PDA

View Full Version : Help with new army

billyboy
09-29-2015, 04:00 AM
Hello there, im just looking for some help/advice on a new army.
At the moment i have a full space marine army which is of course ultrasmurfs.
A tiny new necrons army with only 3 units and a commander
And a small ork army from 2 assault on black reach sets.
But since looking at the new Tau im thinking me would like to start one, but i have no idea what models to get, so just gonna ask for some opinions on how to start it.
Cheers!

Kirsten
09-29-2015, 05:30 AM
just get all the models ;)

fire warriors are great troop choices, and crisis suits are incredibly flexible as you can equip them to deal with whatever threat you like. wait a few weeks for the new codex to come out, along with new crisis suits and fire warrior models, and see what you fancy.

Mr Mystery
09-29-2015, 05:50 AM
Yup.

Definitely do hold fire for the moment so you can get the new Codex in your mitts, and see what tickles your fancy from there :)

And we totes expect updates and that.

Psychosplodge
09-29-2015, 05:53 AM
Buy whatever you think looks coolest :D

Also not sure what they're currently like on the table, but hammerhead's look awesome.

Kirsten
09-29-2015, 05:56 AM
I still love the hammerhead. I used to field two hammerheads and three broadsides as my heavy support choices, and just blast any and all vehicles, wraithlords etc. off the table.

Psychosplodge
09-29-2015, 05:57 AM
Same. Five railgun shots a turn, three twinlinked, two with the submunition option.... Tau were awesome...

Kirsten
09-29-2015, 05:58 AM
they still are pretty awesome.

billyboy
09-29-2015, 06:04 AM
Have the Tau fire warriors been reboxed yet? If not ill hold out to get them and i think i also heard somewhere the riptide is being reboxed

Mr Mystery
09-29-2015, 06:16 AM
Brand new Fire Warriors by the look of it. More angled armour, and the potential for new types of dakka (no clear pic seen, so we know they're coming but not much else).

Riptide? Doesn't seem so. Could have been speculation based on the new Ballistic Suit.

Kirsten
09-29-2015, 06:47 AM
there were rumours that the riptide was being reboxed with a third missile variant, but that is the stormsurge, a different suit. so the riptide isn't changing.

billyboy
09-29-2015, 10:17 AM
Ah ok, in that case ill hold out to get some warriors and get some suits instead, gonna have to learn how to use an airbrush and paint grey though
cheers everyone