PDA

View Full Version : Tauros Assault Vehicle. Thoughts?

energongoodie
03-22-2010, 01:22 PM
Hi.
I was just wondering what people thought about the new Tauros Assault Vehicle.
I really like it's big brother, the VENATOR, and I really like this. I love the idea of a horde of IG buggies running around popping off grenades with valkyrie air support. Brilliant.
I was hoping for an Elysian Commisar and some storm troopers/grenadiers. Maybe next time gadget.

david5th
03-22-2010, 01:40 PM
no way what so ever does ir make think of

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCOU1k0EKks&feature=related

no way, absolutely not.

Force21
03-22-2010, 01:50 PM
Hi.
I was just wondering what people thought about the new Tauros Assault Vehicle.
I really like it's big brother, the VENATOR, and I really like this. I love the idea of a horde of IG buggies running around popping off grenades with valkyrie air support. Brilliant.
I was hoping for an Elysian Commisar and some storm troopers/grenadiers. Maybe next time gadget.

Yeah it looks awesome I wish I had one...or ten but my Cadian 8th guardsmen & Chimeras would be sidelined by these new fancy buggies.

no way, absolutely not.

Wow... :eek:

That is nothing short of... epic...

energongoodie
03-22-2010, 02:10 PM

no way, absolutely not.

I forgot how much I chuffing loved Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors! Brilliant!

How much do we think the Tauros will be?

Sangre
03-22-2010, 08:18 PM

no way, absolutely not.

I see your Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, and raise you Biker Mice From Mars (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJPYmd8_Qdw).

As to the vehicle, it looks too bloody modern for the guard.

energongoodie
03-23-2010, 02:05 AM
I see your Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, and raise you Biker Mice From Mars (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJPYmd8_Qdw).

I fancy a bit of modern aesthetic in 40k. I enjoy the idea of slapping down an army that looks different to everybody else's. That's why I went Elysian's in the first place.

ColCorbane
03-23-2010, 04:17 AM
I think the new elysian stuff is excellent and definitely on my wishlist. It's just a shame that it's going to be unofficial for the UKGT.

rbryce
03-23-2010, 04:44 AM

the guard covers all fields of conflict for the last 200 years or so does it not? the ellysians are kinda vietnam/1st gulf era inspired i believe, at least thats what i get when i see them

gorepants
03-23-2010, 05:50 AM
Gotta say I prefer the Tauros to the Venator. The proportions are much better - it looks about right for a light recon vehicle. The Venator looks a little too toy-like (Paint it flouro and you cold use it with GI Joe). If I didn't already have a million things I'd be sorely tempted.

gcsmith
03-23-2010, 07:11 AM
I love vehicles like that :p makes me wish i could count them as chimeras, Hmm anything wrong with a army which doesnt have the Mechars of mars supplier after all the machine spirits of gear is just made up balony of the Mechanicus :p

david5th
03-23-2010, 07:54 AM
I forgot how much I chuffing loved Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors! Brilliant!

How much do we think the Tauros will be?

FW website says £34.00.

energongoodie
03-23-2010, 09:25 AM
FW website says £34.00.

Negative. That is the ELYSIAN TAUROS VENATOR, the big brother. The Tauros assault vehicle isn't on there yet with a price. Just some pictures.

david5th
03-23-2010, 10:12 AM
Negative. That is the ELYSIAN TAUROS VENATOR, the big brother. The Tauros assault vehicle isn't on there yet with a price. Just some pictures.

Whoops, my mistake. I am going to guess £15-18.

energongoodie
03-23-2010, 10:30 AM
I'm thinking they will put it around £25. I hope you are right cause I'd buy wodges on day one at £15.

Darkwynn
03-23-2010, 09:12 PM
they better have some cool *** rules because I want to buy 15 of them if I can.

energongoodie
03-24-2010, 04:30 AM
I guess they are gonna be like an Ork war buggy. I'm hoping they get dropped from a VALYKRIE SKY TALON any where on the battlefield and are able to move straight away. If it is a standard grenade launcher then I am a bit worried about it's actual effectiveness against armour. The heavy flamer option should be fun against infantry if you can drop in behind enemy lines and flame heavy weapon teams or command squads.
I just really like this model.

Atrotos
03-24-2010, 09:45 AM
Forgeworld is undoubtedly gonna sprinkle their customary amount rules-fail in IA8 likely making the Tauros tactically superfluous. No one needs a venator or it's little brother when you've already got Vendettas and Scout Sentinels competing for the same spot. If they make it a Troop Choice however then I would be impressed.

Sky Talon... why?

energongoodie
03-24-2010, 10:09 AM
I think the Sky Talon looks great, thats why. My power gaming days are behind me really (almost) so at the minute I am much more interested in flavourful exciting looking armies that are a little different to everything else around. I really like the idea of fast moving ground vehicles being dropped off by carriers like in Aliens.

Atrotos
03-24-2010, 11:00 AM
Are your "using real money on miniatures days" behind you as well? I can't argue that the Sky Talon doesn't look awesome, it's an undeniably sexy model, but what is the utility of using a fast vehicle to transport a fast vehicle? It's the opportunity cost that bothers me! FW needs months to design and produce each new release it disappoints and frustrates me that instead of using that precious time to create useful AND good-looking models they decide to not care what the model does in-game as long as it looks good. When it comes with that kind of price-tag I demand more from it.

I haven't seen the rules for IA8 yet so I'll stop ranting but I'm still reeling from the bucket of lame that was Hector Rex and the Renegade army list. Meanwhile releases such as the new Vulture and the Plague Hulk prove that FW can do better when they give a damn.

energongoodie
03-24-2010, 11:23 AM
I totally get your point, and you are correct that some beautiful looking stuff gets released with bobbins rules which makes it hard to justify spending money on it. You are in no way wrong.
I guess I do not spend my money on much else to be honest. I don't drink, I don't smoke. I spend 12 hours a day at work ( not including travel) and they provide me with food, so oppurtunities for spending are limited, other than the mortgage I spose.
My toy money is generally provided by the stall I run with my best mate at Toy fairs around London selling Star Wars and Transformers, with the odd citadel miniature chucked in. This means it's pretty much guilt free.
Which means £50 on a cool looking model is kind of ok.

TSINI
03-24-2010, 11:52 AM
I think the best rule about the Tauros Assault vehicle is that it CAN PHYSICALLY FIT INSIDE A VALKYRIE!!!

meaning you don't have to buy the £50 sky talon to use it, you can shove it into a valkyrie instead.

awesome

doesnt mean i don't want a sky talon though... that thing looks mean, even without having lots of guns...

I've actually worked out the math to include elysian troops as hardened veterans in my army, just so i can buy some tauros' and not have to remove the awesome crew from it :D :D

i'm really excited about going along to the open day this weekend, i'm even asking for my pay early so i can blow it all on FW stuff. :D

energongoodie
03-24-2010, 12:11 PM
I think the best rule about the Tauros Assault vehicle is that it CAN PHYSICALLY FIT INSIDE A VALKYRIE!!!

meaning you don't have to buy the £50 sky talon to use it, you can shove it into a valkyrie instead.

awesome

doesnt mean i don't want a sky talon though... that thing looks mean, even without having lots of guns...

I've actually worked out the math to include elysian troops as hardened veterans in my army, just so i can buy some tauros' and not have to remove the awesome crew from it :D :D

i'm really excited about going along to the open day this weekend, i'm even asking for my pay early so i can blow it all on FW stuff. :D

Can you confirm that it is in fact the case that it fits in a Valkyrie? It sure looks like it but I haven't seen any rules. If you have please hit me up with the location. That would be pretty cool.
It seems the logical option actually. Leaving the Sky Talon for the big brother. Brilliant.

Mystery.Shadow
03-24-2010, 08:27 PM
Forge World SAYS it does. And do we have any reason to doubt them?

I bought three of the SkyTalons and three Taros Venators just because they LOOK AWESOME!!

TSINI
03-24-2010, 08:51 PM
Quoted from my forgeworld newsletter

"The Tauros Venator is but one variant of this multi-purpose assault vehicle - the ‘standard’ 4-wheel Tauros is used by the Elysian regiments as a long-range scout vehicle, mounting potent anti-personnel firepower in the form of either a Heavy Flamer or Tauros Grenade Launcher. Its four wheels are individually powered by advanced high-yield galvanic motors, allowing it to maintain speed even with damaged tyres – often a crucial edge when faced with superior enemy firepower. This detailed model, designed by Will Hayes, is a full resin kit that comes with options for a Heavy Flamer or Grenade Launcher as well as two resin crew, designed by Simon Egan. The Tauros can be transported in either a Valkyrie Sky Talon or a standard Valkyrie, which the model will physically fit into."

The bit about the motors i reckon means it will either be impossible to immobilise it, or it will be able to ignore difficult terrain...

Nabterayl
03-24-2010, 08:56 PM
The bit about the motors i reckon means it will either be impossible to immobilise it, or it will be able to ignore difficult terrain...
Rhinos have the same fluff, so, as a third possibility, it might have the Repair rule that Rhinos have.

Or, you know, it could just be fluff :p

energongoodie
03-25-2010, 01:44 AM
I didn't get the newsletter. Dam.
It does sound like it will keep on rolling when immobilised. I guess the TAUROS grenade launcher will be Assault 2.
Cool. I can't wait to buy IA8.

therealjohnny5
03-25-2010, 08:11 AM
me too, looking forward to RG goodness.

TSINI
03-25-2010, 08:52 AM
Any one else get the impression that forgeworld are on the ball when it comes to army listing?

Goatboy says Melta is the best weapon in 5th ed. Elysians have access to serious melta - sentinal and troops come with melta weapons as standard.

Drive by list of mechanised IG sporting grenade launchers all over the place. Tauros assault vehicle has (a guessed) assault 2 grenade launcher.

energongoodie
03-25-2010, 08:58 AM
me too, looking forward to RG goodness.

I'm worried i'm gonna love the Raven Guard and I'll have to have a squad of them too. I do plan to have a squad of ten men from each First founding loaylist chapter.....eventually.

david5th
04-01-2010, 12:49 PM
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/ELYSIAN_TAUROS_ASSAULT_VEHICLE.html

£30!

ELYSIAN TAUROS VENATOR - £34.

scadugenga
04-01-2010, 08:55 PM
This really reminds me of the Guard version of The Rat Patrol.

I wonder if United Artists would care to swing the IP Hammer at FW/GW?

;)

energongoodie
04-02-2010, 01:53 AM
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/ELYSIAN_TAUROS_ASSAULT_VEHICLE.html

£30!

ELYSIAN TAUROS VENATOR - £34.

That seems a bit of a steep and cheeky price. Either the Venator is cheap or the Tauros is expensive. Either way, it's a shame. I was hoping for a bit cheaper.