PDA

View Full Version : What IS this?

yetischool
03-25-2010, 06:04 PM
Hello All,

I have been building a large Cities of Death Board recently, but I'm running into an obstacle when it comes to bridges and the like. Can anyone tell me what the floor of this bridge is made of?
http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2010/3/26/92863_sm-CoD%20Catwalk.jpg (http://www.dakkadakka.com/gallery/92863-CoD%20Catwalk.html)
Any help at all is appreciated!

Thanks!
-Yetischool

fade_74
03-25-2010, 08:15 PM
kinda reminds me of the front vent of a window air conditioner. You should go to a scrapyard or a recycling center and see what you can find. Actually, you could try to find a scrap dealer on the net and send him this pick....i bet he could find something similar. Where is the pic from? You could always ask whoever built the piece. If it is from GW or FW they are pretty good about answering questions. I asked FW a question about the paintjob on the valk from IA masterclass, on a lark. I got an email back the next day. The customer service guy actually went and asked Phil S.....and he told him the info I needed.

yetischool
03-25-2010, 08:53 PM
that pic is actually from the 40k Rulebook. The terrain piece was part of the large Cities of Death board they feature during the Fall of Medusa Campaign. Unfortunately, I've asked GW about the piece, but never got a word back about what its made of. I like the idea of asking some scrap people though, thanks for that.

TSINI
03-26-2010, 07:55 AM
here in the uk we have places like B&Q DIY stores, they do stuff like vents and guttering etc they are a wonderland for terrain building, when i was working there i would often grab a piece of random plastic and start thinking up strange terrain pieces they could become...

check out a DIY store if the scrappy can't help you, or a plumbers store.

ashnaile
03-26-2010, 09:17 AM
Go to a train hobbyist store, or a dollhouse store, either will have usable things if painted and battlescarred look great, doll house stores for things like lamp posts and various things that make such a place actually visitable lol.

Subject Keyword
03-26-2010, 06:09 PM
That Ork is so screwed.