PDA

View Full Version : D-Cannons: Dragged into Warp Space

Kenny Bailey
09-27-2015, 11:45 AM
Ok. So. I just found out about how D-Cannons work. I know that the fortunate ones are torn to pieces. But if not, the target is sucked completely into warp space.

WHAT HAPPENS IN WARP SPACE? Basically, do the events of Event Horizon happen to them?

If so, dear sweet god. That weapon is awful. Terrifying. The worst thing to do to a living being with conscious thought. >_<

Mr Mystery
09-27-2015, 11:50 AM
It is pretty horrific.

Though during a game of Dark Heresy, I did flush some troublesome passengers out the airlock whilst we were in the Warp.

That'll learn them to make demands of a Rogue Trader!

Kenny Bailey
09-27-2015, 11:51 AM
Holy crap. Wow.

Tyrendian
09-27-2015, 01:36 PM
yeah D is pretty bad... it's up to you whether that's worse than being torn apart particle for particle (Gauss), having your brain eaten alive from within (Devourer) or the many and varied nasties Dark Eldar poisons (or Grandfather Nurgle himself...) can bestow on you - I actually think the D weapons are the least painful among those, maybe together with Gauss, since you pretty much cease to exist, period.

DWest
09-27-2015, 02:13 PM
I imagine Daemons would be the most annoyed by D-Cannons. There's no glory, not even the knowledge you were beaten by your mortal opponents, just bloop! and you're back home.

Kenny Bailey
09-27-2015, 06:11 PM
I imagine Daemons would be the most annoyed by D-Cannons. There's no glory, not even the knowledge you were beaten by your mortal opponents, just bloop! and you're back home.

Ha ha ha. That's an amusing thought for a response. :)

Chris*ta
09-28-2015, 06:55 AM
To be fair, pretty much all the weapons in WH40K are pretty awful. Meltas cook you from the outside in, flamers are notorious in IRL history, explosives, well, explode ...

Even the humble lasgun, a laser powerful enough to be used as a weapon will basically make a chunk of you explode ...

dusara217
10-24-2015, 10:59 PM
To be fair, pretty much all the weapons in WH40K are pretty awful. Meltas cook you from the outside in, flamers are notorious in IRL history, explosives, well, explode ...

Even the humble lasgun, a laser powerful enough to be used as a weapon will basically make a chunk of you explode ...
That depends on the author. James Swallow, for instance, seems to think that Lasguns use the Hardlight projectiles from Halo 4. Because Hardlight is totally something that's been mentioned in any of the Imperial Codices.

Anggul
10-26-2015, 09:01 AM
If you're unfortunate enough to be sucked in whole, you'll be torn apart by pure energy (and possibly daemons).

CoffeeGrunt
10-26-2015, 10:32 AM
Good ol' Eldar, literally feeding their enemies to the daemons they despise because despite being the oldest species of fleshy things, they're still morons.

Also I think Swallow is just imagining Lasguns operating like Blasters, because Star Wars has been getting away with representing lasers wrong for almost half a century now.

Stephen James Hand
10-26-2015, 12:51 PM
I would have thought the chances of being sucked into a part of warpspace with breathable air would be pretty low, so for guardsmen or orks it wouldn't be any worse than being spaced (i.e. still pretty damn horrific!), they wouldn't survive long enough for daemons to get them. For troops with environmental systems that allow them to survive in a vacuum like Astartes, a grimmer, more 'daemony' fate might well be is store...

CoffeeGrunt
10-27-2015, 04:01 AM
I would have thought the chances of being sucked into a part of warpspace with breathable air would be pretty low, so for guardsmen or orks it wouldn't be any worse than being spaced (i.e. still pretty damn horrific!), they wouldn't survive long enough for daemons to get them. For troops with environmental systems that allow them to survive in a vacuum like Astartes, a grimmer, more 'daemony' fate might well be is store...

Your body may perish, but the soul lives on, and that's what Daemons love to play with the most...

Morgrim
10-27-2015, 07:52 AM

Humans can walk through the warp without dying. I don't know that 'breathable air' is actually a concept there, but it is entirely survivable.

Well. Bits of it.

From a purely practical "can not instantly die due to environment" perspectives, at least.

Given it is filled with daemons, it's still a terrible idea.