PDA

View Full Version : New tau battlesuits!!!!!

energongoodie
03-25-2010, 10:41 AM
:eek:

Just got the forgeworld news letter with a picture of the new tau battle suits. They are awesome!!!!!
They are variations of the XV9 with wicked looking guns!!!
Doing picture now.
They look awesome!! MUST HAVE LOTS!!!

energongoodie
03-25-2010, 10:46 AM
:eek::eek:

Faultie
03-25-2010, 10:49 AM
:eek::eek:

Ummm...wow. What are those weapons? Portable railguns? Something new?

I hope GW takes a hint on those guns.

TSINI
03-25-2010, 10:50 AM
dammit you beat me :D

other news: stompa upgrade kits and IA: 8 now up for pre order

FW are on fire at the mo!!

energongoodie
03-25-2010, 10:50 AM
I'm going for rail gun, particle beam/ion cannon, and bust cannon on steroids! Brilliant.

energongoodie
03-25-2010, 10:51 AM
dammit you beat me :D

other news: stompa upgrade kits and IA: 8 now up for pre order

FW are on fire at the mo!!

Sorry buddy :)

I should have mentioned the other stuff but got too excited.

Asymmetrical Xeno
03-25-2010, 10:55 AM
Not a tau player myself, but yeah that is a really nice sculpt! looks better than GW's own ones IMO.

DarkLink
03-25-2010, 11:36 AM
Ummm...wow. What are those weapons? Portable railguns? Something new?

I hope GW takes a hint on those guns.

Looks kinda like the dual plasma rifles from the Forgeworld special character, some sort of rail rifle with a shield, and something new for the last on. Maybe a mini-ion cannon.

JxKxR
03-25-2010, 12:23 PM
DAMN!!! those are so sweet!!! I must them.

BlindGunn
03-25-2010, 04:06 PM
Experimental Rules are already posted:
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/pdf/xv9.pdf

Sorry Guys - just a twin-linked Burst Cannon - but you do get two...

Nabterayl
03-25-2010, 04:37 PM
There are full rules in Imperial Armour Apocalypse II. Those look like the other weapon options to me.

DarkLink
03-25-2010, 04:50 PM
They only currently have rules for TL burst cannons. That's old news. The models for that have been out for a long time.

These weapons are new, and most definitely not burst cannons.

fade_74
03-25-2010, 05:15 PM
If you look at the FW website preview of IA apoc 2....the entry for them has sever other weapons listed...just to small to read

Rift Knight
03-25-2010, 09:20 PM
The other weapon options listed for the XV-9 "Hazard" from IA apoc2 are listed as

Phased Ion Gun

Fusion Cascade

Pulse Submunitions Rifle

The stats on them are pretty interesting.

I believe the above pics are the new options.

Quaade
03-26-2010, 02:13 AM
The full rules for them are in IA: Apocalypse II, what you linked to were the testrules.

ChaosPhoenix
03-26-2010, 02:53 AM
Those look reeaallly awesome. I still think Tau should have a standard BS >3.

BeakieHelmet
03-26-2010, 12:10 PM

For suits, sure, or maybe as an upgrade that doesn't cost a hard point...

DarkLink
03-26-2010, 01:02 PM

There are fluff reasons why they don't. Bad eyesight and all that. Plus the fact that Tau Firewarriors are comparable to guardsmen with bigger guns. These aren't Space Marines we're talking about.

BeakieHelmet
03-26-2010, 02:09 PM
There are fluff reasons why they don't. Bad eyesight and all that. Plus the fact that Tau Firewarriors are comparable to guardsmen with bigger guns. These aren't Space Marines we're talking about.
Bad eyesight can be circumvented by the cybernetics fire warriors receive and the helmets they have already. The commanders have BS 4 and 5 already, and these XV9's all have BS4.

I'm strongly opposed to fire warriors getting BS 4, but letting there be an upgrade to get targetting arrays for an entire squad of crisis suits for beaucoup points to increase them all to BS4 sounds fantastic.

Also, is it just me or are these XV9 units just... ridiculously good? I mean, they're everything I could have hoped for and more in a suit. The only downside is no missile pod, but if these get put into the main army I think we're going to see a lot less XV8 suits in the future, possibly just ones with TL missile pods for light vehicles. (Or, well, anything really, TL Missile Pods are pretty awesome.)

DarkLink
03-26-2010, 04:04 PM
Bad eyesight can be circumvented by the cybernetics fire warriors receive and the helmets they have already. The commanders have BS 4 and 5 already, and these XV9's all have BS4.

Hence the targeting array upgrade :p

My point is, Tau are fairly short lived compared to humans, iirc, and probably receive comparable training to Cadians and the like. Thus, basic Firewarriors should certainly be BS 3, basic Suits (like IG Sergeants) are still in the BS 3 range and Commanders and Veteran Suit pilots (or suits with enhanced targeting systems) get BS 4 and above.