of the warrior models (both from reliable posters).

Do we know anything about the GKs? Who is writing (or has written) the codex? What the models look like?

I know Stickmonkey has claimed to see some concept art, but he also saw some Dark Eldar.

ShadowDeth
05-07-2010, 01:08 PM
To quote Coach Greg Glassman (not word for word), this all is like "a [you can guess what body part]-measuring contest where everyone's wearing raincoats and there's not a ruler in sight". Of course, he was talking about physical fitness (specifically, how imprecise most definitions of fitness are, which is why he started Crossfit (http://www.crossfit.com) in the first place, to solve that problem) rather than 40k, but whatever.

Not only is it irrelevant to which codex gets put out first, but it's little more than a my word vs your word thing. You think you saw more rumors for X codex? Well I think I saw more rumors for Y codex. Take that:rolleyes:.

I understand that part.

You've also let on the fact you're a GK homer.

Problem is, you're wrong.

DarkLink
05-07-2010, 02:11 PM
You've also let on the fact you're a GK homer.

Your point being?

Problem is, you're wrong.

Wrong about what? That I don't know which codex is next? Or that I think, based on the evidence that I've seen, that GKs are next?

Lerra
05-07-2010, 08:36 PM
From what I've heard, both codices are ready for release by August. It's just a matter of GW choosing a release schedule. It's a business decision, not a contest to see which codex finishes first.

Melissia
05-07-2010, 09:07 PM
IT's not like us arguing here matters worth a damn to GW, except that it's free advertising for them.

ShadowDeth
05-07-2010, 11:18 PM
From what I've heard, both codices are ready for release by August. It's just a matter of GW choosing a release schedule. It's a business decision, not a contest to see which codex finishes first.

Jessica!

Archonate
05-08-2010, 04:45 AM
From Dakka's ProfitOfTheWaaagh!!!

I was talking to a GW Store manager and "apparently" he was not aware of the Grey Knight codex being removed from the GW website. He also stated that he had received an email regarding the release of Dark Eldar and Necrons. He told me that DE were due in 3 months.
I personally never put much stock in what store workers/managers have to say. Just throwing this out there. 3 months would put it at August. Could mean nothing... Could mean everything.

DarkLink
05-08-2010, 04:25 PM
GW staff don't really know more than we do. For every rumor I've heard whose source was a GW store owner that turned out true, I can dig up a dozen that were false.

The staff outside of GW HQ don't get the whole story. Sometimes they get some tidbits, but they're often out of context.

Still, if they got an email about this, then maybe...

A HUGE BLUNT
05-14-2010, 09:41 PM
The only thing i know about the GK codex is that the guy who was originally working on it was laid off a few months back.

HsojVvad
05-16-2010, 10:15 AM
The only thing i know about the GK codex is that the guy who was originally working on it was laid off a few months back.

What do you mean? The author of the GK codex? If I remember this rumour, this would be about August or September when the Tyranid rumours first started coming out, that this supposedly person is, quit, and went onto other projects. I can't remember if the rumour was that JJ was taking over or somebody else.

Either way the person who started the GK is not the one who is finishing it. Then agian the 2nd person could be changining it completely different direction than the first person. I guess we will never know.

eldargal
05-16-2010, 11:59 PM
Slight rumour update from Warseer:

Dark Eldar in November (Avian)
Dark Eldar in October (GodlessM)

BuFFo
05-17-2010, 12:02 AM
Slight rumour update from Warseer:

Dark Eldar in November (Avian)
Dark Eldar in October (GodlessM)

Such a perfect army at such a perfect time. What better answer to all this Mech garbage than the masters of Vehicle destruction?

eldargal
05-17-2010, 12:15 AM
I hope it is true, too. The usual warnings about rumours apply though.

Its probably the chronnic insomnia coupled with too much study, but I havethe overwhelming desire to refer to you as Mr Buffton.

Such a perfect army at such a perfect time. What better answer to all this Mech garbage than the masters of Vehicle destruction?

BuFFo
05-17-2010, 07:51 AM
I hope it is true, too. The usual warnings about rumours apply though.

Its probably the chronnic insomnia coupled with too much study, but I havethe overwhelming desire to refer to you as Mr Buffton.

BuFFton? lol. That is Lord BuFFington to you, young ma'am. :p

Lets hope my lances are kept cheap.

helvexis
05-19-2010, 09:22 PM
yeah amen to that if they keep the lances cheap they wont have to create anything new and ridiculous like a lance melta ... which is just nuts even for us :)

but yeha i love the lances although i cry whenever i see a monolith...

BuFFo
05-19-2010, 10:26 PM
but yeha i love the lances although i cry whenever i see a monolith...

I agree...

... but then you remember, "Oh yeah, the rest of the Necron army is pants anyway!" and proceed to phase them out in 3 turns.

Hokiecow
05-20-2010, 09:46 AM

Maybe GW is letting the fanbase for DE and GK duke it out and will release the army based on the winner. :D

A HUGE BLUNT
05-20-2010, 01:10 PM
for some reason Blood Of Kittens has new rumors on Dark Eldar
http://bloodofkittens.com/?p=3481

BuFFo
05-20-2010, 01:46 PM
"Melta & Lance weapon confirmed str 6 12″ range."

What?

So now I need an Armor Penetration of 6 to bust a AV 12 Chimera? Seriously? Especially at only 12"?

What about a Monolith? As if Dark Eldar could not destroy the thing now, if this new rumor is correct, Necrons with a wall of two Monos will be unstoppable.

I totally understand these are just rumors, and I am not crying foul, or the sky is falling, but, if this rumor is true, Dark Lances better be the basic weapon of the Dark Eldar army, lol.

Of course I was just joking about that last bit, just as I am sure the rumor about the 'new' craptastic Lances being a joke as well! :eek:

helvexis
05-22-2010, 01:27 AM
yeah i think thats replacing the blaster so thats not too bad :)
im not expecting Dark lances to become meltas ... that would suck a little and im ok with dark lances being basic for say scourgre... whos stupid brain fart idea was it to give a heavy weapons squad splinter rifles base...

and maybe ... maybe we'll get our poisened weapons with the poisened weapon rule... and give mandrakes poisen only way to make them decent

DrLove42
05-23-2010, 10:06 AM
"Melta & Lance weapon confirmed str 6 12″ range."

What?

So now I need an Armor Penetration of 6 to bust a AV 12 Chimera? Seriously? Especially at only 12"?

12" range...so to get any anti armour shot off you need to be in assaulting distance?

Lerra
05-23-2010, 10:22 AM
Functionally, a 12" Str 6 Lance Melta weapon is almost identical to a meltagun. It's not quite as good at popping light armor but otherwise serves the same role. I'd expect that gun to be cheap, spammable, and available to most infantry units. I wouldn't be too surprised to see a unit where every model can take this weapon, either, sort of like Fire Dragons.

It's roughly as useful as a meltagun, and we know how popular meltaguns are in 5th.

Madness
05-23-2010, 10:36 AM
Yeah but S8 can get hits through a Monolith(who ignores melta and lance) whereas S6 can't.

DarkLink
05-23-2010, 10:40 AM
Functionally, a 12" Str 6 Lance Melta weapon is almost identical to a meltagun.

It's equal at best, worse in many cases. Worse against AV 10,11, 12 and monoliths, equal against everything else.

DrLove42
05-23-2010, 10:45 AM
Functionally, a 12" Str 6 Lance Melta weapon is almost identical to a meltagun.

Its not the fact its now a melta gun thats worrying, its the fact my dark eldars main anti-tank/high strength weapon has gone from 36" to 12". So if you don't close to 12" away in one round of moving your armour 11 vehcile is in pieces next opponents shooting phase

Baron Spikey
05-23-2010, 01:57 PM
Its not the fact its now a melta gun thats worrying, its the fact my dark eldars main anti-tank/high strength weapon has gone from 36" to 12". So if you don't close to 12" away in one round of moving your armour 11 vehcile is in pieces next opponents shooting phase

Who says that Dark Lances have changed to this 12" Melta/Lance weapon? It's just been said that there's a weapon that's Str.6 and has the Melta & Lance rules, not that that's what the Dark Lance's profile is changing to.

whitestar333
05-23-2010, 03:39 PM

My understanding was that this melta/lance weapon was new, not meant to replace the dark lance. I think this will likely just be the new profile for the hand-held blaster, or perhaps something completely new. Don't fret!

That said, I want to hear more about Harlequins supposedly being in the codex! I have been in love with Harlequins ever since they released the mini-dex years ago and I would LOVE to run an entirely harlequin themed army (currently unable to do so in the current Eldar codex unless it's "counts as").

DrLove42
05-24-2010, 03:17 AM
Who says that Dark Lances have changed to this 12" Melta/Lance weapon? It's just been said that there's a weapon that's Str.6 and has the Melta & Lance rules, not that that's what the Dark Lance's profile is changing to.

And thats a classic case of me just misreading what was said...whoops. Assumed it meant changing the dark lance!

As for the Harlys they'll fit in well on a dark eldar raider...have to wait and see if the colour schemes are less bright to match the macabre of their dark kin...GW should release the Harlequin codex again as a white dwarf supplement :D

eldargal
06-25-2010, 09:28 AM
A few new rumours:

4-5 new special characters, including upgrade SCS a la Pask.

New models for all existing SCs

Kruellagh possibly being dropped (a pity I'm all for female SCs but her model was ugly and the SC uninteresting)

Lelith Hesperax is included and getting a new model, interesting to see if it is as good as the old one.

Every model of the range is being redone, without exception.

Harry says again DE due in October/November.

BuFFo
06-25-2010, 10:19 AM
Your first point is interesting.... Maybe they are keeping Vect? I love my Vect!!

Lerra
06-25-2010, 10:29 AM
Vect is an interesting character and I hope they keep him in the codex. I bet his rules will be Mephiston-style, though - an incredibly powerful character without IC status, but he doesn't really need it because he is just that good.

harrybuttwhisker
06-25-2010, 12:30 PM
Miniatures are painted and packaging finalised ;-)

Lordgimpet
06-26-2010, 10:11 PM
after what I've read here and on warseer, dakka dakka etc. october would make perfect sence for release
can even plug a halloweeen bent from a marketing perspective :P

Havik110
06-27-2010, 06:03 PM
Vect is an interesting character and I hope they keep him in the codex. I bet his rules will be Mephiston-style, though - an incredibly powerful character without IC status, but he doesn't really need it because he is just that good.

remember that if a torturers tale is to be taken as official fluff then Vect has been around since the fall...he should easily be one of the most powerful beings in existence...An eldar that old is going to have psycic abilities and he is so powerful he can prevent demons from coming for him...Vect should be a T3 mephiston with EW and the ability to have body guards makes him all the more disgusting...

Freefall945
06-27-2010, 09:02 PM
remember that if a torturers tale is to be taken as official fluff then Vect has been around since the fall...he should easily be one of the most powerful beings in existence...An eldar that old is going to have psycic abilities and he is so powerful he can prevent demons from coming for him...Vect should be a T3 mephiston with EW and the ability to have body guards makes him all the more disgusting...

Naaw. Dark Eldar simply don't have the patience or discipline to make use of their psychic potential. The only reason Craftworld Eldar can do it without Slaanesh feasting on their tasty soul meats is because of the use of runes.

Additionally, we have no indication that Eldar simply grow more powerful psychically over time in an indefinite manner - powerful Eldar psykers have always been such because they spend their long, harrowed lives learning how to be just that.

Vect spends his long, harrowed life flaying people, foiling coups and, I am forced to presume, tending his fingers and rolling his s's in a dramatic, serpentine fashion.

Cyberscape7
06-27-2010, 11:55 PM
Tbh release date of October seems most reasonable. I mean its dark eldar and halloween. The two go together like the inquisition and heretics. Perfect!!!

eldargal
06-28-2010, 04:51 AM
Except GW is British, its biggest market is still in Britain and Britain doesn't do Halloween in the same way or on any meaningful scale, not compared to the former Western hemisphere colonies.;) We have Mischief Night in some parts where bands of kids do roam around, but instead of getting confectionary they set fire to things. No horror element, unless they set fire to you.

megatrons2nd
06-28-2010, 09:01 AM
Except GW is British, its biggest market is still in Britain and Britain doesn't do Halloween in the same way or on any meaningful scale, not compared to the former Western hemisphere colonies.;) We have Mischief Night in some parts where bands of kids do roam around, but instead of getting confectionary they set fire to things. No horror element, unless they set fire to you.

Interesting. I wonder where the Ghouls and Ghosts part come from then.

eldargal
06-28-2010, 09:11 AM
I'm not sure what you mean?

Oh, and I can see GW North America using Halloween to market DE if they arrive in time, but Halloween won't affect when they are released as that is set by GW HQ in GB. Just to clarify, I don't want people hissing at me if they see Halloween/DE theme things at local GWs.

Dark Eldar are coming, many slavegirls pregnant. (Sorry)

Interesting. I wonder where the Ghouls and Ghosts part come from then.

bbq_sac
06-28-2010, 10:13 AM
the slavegirls comment made me lol :)

As for the ghouls and ghosts, assuming you aren't asking after the super ones that capcom released in the game of the same name... Halloween is a derivation of 'All Hallows Eve' which is a very old pagan or druidic or something tradition. used to be some celestial event that happened in conjunction with the restless dead going for a wander. Best way to find out is to exercise your google-fu

DaveLL
06-28-2010, 10:37 AM
Vect spends his long, harrowed life flaying people, foiling coups and, I am forced to presume, tending his fingers and rolling his s's in a dramatic, serpentine fashion.

To paraphrase Terry Pratchett, though... he has lived a very, very long time in one of the most dangerous professions imaginable.

He's still one of the most powerful beings in the galaxy. The fact that he has no blatant personal/psychic powers just makes him like, say, a very long-lived Lord Vetenari instead of a god. Which, to me, is even scarier :)

HsojVvad
06-28-2010, 12:47 PM

They call that "Devil's Nite" the day before Halloween, here in Canada and USA where young people go around and damage property and vandalism.

Like you said, it might not mean nothing in UK and have no Halloween, but it would sell no matter what in UK, so it would be stupid of GW not to try and capilize on anything they can do in NA to increase any sales at all. Then again they don't advertise to people who do not know about 40K so I guess you are correct, it wouldn't make a difference at all.

Mike X
06-28-2010, 03:43 PM
An interesting tidbit to add: the slaves bits from the Dark Eldar line have been renamed to "prisoners", which is probably another subtle show of GW censoring itself due to the females' provocative attire and poses.

DelphicFist
06-29-2010, 06:15 AM
A few new rumours:

4-5 new special characters, including upgrade SCS a la Pask.

New models for all existing SCs

Kruellagh possibly being dropped (a pity I'm all for female SCs but her model was ugly and the SC uninteresting)

Lelith Hesperax is included and getting a new model, interesting to see if it is as good as the old one.

Every model of the range is being redone, without exception.

Harry says again DE due in October/November.

I want her dropped simply for having the stupidest name in the history of GW naming and that's saying a lot. New model and new name, same character and I'd be fine with it. Maybe fluffwise Guardsmen call her that, but she needs an Eldar name.

Duke
06-29-2010, 08:19 AM
I want her dropped simply for having the stupidest name in the history of GW naming and that's saying a lot. New model and new name, same character and I'd be fine with it. Maybe fluffwise Guardsmen call her that, but she needs an Eldar name.

Nah, I think it would be great if they kept her and she had a retinue of 101 Dalmations.

Duke

eldargal
06-29-2010, 08:39 AM
I don't mind the joke name actually. 40k (and WFB) started out very tongue in cheek and was full of things like that. But the character itself was not particularly inspiring. The fluff wasn't bad, but she was never much use on the battlefield and the model is meh.

PhatCat
06-29-2010, 12:35 PM
Well, that's the larger bit about Kruellagh, is that there was zero point in taking her, despite a cool-sounding weapon. My guess would be that there's some weapon/wargear that has the Soul Flayer effect and we may get a new archon character.

eldargal
07-02-2010, 07:33 AM
This from 'The Hawk' at Librarium-Online, via Polaria at Warseer:
I'm happy about Lelith. Nothing particularly new, really. Hopefully it means another source backing up what we have heard and not circular rumours.

For all fo you Wych Cult fans out there, you would be delighted to here that Lelith is in, an is getting totally redone. Whatever is not being dropped is being tweaked. Hopefully we will finally see a 4+ invulnerable save in close combat like NORMAL Wyches this time.

I don't want to dampen anyone's day with this next one, but there is rumors that there is going to be a Khemri release out soon. This means to coincide with Warhammer Fantasy release, that the anticipated Tomb Kings will be set. I am so hoping that this happens AFTER our release, and that for the... (counts fingers) 23rd time we are not postponed!

Grey Knights are all but confirmed for a January release which leaves plenty of room open for us to breathe. Necrons may be due in March/April next year as well. But you know GW. The DE could be replaced with the Necrons. 99% chance of not happening, but there is still room open for us to have all of our air sucked clean from us.

And in great tradition to keep up with what the DE are all about, Grotesques are in, depsite popular belief, and there rules are suppossed to be so that even Marneus Calgar will go home crying to mommy. Hopefully we get to see a LD check and modifier that ignores Fearless and Stubborn, and actually works!

Some great new Special Characters are making appearences as well. And the existing ones are either getting entirely new models ( sucks to be those that own Vect ), or being removed utterly. If trends are to kee continuing, we should be seeing 2-3 of our existing ones kept, with maybe 4-5 new ones being added.

And thank Slaanesh, it seems that Kruellagh is being removed!

Nothing game shattering here, except if we see some high profile SCs being included.

BuFFo
07-02-2010, 10:05 AM

Then you completely miss the camp and humor GW has been toting around for the better part of three decades...

You just don't 'get it'. :P

And thank Slaanesh, it seems that Kruellagh is being removed!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will KILL a kitten next time I hear such ignorance like this again!!!! 12 years of this sh!t and it still keeps going strong!!!!!

GW needs to print in the Codex in big ****ing letters - DARK ELDAR DO NOT WORSHIP ANY CHAOS GOD YOU ****ING IDIOT

/rant

eldargal
07-02-2010, 10:14 AM
Agreed. If GW does make DE Slaanesh worshippers (which I doubt) in the new codex I am going to have a hissy fit of titanic proportions.

HsojVvad
07-02-2010, 02:01 PM
What is wrong with DE worshipping Choas? I have the DE codex but since there is not much fluff in thier, I don't know much about them. I wanted to start DE for a long time but always kept being told they will be redone soon, but never liked the model range so waiting.

Where is everyone getting all this DE fluff from?

Old_Paladin
07-02-2010, 08:52 PM
What is wrong with DE worshipping Choas?

Um... maybe I should answer this before Buffo sees it and has a stroke!

1) They already have things to worship [themselves, they're rulers, Khaine, etc.] There'd be little point in worshipping Khorne, the Blood God, when you already worship Khaine, the bloody handed.

2) Slaanesh eats their souls! Their actions in the past made a god that will never stop trying to bring them eternal suffering.

BuFFo
07-02-2010, 09:32 PM
What is wrong with DE worshipping Choas? I have the DE codex but since there is not much fluff in thier, I don't know much about them. I wanted to start DE for a long time but always kept being told they will be redone soon, but never liked the model range so waiting.

Where is everyone getting all this DE fluff from?

You know how Slaneesh, and Chaos in general, wants to devour and destroy the Eldar race into extinction?

Same goes for Dark Eldar. It really is that simple.

There is no real difference between the Eldar and Dark Eldar. They are not different races. They are the same race of people.

The Dark Eldar just continues to live the ways of the True Eldar, while the Eldar have changed their ways since The Fall and have strayed from the Eldar's true path. :P :P

Kirsten
07-03-2010, 06:45 AM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will KILL a kitten next time I hear such ignorance like this again!!!! 12 years of this sh!t and it still keeps going strong!!!!!

GW needs to print in the Codex in big ****ing letters - DARK ELDAR DO NOT WORSHIP ANY CHAOS GOD YOU ****ING IDIOT

/rant

Actually, the poster never states that Dark Eldar worship Slaanesh, he thanks Slaanesh, not the same thing. They could easily be a Slaanesh worshipper that happens to collect Dark Eldar ;)

HsojVvad
07-03-2010, 10:17 AM
You know how Slaneesh, and Chaos in general, wants to devour and destroy the Eldar race into extinction?

Same goes for Dark Eldar. It really is that simple.

There is no real difference between the Eldar and Dark Eldar. They are not different races. They are the same race of people.

The Dark Eldar just continues to live the ways of the True Eldar, while the Eldar have changed their ways since The Fall and have strayed from the Eldar's true path. :P :P

So Dark Eldar are like Romulans and the Eldar are like Vulcans. I didn't know that. I just thought Dark Eldar were like Eldar tainted by Chaos.

Thanks for the explanation, I never knew that. I am starting to like the DE even more now.

BuFFo
07-03-2010, 11:00 AM
So Dark Eldar are like Romulans and the Eldar are like Vulcans. I didn't know that. I just thought Dark Eldar were like Eldar tainted by Chaos.

Thanks for the explanation, I never knew that. I am starting to like the DE even more now.

You got it wrong lol.

The Eldar are like Vulcans and the Dark Eldar are like Vulcans.

They are not different races, nor different species, not even different off shoots of the same race.

Eldar and Dark Eldar are the exact same race of people.

Let me give you a basic time line of the Eldar race...

-Start of the race until some time before The Fall-

Eldar

-Some time before and during The Fall-

Dark Eldar

-After the Fall-

Eldar and Dark Eldar

Think of it like this.... Eldar got all big and powerful and full of themselves. The Eldar then threw on some goth clothing and took over the galaxy. The Gothy ways of the Eldar created an evil God which destroyed the Eldar. So now, some of the Eldar took off their Gothy clothing and live a more neutral way while some of the Gothy Eldar decided to keep their Gothy ways.

That is really how it is.

Melissia
07-03-2010, 11:05 AM
What BuFFo is probably trying to say (And failing), is that the differences between Eldar and their Dark Eldar cousins is sociological rather than genetic.

BuFFo
07-03-2010, 11:26 AM
What BuFFo is probably trying to say (And failing), is that the differences between Eldar and their Dark Eldar cousins is sociological rather than genetic.

Right, but you are still a @&*#!

DelphicFist
07-05-2010, 12:55 PM
Then you completely miss the camp and humor GW has been toting around for the better part of three decades...

You just don't 'get it'. :P

I didn't miss it I just think it's lame. Some of the more subtle name origins are acceptable but when they beat you across the face with it, it's painfully stupid. Almost as stupid as say...noise marines with amps and guitars. :p

Melissia
07-05-2010, 01:38 PM
I'm glad that the camp and humor value of Orks has been toned down somewhat dramatically. I LIKE Orks as brutal techno-barbarians... not as comic relief.

Drew da Destroya
07-05-2010, 10:46 PM
I'm glad that the camp and humor value of Orks has been toned down somewhat dramatically. I LIKE Orks as brutal techno-barbarians... not as comic relief.

Still, I wouldn't mind some of the better Artillery pieces coming back in a non-apoc format... the Splattakannon and the Squig Katapult come to mind. Cyboars would be cool, too, there isn't really enough Cavalry in 40k these days.

And some people would love to see the Madboyz make a comeback.

Melissia
07-05-2010, 11:37 PM
None of those are camp or humor though.

Also, I want to see feral boyz, madboyz, squig swarms, grots with riding cy-squigs, etc etc etc.

eldargal
07-05-2010, 11:49 PM
I wouldn't say Orks were ever comic relief as such. Their crude ways and unreliable nature (both the Orks and their technology) just meant that sometimes amusing things happened. both in the fluff and on the tabletop.

Oh, I've changed my mind about the Kruellagh model. With a good paintjob its actually half decent and quite feminine. A friend just converted one into an Archon, she cut off the hands (which I admit are oversized and stupid) and replaced them with other hands, and painted the bodysuit thing that GW had black flesh coloured. Barely recognised the model it was that much better than the original GW paintjob.

Melissia
07-05-2010, 11:51 PM
If "comic relief" isn't the right term, then I'd just say that it feels like they're being taken a bit more seriously.

Like the difference between DoW1 and DoW2.

Lerra
07-05-2010, 11:57 PM
Orks have become less goofy and more feral over time.

Melissia
07-06-2010, 12:43 AM
I wouldn't say they're more feral so much as they're more barbaric-- Orks are the unending horde of barbarians at the gates, killing and looting everything they see. No matter where you go, Orks have been there first or aren't long in the coming.

It makes them more... I guess grimdark, in a serious way.

Drew da Destroya
07-06-2010, 01:14 PM
None of those are camp or humor though.

Also, I want to see feral boyz, madboyz, squig swarms, grots with riding cy-squigs, etc etc etc.

I dunno, a catapult that launches a clay pot filled with (essentially) flesh-eating killer bees is pretty hilarious on a futuristic battlefield. The splattakannon is too improbable to really be funny, I guess, but I'd still love to see it back. And an explosive shell attached to a ball-and-chain, randomly changing direction and potentially taking out your own troops, always struck me as funny... but that may just be me.

I think a good example of your point, though, is the Shokk Attack Gun. After being really random with often funny results in 2nd edition (jamming into terminator legs, causing vehicles to burst into flame and move uncontrollably, etc...), it shows back up in 4/5th with much more streamlined rules and many of the more random effects removed. Also, the snotlings involvement has been heavily downplayed (sure, some show up on the model, and it mentions them in the fluff for the gun... but they aren't as emphasized as they were previously). Nowadays, it's mostly just a variable strength AP2 gun with occasional random effects, most of which are just damage. Still mean, still cool, but somehow less funny.

Melissia
07-06-2010, 01:56 PM
If that's hilarious, then so are biovores.

eldargal
07-07-2010, 11:16 PM
"The Dude" over at Warseer has compiled a good roundup of the latest Dark Eldar rumours. I've posted most of them here, but there are some I missed:

Here is a summary of what I consider to be reliable Dark Eldar rumours. I'm not saying they are true, or that any other rumours are false, just that this is what I trust at the moment.

Feel free to discuss these and any other rumours to your hearts content, but keep it civil, don't spam, keep background discussions in the background forum, and please, if you want to complain about something, feel free, but do it once, and move on

Previous discussion can be found here.

Release Date

Much conjecture surrounds the release date, however the following “solid” information exists:

Harry gave us his best guess that Dark Eldar will appear in October / November 2010

At the start of April, Harry told us:

Originally Posted by Harry
Dark Eldar are coming.
Phil Kelly has completed the book.
The whole range is NOT done yet but the first wave IS done.
pricetb recently told us the following:

Originally Posted by pricetb
Since I'm not a frequent take this as you will. I friend of mine is a retail salesman for GW and was invited up to the nearest Battle Bunker to meet with his rep and such. Being part of the shop we went and got the usual speil. Isn't this model great blah, blah, blah. Now here's the interesting part, we were taken to the production floor for a look see at what the are producing? Dark Eldar. Couldn't get a great look but it was definately. Feel free to make fun of me now!
To which Harry replied:

Six months out for production and global distribution .... Soooo sounds about right for November.
And for the lazy and hard of hearing (reading?), Harry again stated:

They are set for release in the Autumn. (October/November) this year.
I imagine Novembers White Dwarf to be back to back Dark Eldar.
The Book is done.
First Wave plastics and metals are all done.
In May, Avian told us:

Originally Posted by Avian
I believe November is Dark Eldar for 40K.
So all up, I think it’s safe to say we’ll see Dark Eldar in November.

Rules

Harry has said here that he expects Dark Eldar to be “nasty but especially nasty for that first strike”

In mid June, Vineas reported that Yakface over at Dakka Dakka posted the following:

Originally Posted by Yakface
I have, from a very reliable source, that these rumors are a bit wrong.

The actual stats are as follows:

All poisons are 4+
Splinter Rifle 24" SX, AP5, Rapid Fire, Poisoned.
Splinter Carbine 18" SX, AP5, Assault 3, Poisoned.
Splinter Cannon 36" SX, AP5, Assault 4, or Heavy 6 Poisoned.
Spllinter Pods are an underslung weapon for the Hellions, essentially similar to the carbine.
reds8n added some weight to this, saying:

Originally Posted by reds8n
Actually I'm very inclined to believe these and mr. Yakface.
There has been some scattered talk about a “Pain Chart” which bestows effects based on the number of kills the army has done, much like Epidemius’ Tally Man rule. This has not been supported by anyone reliable as yet.

Miniatures

At the end of April, Rewison reported the following post from Waaagh_Gonads over at Dakka Dakka

Originally Posted by Waaagh_Gonads
After seeing (some) of the warriors that were assembled from the new DE warrior sprue (I did not see the bits on the sprue) last weekend and having been given the all clear to talk about them by my source:

Best start point is to use this pic as a reference.

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.co...5501389758.jpg

The warriors are not striding forward and hunched over like they are about to tip over- legs are laid out in a wide stance and the models are much, much better proportioned than the old ones, so no more legs that go all the way up and tiny torsos.
Helmets and non helmeted heads included.
Non helmeted head has a high ponytail.
Ribs/shards of bone poke through loincloths and the ponytail.
The helmets are pretty much identical to the above pic, but with lumps/gems over the ears/temples.
From behind the helmets look exactly like eldar guardian ones.
There is a gem/soulstone on the left chest armour- not the shoulder armour piece as per the above pic.
This is where you have to use your imagination as the pic doesn't show it: On the back there is a backpack that looks like it started as an eldar backpack but does not stick out as far, has vestigal 'vanes' compared to the eldar one (so doesn't stick up above the shoulder) and most excellently down the centre of the backpack, it is recessed with scaled armour over the spine (triangular scales with points downwards)
A high collar that flanges out
Rifle is almost exactly the same as the pic for the base model, even down to the jagged bit that pokes up in front of the warriors abdomen in the pic. There is a variant with what looks to be crossbow arms sticking out laterally (ends up looking like a mini anchor)
Attachable Loincloths (variable designs) One has a skull, one a hook on them.
As per the pic, greaves over the lower legs, then knee pads and scales over the upper legs, with points upwards.
Knife scabbard, 2 'rods' and 2 small sachels on the 'utility belt' posteriorly
Blades of differing lengths and size on various armour parts, primarily lower legs and shoulder pads.
Curved knife HW available.
Attachable blades for the end of splinter rifle.
Referring to the same Artwork, Harry said:

They don't look exactly like that.
That artwork was based on a sculpt done at the start of the project.
They have that 'look' ... but they evolved a bit.
And this:

Dave Gallagher painted it ages ago based on some of Jes's first concept sculpts for the project.
Harry also implies here that Wyches will be plastic (which was pretty much assumed), but doesn't tell us which wave they may appear in.

Drew da Destroya
07-08-2010, 08:33 AM
If that's hilarious, then so are biovores.

They are a shooting unit based off of Ork DNA... so yeah, they're pretty hilarious. I mean, if you saw them in a game, you'd probably crack up, right?

Melissia
07-08-2010, 09:59 AM
Yes, but not for the same reason :P

eldargal
07-18-2010, 08:48 PM
Scryer in the Darkness over at Warseer has a GW product list which includes the upcoming Dark Eldar released, which may or may not be split over one or two waves:

Edit: Oh, and coming in November.

Right, well my eyes are now rolling with code like The Matrix, but here's the result barring any last minute additions/subtractions:

Codex
3 metal blisters
3 metal boxes
6 plastic boxes

Harry indicates this is just the first wave, with waves 1.5 and 2 on the way also:

It is a MONSTER first wave.

BRING IT ON! :D

The 2nd wave is well on the way too ... and a 1.5 Wave is done. :D

Insomnia fuelled Eldargal, bringing you rumours since, oh I don't know, a bit or more.

DrLove42
07-19-2010, 12:41 AM
*starts to get excited*. A codex, 9 boxes and 3 blisters? Bet put £200 or so aside...

Havik110
07-19-2010, 09:24 AM
*starts to get excited*. A codex, 9 boxes and 3 blisters? Bet put £200 or so aside...

okay so 6 plastic boxes...my guess is
1. Warriors
2. Wyches
3. Mandrakes
4. Raider/ravager
5. Jet Bikes
6. Talos

3 metal boxes? (do they even make these any more outside of vanguard and sternguard?)
1. Incubi (i wish they were plastic)
2. Hemoi/grots
3. Warp beasts

3 metal blisters
1. archon/dracon
2. Lilith
3. Vect

I dont like the idea of metal boxes, characters are okay, but i would prefer to see the archon get a box similar to the plastic space marine captain box

eldargal
07-19-2010, 09:28 AM
One more thing to add, now that I've had a chance to comb through all the specialty item codes... one of them has a Dark Eldar prefix. :evilgrin:

Specialty items are wide and varied and range from things like limited edition dice sets, basing kits, resin markers, templates and things like the L.O.S Marker Light, but they all carry non-army-specific prefixes. The only army-specific specialty item product code that springs to mind in recent memory (though I'm sure there's been others) is the resin Ork Barricades set.

Enjoy.

*squee* I want to know what it is. DE themed building would be nice, some kind of slave holding pen or such. <--pure speculation, to be clear.

Bigred
07-19-2010, 09:31 AM
Eldargal, you're a champ!

synack
07-19-2010, 09:32 AM
I dont like the idea of metal boxes, characters are okay, but i would prefer to see the archon get a box similar to the plastic space marine captain box

I hate metal models... Hive Guard, Tyrant Guard, Hive Tyrant, Venom Thropes, Zoanthropes, Broodlord... all metal and all don't fit together and are a complete pain the arse to assemble. It took me 2 days to do a single Hive Guard... 2 DAYS!

Drew da Destroya
07-19-2010, 10:22 AM
[list of stuff]

Seem like good guesses.... I'm bored at work, so I'll take a stab, too!

1. Warriors
2. Wyches - Includes 1/2 Warp Beasts
3. Scourge
4. Raider/ravager
5. Jet Bikes
6. Incubi

3 metal boxes? (do they even make these any more outside of vanguard and sternguard?)
1. Talos
2. Mandrakes or Hellion
3. Vect Ravager

3 metal blisters
1. archon/dracon
2. Lilith
3. Haemunculi

Plausible?

BlindGunn
07-19-2010, 02:18 PM
Seem like good guesses.... I'm bored at work, so I'll take a stab, too!

1. Warriors
2. Wyches - Includes 1/2 Warp Beasts
3. Scourge
4. Raider/ravager
5. Jet Bikes
6. Incubi
I would agree with all except the Incubi. At present, you can only take them as a Retinue for an HQ if you have a Dark Eldar Lord. So you don't normally need a lot of them. If the new rules change so they can be taken as an Elite choice, then it would make sense.

1. Talos
2. Mandrakes or Hellion
3. Vect Ravager
I was thinking probably the Hellion (if the rules improve) might make a good choice for the Plastics - allows more customizations.

I don't know if they'll release a new Vect Ravager at this point. It may be coming in a future wave rather than the 1st.

3 metal blisters
1. archon/dracon
2. Lilith
3. Haemunculi

Plausible?
I think you're probably really close. Our differences are only minor opinions.

We'll just have to be patient I guess! :rolleyes:

Bigred
07-19-2010, 02:57 PM
Remember there are new units also. I would assume they might fill out one of the metal slots like the Tyranid Hiveguard - Pyrovore did.

PhatCat
07-19-2010, 03:39 PM
I'd be willing to be there's at least 2 plastic vehicle kits. If they sell the raider/ravager as a single kit, then fine, but I wouldn't be shocked to see them be two of the box sets. That being said, I expect the DE to get at least one new vehicle of some kind in this mix.

I wonder if they'll break up the waves so that you get, say, the Kabal/core units as a the first release (with associated heroes, etc.), the Wyches as the 1.5, and Haemonculus set as 2.0. That wouldn't shock me, especially if they were only 2 months apart.

DrLove42
07-20-2010, 01:03 AM

Nearly all the aspect warriors in an eldar army are metal still. Disadvantage of a metla box is it tends to be a smaller number in a same priced box. Plastic Dire Avengers come 10 to a box, but metal aspects (banshees, dragons, hawks, spiders etc) come 5-6 to a box for the same price

And a plastic Talos does sound awesome!

DarkLink
07-20-2010, 06:30 PM
Nearly all the aspect warriors in an eldar army are metal still. Disadvantage of a metla box is it tends to be a smaller number in a same priced box. Plastic Dire Avengers come 10 to a box, but metal aspects (banshees, dragons, hawks, spiders etc) come 5-6 to a box for the same price

Not to mention how utterly horrible metal is to assemble and use, and how easy it is to break limbs off and have to fix it over and over again.

Dunadan
07-20-2010, 11:27 PM
My guesses

Plastic Boxes:
1.Warriors
2.Wyches(may or may not contain warp beasts)
3.Scourges
4.Raider
4a.Complete kit of all skimmer variants
5.Ravager/New skimmer variants
5a.Hellions
6.Talos

Metal Boxes:
Grotesques
Mandrakes
New Unit

Blisters:
Special Characters

Incubi are still rather nice looking, and you don't need a lot right now, so they'll probably leave them be. Jetbikes are already plastic, so they can wait longer for an update.

eldargal
07-21-2010, 01:20 AM
Ok, it turns out there are only two metal boxes, not three, Scryer has issued a correction. Thanks go to the blog poster on the BolS main site who pointed this out.

yergerjo
07-21-2010, 04:51 AM
So Dark Eldar are like Romulans and the Eldar are like Vulcans.

Actually that is correct, some people just do not know their Star Trek that well. Romulans and Vulkans are the same genetically. The Romulans were banished from Vulkan because of their practice of giving into their emotions. They developed into the war-like "evil" people we now know while the Vulkans became the total logic intellectuals. The two peoples still have relations, with Spock even being the Ambassador to the Romulans for a time (Star Trek: Next Generation) and having to go into hiding among them. So yeah, physically both Romulans and Vulkans are the same just like Eldar and Dark Eldar are the same.

Blackhat
07-21-2010, 11:43 AM
Ok, so 6 plastic boxes, 2 metal boxes, and 3 metal blisters...
My guess, based on Games Workshops' other recent releases:

Plastic Boxes:
1) Warriors (duh.)
2) Jet Bikes (99%)
3) Raider (99%) with possible Ravager upgrades (75%)
4) Dark eldar "lord" plus retinue, or just retinue (like, say the Blood Angels Sanguinary guard - 60%)
5) Talos, possibly highly altered (50%)
6) Probably plastic witches (to give one choice in each of the force allocation slots - 50%)

Metal Boxes:
1) Warp Beast & Beastmaster (upgrade for witches, 4-5 beasts + master= right # for metal box.- 50%)
2) either Lord/Haemonc. + retinue (if not in plastic - 60%, else 40%) or NEW UNIT to get us excited (40%)

Blisters
1) if Witches are in this release, Lelith is 100%
2) If Incubi in this release, Drazhar is 100%
3) NEW character (50%, 75% if a new unit type is also released.)

I'm also hoping release 1.5 is a plastic Scourges + something new...
And I be soooo ready! GIMMEE!!:D

Havik110
07-22-2010, 02:58 PM
the one thing that keeps nagging at me is thatI thing that the 1st release has to have a new unit or 2 released. So while we are all guessing based on what is already in the codex, what about new spiky things?

Yes everything is being redone so here is my revised list

Plastic
1 Warrior
2 Wyches
3 Bikes
4 Raiders/Ravagers
5 Talos
6 New Stuff!!!

Metal Box
1 Incubi
2 Some more New stuff!!!

Sprues
1 Lilith
2 Archon/dracon/archite/dracite
3 Even More new stuff!!!

shabbadoo
07-22-2010, 10:56 PM
That list is just about right methinks.

Divergent Reality
07-23-2010, 09:24 AM
It will be fun to see what all of this comes to be. Plus it will be fun to see another force that is something akin to a glass sword in 40k.

Less 3+ armor, horray.

Brettila
07-29-2010, 01:41 PM
You know, a new vehicle could possibly be a light skimmer in the vyper, pirhana vein.

DarkLink
07-30-2010, 09:22 PM
Mad Cow Crazy just started up a DE rumors thread (http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=65901) similar to the DH/WH one there. It's got some new stuff on it.

Bigred
08-15-2010, 10:02 AM
Its looking Dark Eldar are a lock for November, with a formal unveiling at UK Games Day. All you Lounge readers who are attending - bring your cameras and try to post stuff up as you can. Its gonna be a crazy weekend.

Duke
08-15-2010, 10:37 AM
Fun stuff. I can't wait to see what kind of glass cannon things dark elder come up with. I can throw in my elation with the prospect of not having another 3+ save army... I'm sure the codex is going to have many new and intesresting units, I just hope try do justice to the coolness of dark elder in the fluff. I don't want "they like to torture things" and have no more character than that.

Duke

DrLove42
08-15-2010, 12:16 PM
Looking forward to GD.

Hoping for some pre-release sales like there was for marines a few year back.

eldargal
08-21-2010, 09:19 AM
Apparently retailers can no longer order Dark Eldar miniatures from GW at all, at least in Australia. Another sign of the impending release perhaps. Source rattman on Warseer.

davel
08-22-2010, 12:42 AM
Have just spotted on war seer some new John Blanch dark eldar art released at us games day

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272593&page=3

only thing discernible is raiders with sails.

Dave l

eldargal
08-22-2010, 01:47 AM
Hm, Codex: Extremely Spikey Eldar. Not sure how I feel about sails on Raiders, be interesting to see if the models go that way or not.
Oh, someone on Warseer mentioned this, I cant find it to quote it (sory) but this person asked about FW Dark Eldar stuff and the FW rep said "No comment on future armies" or something along those lines.

Have just spotted on war seer some new John Blanch dark eldar art released at us games day

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272593&page=3

only thing discernible is raiders with sails.

Dave l