PDA

View Full Version : i think ive found the first tau lol

rbryce
03-25-2010, 03:18 PM
ok, im hoping this pic works...

http://blog.signalnoise.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/i_dean1.jpg

its a 1970s(ish) album cover by an artist called roger dean. inspiration possibly for the tau aestetic

AirHorse
03-26-2010, 05:15 AM
Dont be rediculous man, that looks nothing like a tau firewarrior, games workshop would never do such a shameless thing :P

Also, he has a sword!! Fire warriors should have swords :(

rbryce
03-26-2010, 06:10 AM
lol, never would GW use others IP. after a bit more research, its a game from the late eighties, and its storyline would fit 40k too! the guy in red is a human scientist who figures out how to create super-soldiers, and won't give the info to the authorities(a kinda dictatorship) and goes on the run.

Melissia
03-26-2010, 07:35 AM
It was sarcasm dude :P

rbryce
03-26-2010, 08:03 AM
i know, was joining in on the joke.;)

ElTanko
04-05-2010, 02:53 PM
Thats eerily similar. Its odd to see where GW get there inspiration from! Kinda cool!!

ElTanko

ZenPaladin
04-09-2010, 04:09 PM
ZOMG?

I used to play that game back in the day at my sisters' best friend's house!? I thought it was the most awesome thing in the world. I never could recall the name to the damn thing but there it is!

Huh.. does kinda look like a firewarrior. We do need some crazy Shas'ui bodyguard types with honor blades protecting our Etherials.

OnFyre
04-22-2010, 03:22 AM
ZOMG?

I used to play that game back in the day at my sisters' best friend's house!? I thought it was the most awesome thing in the world. I never could recall the name to the damn thing but there it is!

Huh.. does kinda look like a firewarrior. We do need some crazy Shas'ui bodyguard types with honor blades protecting our Etherials.

Well, Aun'va has some. I'd like to know where the fit in the class structure though, are they specially trained Fire Warriors or Ethereal understudies?

Fantomex
05-05-2010, 12:13 PM
Well, I can't for the life of me remember what site I found this picture on, but I will give it the mildest of thumbs for being an example of possible influences when the tau were being designed..

http://i41.tinypic.com/2qcp6p4.jpg

Tynskel
05-05-2010, 01:47 PM
The new forgeworld commander suit looks like the 'main' Mech in Armored Core video game.