PDA

View Full Version : Which is your favourite iconic melee weapon?

YorkNecromancer
09-27-2015, 08:27 AM
Because we've got the ranged one, so this just makes sense... (http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?59782-Which-is-your-favourite-iconic-weapon-and-why)

I've tried to pick the Most Iconic (as in mostly unique to that species) Weapon, but some of them are harder than others (hey Tau!). :)

Morgrim
09-27-2015, 08:47 AM
The dark eldar agoniser. For so many years the automatic wargear of anyone that could take one, and even now with more options it's still a serious consideration. I have fond memories of my archon managing to drop a khorne daemon prince with one in close combat during my first tournament. (No, said archon didn't have a shadowfield, that burst on the first turn. I was just rolling really well and the other player rolling badly. It took 4 turns with the CSM player getting more and more confused and angry at his prince while I cackled evilly.)

Dalleron
09-27-2015, 10:46 AM
I voted powerfist. To me its slightly more iconic than the chainsword. Possibly since Papa Smurf wields 2 of them influencing the decision. And where is the eldar witchblade.

Mr Mystery
09-27-2015, 11:00 AM
Chainsword.

Sure there are many others more potent, but it's such a visceral weapon. It's about as subtle as a brick through your window, and must make a horrific mess when used on some poor sod.

completeHook
09-27-2015, 11:24 AM
It's a toss up between the Rough Rider Hunting Lance and the 'Uge Choppa but only because I can't work out which one sounds the rudest.

Alaric
09-27-2015, 11:48 AM
Chainfist.

Cuz sometimes just obliterating something with bludgeoning damage just isnt enough.

YorkNecromancer
09-27-2015, 11:51 AM
It's a toss up between the Rough Rider Hunting Lance and the 'Uge Choppa but only because I can't work out which one sounds the rudest.

Because 'Power Fist' is so very tame? :rolleyes:

Mr Mystery
09-27-2015, 11:54 AM
https://what.thedailywtf.com/uploads/default/2529/ea4eecccfe6505fd.jpg

Al Shut
09-27-2015, 12:00 PM
Chainaxe

because a chainsword looks to close to a regular chainsaw

completeHook
09-27-2015, 12:21 PM
Kaptin Grotkrusha bellowed a challenge as he swung his 'Uge Choppa around his head...

DarkLink
09-27-2015, 12:59 PM
Is 'lightsaber' an option?

Tyrendian
09-27-2015, 01:39 PM
DONKEY PUNCH ALL THE WAY! just because of the name. Iconicness (iconicity? iconaciousness? :P) wise, Chainfist - blood (chain), shock (power field) and awe (the wearer, i.e. Terminator) all in one package.

Kirsten
09-27-2015, 01:42 PM
chainfists annoy me. there is no way that putting a tiny chainblade on a powerfist would make any difference at all. the power field would probably prevent the chain from even running :p

Wolfshade
09-27-2015, 03:02 PM
chainfists annoy me. there is no way that putting a tiny chainblade on a powerfist would make any difference at all. the power field would probably prevent the chain from even running :p

We shall have none of your sensibleness here.

The powerfist I chose as it is kinds of awesome.

Though, my personal favourite would be a power axe as Cmdr Dante has one, so it has to be that :p

Kirsten
09-27-2015, 03:21 PM
lightning claws are probably my favourite, then the thunder hammer

YorkNecromancer
09-27-2015, 03:35 PM
lightning claws are probably my favourite, then the thunder hammer

Love lightning claws.

And while I was looking for Thunder Hammer gifs, I found this joy...

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/14868395/images/1304990921357.gif

I love Tankhammas.

Wolfshade
09-27-2015, 03:37 PM
Mjölnir is the true thunder hammer

Alaric
09-27-2015, 08:10 PM

More for the terror on infantry. Can you imagine a giant terminator with a chainfist sploding a guy with the saw throwing gore all over the place.

Ive cut metal with saw teeth and it works really well so there is a bit of truth there. On thin plate it works but against thick armor I agree, cant see it making too much difference unless you laid into a stationary target. I can even see heat warpage locking the thing in place.

Ha. Logic in 40k, what am I thinking, its 40 THOUSAND years in the future and they can destroy planets but they cant stop rust.

Psychosplodge
09-28-2015, 02:24 AM
I have to jump on the chainfist bandwagon. It combines the two most iconic melee weapons into one, power fist with added chainsword.

Obviously Kirsten they were made during the dark age of technology when such concerns were easily solved, and its also why all terminators don't wear them, they don't make them anymore :D

Cutter
09-28-2015, 05:31 AM
Plasma pistol.

I know.

Chris*ta
09-28-2015, 06:59 AM
Chainsword. It's the classic CC weapon for everybody in the Imperium, and several other armies besides.

Spark Sully
09-28-2015, 06:59 AM
i Like the Nemesis halberd, myself :)

JamesP
09-28-2015, 09:53 AM
Chainsword.

Because when I first saw the adverts for Rogue Trader (yes, I'm ancient :) ), I remember my initial reaction was, 'those Space Marines look great BUT OH MY GOD KEV ADAMS HAS DONE ORCS WITH CHAINSAWS AND MACHINE GUNS!'

Cactus
09-28-2015, 11:16 AM
I'm voting Thunder hammer.

Ruadhan2300
10-01-2015, 07:17 AM
I'm hopping on the Chainsword bandwagon, because on the list of Iconic weapons, it's basically The melee weapon alongside the Power Fist.
But for an alternative..

Harlequin's Kiss! Monomolecular Candy-floss injectors!

For my own armies though..the Warlord Titan's Saturnyne Lascutter, because a Hellstorm Lascannon being used as a melee attack is pretty awesome :P

BoomBewm
10-01-2015, 09:38 AM
I have to agree with Spark Sully, the Nemesis Halberd (pre-nerf) (and post, since that is how I modeled). Brother Alaric looks absolutely badass with one.