PDA

View Full Version : Random idea in my head

Gooball
03-22-2010, 12:31 PM
Hey there!
Got a random idea when playing Halo 3 online, After reading that most of you will be able to guess what im going to say
Elephant.
For those of you who have seen them it needs no explanation but for those that dont.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OvHqwOnGhs
I think it wouldn't be as hard as it looks; i could get 2 chimeras and use the tracks from them along the side and the chassis for parts of the body, and some movement trays would be used for the main floor with spare bits from my sentinels and heavy weapons teams for the controlls and guns.
this is purely theoritical 'cos before i make it i have to 1. See if people at my local store would let me use it and 2. Get the money :p
In the game i'm thinking 200-300 points, Armour 14 all round 2 heavy bolters immune to shaken stunned immoblised transport capacity of 20-30 and able to fire heavy weapons (and no "flat out" possibly after first immoblised and second move d6 and third no moving?)
All in All
It'd be pretty epic for something that big in a non apoc-size game
Who knows, if i can get a job next year i might even make more than one!

Thiazi
03-22-2010, 01:13 PM
I would just use the rules for the storm lord.

Gooball
03-22-2010, 01:59 PM
Cos the stormlord can only be used in apoc games and the scale is all wrong :D

gcsmith
03-22-2010, 02:02 PM
that vehicle can only be used in apoc games anyway,

fuzzbuket
03-22-2010, 02:19 PM
wouldnt you be better making it for storm troopers, and give it assault cannons! (the seem to fit better?)

oh and put a elasyian buggy in the back :P

papa smurf
03-22-2010, 10:18 PM
this is a great idea. and if your opponents don't want you using it, it would make a great building (i don't mean ruin i mean like using the building rules) or a "super bastion" representing an immobilized or "deployed" elephant. i only say "deployed" because in the Halo Wars Xbox 360 game the elephant is a special unit that rolls around and can deploy to create infantry units. it's pretty cool, if you think of it more as a mobile command center. awesome idea though, if you have the desire (and the pocketbook) you might as well do it :D . also, see what you can plunder from the ork battlewagon kit and try to "de-orkify" it. although that would be blasphemy to Gork (or Mork).

*edit: and with the new battle missions book out, i'm sure there's a place where you could fit this in.

Gooball
03-23-2010, 11:27 AM
Mmm the size im thinking of is around an A4 page size :d
I'll see what money i can scrounge and ill ask the local GW staff about it..
The way i see it theres going to be a lot of rule tweaking . . .
I mean i could use it as Arm 15 front 14 side and rear but you're able to shoot the passengers..
Or i could give it options to take automated lasguns (from chimera chassis) and multi lasers.. (meaning 2 heavy bolters two multi lasers and 16 lasguns.. enough to put the hurt on any unit without T5)
So many possibilitys..
So much money ^-^

harrybuttwhisker
03-23-2010, 11:30 AM
I would suggest using the Imperial Armour gorgon rules.

Gooball
03-23-2010, 12:51 PM
Again, money isn't as plentiful as i would like!
That and the fact that a gorgon is a transport whereas an elephant is more a mobile base intel type thing

harrybuttwhisker
03-23-2010, 01:38 PM
The only way you could really game rep mobile intel/command would be to have a guard command squad inside. This plus a gorgon's rules seems to fit the bill.

Intel/command is something that does not translate well into 40k, the ovious attributes of being well armoured, pondorous and open top transport seem to hit the gorgon on the head, adding a command squad gives the intel.

This allows you to use a custom model but with rules gamers are familiar with and more likely to accept readily.

Gooball
03-23-2010, 02:38 PM
+ i don't have the rules :P
I don't know anyone who has the imperial armour books and i only know one person getting the new one (elysians ;P)