PDA

View Full Version : The Battle of the BoLS

Mr Mystery
10-08-2015, 06:28 AM
How do?

Nattering to TDA on the Facebook last night, and we agreed it's high time we arranged a game.

Anyone else interested in throwing down with their fellow posters?

Seeing as I'm soon to have a gaming room, I could host a small number - which would involve hotel rooms in the lovely Royal Tunbridge Wells, and coming round mine.

Or we can agree an alternate venue.

Morgrim
10-08-2015, 06:39 AM
I suspect that unless it has some strongly virtual component, you may find your audience limited. Any other BoLS peoples live in your neck of the woods? If so, planning on doing reports for the rest of us?

Mr Mystery
10-08-2015, 06:42 AM
Shut up and get a plane ticket :p

I've got a sofa like, so you can crash on that. Come, visit the Garden of England, and I can show you the next town over - the Garden's Manure pile.

Psychosplodge
10-08-2015, 08:16 AM
Didn't we already try this in Nottingham once and we all let each other down?

Mr Mystery
10-08-2015, 08:22 AM
Yeah.

But Kent is nice.

And my new pad is pretty much on The Pantiles (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pantiles), which has three pubs, so we can go get tiddled after.

Psychosplodge
10-08-2015, 08:23 AM
But it's so much further.

Mr Mystery
10-08-2015, 08:28 AM
Added bonus - we can smoke and drink whilst gaming.

And NME's Small Venue of the Year 2014 is reet nearby and all.

Erik Setzer
10-08-2015, 08:33 AM
I plan on trying to get to England some time, but it'd be next year at the earliest, since I have to wait a while before I burn more vacation time. Admittedly, I'm not sure how well I'll do with a flight across the pond, as I've never flown and have some weird issues with vertigo, but hey, maybe it'll be fine and just be a boring ride that I'll have to spend reading or something.

But even if I were to fly to England to check out all the pubs and historic sites, flying with figures seems to not be so easy. The hard cases would end up being checked thoroughly under suspicion of being gun cases (well, two of them *are* gun cases), and my luggage set for transporting models would have to not weight too much and would likely cost extra on top of my normal luggage (plus I'd need to make sure the models are stuck in there better). And then there's the TSA...

Yeah, I think you might have to go with locals only. But hey, England's got plenty of folks, even just counting the folks on BoLS, so you should be good with that.

CoffeeGrunt
10-08-2015, 09:07 AM
I wonder if daboarder would show up...

Mr Mystery
10-08-2015, 09:26 AM
He'd be welcome. But he'd have to leave his keyboard behind.

CoffeeGrunt
10-08-2015, 09:43 AM
Can't help but imagine Splodge entering to this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hxq43fuvOI4

Wolfshade
10-08-2015, 03:49 PM
Didn't we already try this in Nottingham once and we all let each other down?

Yes :(
And gamesday?

Yeah.

But Kent is nice.

And my new pad is pretty much on The Pantiles (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pantiles), which has three pubs, so we can go get tiddled after.

But it's so much further.

Much further, do Megabus do cheap tickets? 14hrs of cycling ;)

We also banded about going to visit DL before he emigrated.

Deadlift
10-08-2015, 11:06 PM
Piff Paff Poof

Deadlift sensed he was mentioned :). It's been awhile BoLS chums. How you all doing 😀

daboarder
10-08-2015, 11:28 PM
Piff Paff Poof

Deadlift sensed he was mentioned :). It's been awhile BoLS chums. How you all doing 😀

Hey Big fella, hows life?

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
10-09-2015, 02:28 AM
Hey, some of us met up at Games Day. I met splodge and Mystery.

I've met DrLove on numerous occasions.

The problem is, most of us are full time working adults. :p

Mr Mystery
10-09-2015, 02:34 AM
Met Dr Love did you?

Dirty boy

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
10-09-2015, 03:11 PM
Wheeeeey

Deadlift
10-09-2015, 08:02 PM
Hey Big fella, hows life?

Yeah good thanks, I have had to knock the hobby on the head for a bit. Got a proper job for the largest retailer in the world here in Canada, and the training involved is pretty full on. Especially as I'm used to being self employed lol. Can't do things "my way" any more. But the salary is very very good so can't knock it. Glad your still knocking about here Boarder. Playing Devils advocate I see. 😜

Wolfshade
10-10-2015, 08:44 AM
Deadlift is like the candyman

argh, have all my chicken just don't kill me!

Psychosplodge
10-12-2015, 02:04 AM
Can't help but imagine Splodge entering to this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hxq43fuvOI4

Maybe a heavier version

Piff Paff Poof

Deadlift sensed he was mentioned

:eek:

CoffeeGrunt
10-12-2015, 06:38 AM
The problem is, most of us are full time working adults. :p

I dunno, most of us are still kids at heart. :P

Psychosplodge
10-12-2015, 06:49 AM
Yes but that's why we have too many things to do with our limited free time and surplus money :D

Denzark
10-16-2015, 02:40 PM
I'd do WW in Nottingham dates permitting, but not the Kent.

Mr Mystery
10-16-2015, 03:32 PM
Wotcha got against Kent?

Arkhan Land
10-17-2015, 12:56 AM
sorry drifting off the topic, late late late night thought
is there any way that with enough proper preparation and the use of two cameras and projectors I could play a game with someone across the pond?

if we had matching terrain and high enough cielings could we use a camera to project our opponents armies onto the board from overhead?

energongoodie
10-17-2015, 02:00 AM
I'm just over the way in Surrey :)
My games club in coulsdon has ample gaming space for all if anyone is about.
PS. We have a bar.

Denzark
10-17-2015, 03:11 AM
Wotcha got against Kent?

Apart from the proximity to France... no nothing its just slightly out of my normal beaten track, whereas Nottingham is dead central.

Wolfshade
10-17-2015, 04:20 PM
Apart from the proximity to France... no nothing its just slightly out of my normal beaten track, whereas Nottingham is dead central.

Also "kentish" ale

Denzark
10-17-2015, 04:35 PM
Logistically as well as travel and accommodation at 1.1km from WW - they provide 6x4s with pukka terrain, and a bar with XXXXXX.