PDA

View Full Version : Plasma pistols

Lupin
03-26-2010, 06:51 AM
Can i gear a Company commander with 2 plasma pistol and get him to shoot both?
I got a friend here saying i cant shoot both. If i cant, can you give me a reference to a rule book page if possible or in what section i should find this ruling?

Thank you!

HsojVvad
03-26-2010, 07:03 AM
Can i gear a Company commander with 2 plasma pistol and get him to shoot both?
I got a friend here saying i cant shoot both. If i cant, can you give me a reference to a rule book page if possible or in what section i should find this ruling?

Thank you!

UH, shouldn't it be your friend who proves it to you by provideing page numers? Sorry I can't help you , I don't know.

david5th
03-26-2010, 07:07 AM
Main Rulebook pg 15:

" Normally each model in a firing unit can fire a single weapon. Some models, including vehicles, may be able to fire more than one weapon, as detailed later. "

You can give two Plasma Pistols if you wan but..
There is no special rule in the IG codex to alow him to fire two weapons.

Although not an independant charcater - Main Rulebook pg 15:

" All independant characters shoot just like ordinary troopers ".

Lupin
03-26-2010, 07:46 AM
thank you!

TSINI
03-26-2010, 08:09 AM
My train of thought goes like this

Ursukar creed has 2 hot-shot laspistols, and a special rule making them a "twin linked shot"

as it would actually be better to be able to fire 2 shots instead of twin linking, i would assume that a character with 2 pistols only ever gets to fire once, unles they have a special rule permitting them to fire both guns.

Allandaros
03-26-2010, 08:38 AM
Yeah, I ran into the same sort of problem. I made an Inquisitor based on this guy:

http://privateerpress.com/files/products/cygnar/warcasters/allister-caine.png

and floundered when I realized that he couldn't actually fire both plasma pistols. Unfortunate!

I wound up giving him a master-crafted plasma pistol, allowing for twinlinking. This mimics the rules given to other gun-slinging characters (Creed, some SoB unit I don't remember), and so I roll with that.

(Next time I plan to run him using the BoLS rules for Cypher though :D)