PDA

View Full Version : This shirt made me laugh

Snoddie
09-18-2015, 07:31 AM
I just thought I'd share this shirt I found on teespring, I got a good chuckle out of the idea. Click Here to check it out http://teespring.com/thisisnotthis

Just Tony
09-22-2015, 01:43 AM
Now THIS I'm gonna order.

Psychosplodge
09-22-2015, 03:18 AM
*amused snort*

Muninwing
11-03-2015, 01:17 PM
my local gaming club has had the store they operate out of stock these shirts...

Path Walker
11-04-2015, 02:37 AM
That's the worst piece of ****e (UK slang meaning a particularly ugly piece of clothing) I've ever seen. Not only is is barely comprehensible, its got about 15 different fonts on it. Thats some typical nerd **** right there, checks all the boxes, lack of self awareness, misplaced sense on intelligence, ugly as all hell.

Cutter
11-04-2015, 03:10 AM
That's the worst piece of ****e (UK slang meaning a particularly ugly piece of clothing) I've ever seen. Not only is is barely comprehensible, its got about 15 different fonts on it. Thats some typical nerd **** right there, checks all the boxes, lack of self awareness, misplaced sense on intelligence, ugly as all hell.

Sometimes the truth hurts.

Just Tony
11-04-2015, 03:33 AM
Sometimes the truth hurts.

Which would explain the rather irrational response, no?

Mr Mystery
11-04-2015, 03:38 AM
I'm amused they seem to think shifting relatively static blocks around is harder than maintaining more fluid formations - such as leaving gaps for your skirmish screen to fall back behind the shieldwall, with enough troops in the shieldwall to then plug said gaps...

You may want to visit my incredibly helpful and informative 'Throwing Shapes in the Church of War' topic in the Tactics board. And feel free to contribute. It's a discussion, not a lecture.

Path Walker
11-04-2015, 04:34 AM
The truth that one (historically inaccurate abstraction) is different from another (slightly less inaccurate idea)? Shocking.

The thing that hurts is the terrible design of that t shirt and the fashion sense of anyone lame enough to wear it. People can be butthurt about Age of Sigmar all they want, that doesn't excuse wearing a T Shirt that makes them look like the world's biggest dork. I'm just saying that no one could convict me for beating someone up in that shirt.

Imagine them trying to mumble through their sperg-fog to explain this abomination to someone who didn't care but happened to glance in horror at the clashing text and general lack of any aesthetic merit.

They could save time for the potential customers but impregnating it with a faint-to-middling aroma of cheese, unwashed armpit and Axe body spray and adding realistic food stains.

What does the matching Fedora look like? Does it have 7 different fonts on too?

This Fedora is different to this Trilby. Men's Rights Forever.

- - - Updated - - -

Which would explain the rather irrational response, no?

It wasn't irrational, you're just upset that you liked it and it's ****ing awful.

Cutter
11-04-2015, 05:01 AM
I'm amused they seem to think shifting relatively static blocks around is harder than maintaining more fluid formations - such as leaving gaps for your skirmish screen to fall back behind the shieldwall, with enough troops in the shieldwall to then plug said gaps...

I don't think the original shirt contains a value judgement as to which is easier to do...

You may want to visit

I'll stop you there E; I don't.

And feel free to contribute. It's a discussion, not a lecture.

No ta, like most of BoLs visitors, I have nothing to contribute to that topic.

Cutter
11-04-2015, 05:18 AM
Shocking.

Isn't it though? Frankly, I don't know how they can sleep at night.

The thing that hurts is the terrible design of that t shirt and the fashion sense of anyone lame enough to wear it.

It's not gonna win any fashion awards, but then neither does most fashion.

People can be butthurt about Age of Sigmar all they want

Christ thanks man, I was beginning to think you'd never issue your approval.

that doesn't excuse wearing a T Shirt that makes them look like the world's biggest dork.

Maybe be it's my age, but I stopped worrying about what random s**tcreeps in the street though of my attire some time in my mid 20s. I'm 44.

I'm just saying that no one could convict me for beating someone up in that shirt.

I'm no barrister, but I think you may be mistaken.*

Imagine them trying to mumble through their sperg-fog

Explain please, I don't speak youth.

They could save time for the potential customers but impregnating it with a faint-to-middling aroma of cheese, unwashed armpit and Axe body spray and adding realistic food stains.

I'm sure your Insignia makes you smell like a manly spring meadow.

What does the matching Fedora look like? Does it have 7 different fonts on too?

Fedoras are cool. Like Fezs.

* I checked with our gaming Barrister, you're mistaken.

Alaric
11-04-2015, 08:49 AM
Its just a niche market shirt. No reason to get up in arms over it..get it. No..damn..

nsc
11-04-2015, 09:01 AM
No reason to get up in arms over it

More like in it.

The criticism on the shirt that it's ugly, uses too many different fonts, and is entirely incomprehensible to anyone who doesn't know what warhammer fantasy battles is, is a valid criticism. However "geeks", typically "anti-social fanatics" don't care about "fashion"

I still see overweight men with huge beer guts with their messenger bags that have anime girls on them.

Furthermore as Alaric noted it's a niche market shirt. It's not "fashion." Graphic tees are not "fashion" and neither are blue jeans (or sweat pants, but some sweat pants are fashion, it gets confusing fast, hell some blue jeans are fashion but that just means you paid more for them ;) ).

Like, for example, a story which comes to mind involves a person who went to a summer camp for ruby programming, in ruby a symbol is preceded by ":" as in php it would be preceded by "$" or something similar, essentially :variable would tell the code that variable is special, it's not just text, it's a symbol.

So one guy had a shirt which simply said ":SEX" which, if you know ruby, you read it as "Sex Symbol"

Pretty clever, no? Well to everyone who doesn't know ruby (most people) it reads as "colon sex" and that's got a lot of different connotations than "sex symbol".

So yes, you're welcome to wear this ugly shirt (it's pretty funny though) and declare your love for an unsupported, dead tabletop fantasy wargame which was a small part of a niche hobby.

I'm just surprised that people are paying this much money for a junk t-shirt, I would think that given how much complaining I hear about prices people wouldn't be so quick to pay so much for a t-shirt and instead would focus on better value buys at local establishments :P

Path Walker
11-04-2015, 09:21 AM
Clothes are not a medium for jokes. Especially crap ones that nerds think are clever.

- - - Updated - - -

Isn't it though? Frankly, I don't know how they can sleep at night.

It's not gonna win any fashion awards, but then neither does most fashion.

Christ thanks man, I was beginning to think you'd never issue your approval.

Maybe be it's my age, but I stopped worrying about what random s**tcreeps in the street though of my attire some time in my mid 20s. I'm 44.

I'm no barrister, but I think you may be mistaken.*

Explain please, I don't speak youth.

I'm sure your Insignia makes you smell like a manly spring meadow.

Fedoras are cool. Like Fezs.

* I checked with our gaming Barrister, you're mistaken.

ITT: Replies from stained fedora wearers with BO and an anime t-shirt.

Cutter
11-04-2015, 09:30 AM
Clothes are not a medium for jokes. Especially crap ones that nerds think are clever.

There's an entire industry that disagrees with you, but I'm guessing this isn't a new feeling.

ITT: Replies from stained fedora wearers with BO and an anime t-shirt.

Now you're just flirting with me, sorry dood, I've been crushingly hetro since I discovered what it was for.

Voltigeur
11-04-2015, 11:03 AM
I kind of like it. I'll agree that it's not pretty but I'd wear it to the local GW if I had any reason to go there. :p

Charon
11-04-2015, 11:22 AM
So yes, you're welcome to wear this ugly shirt (it's pretty funny though) and declare your love for an unsupported, dead tabletop fantasy wargame which was a small part of a niche hobby.

Which is pretty funny though as all GW systems are pretty much unsupported compared to KoW. And to see AoS as more as a "small part of a niche hobby" would also be bold.

Path Walker
11-04-2015, 11:35 AM
Yeah that kings of war sure is well supported. With it's total lack of any fun game play.

You've never played Kings of War I'm assuming.

and are you're obviously either trolling or ignorant. Mantic don't support their games, they Kickstart them, release a half-arsed product and have moved on the next Kickstarter before anyone even gets everything they paid for.

The Girl
11-04-2015, 03:09 PM
FYI: To use the ignore feature on this forum...

Go to your [Settings] and in the left Nav Panel under My Account, select [Edit Ignore List], type the username you wish to ignore in the Ignore List blank and click [Okay]