PDA

View Full Version : Taghmata Omnissiah discussion

Mr Mystery
09-08-2015, 06:46 AM
Afternoon all.

So, I'll be picking up my copy today once I'm home from work - need to go pick it up from the Post Office.

Anyone got any burning questions? Get listing and I'll do my best to provide answers this evening.

Mr Mystery
09-08-2015, 12:34 PM
Are you sitting comfortably? Then I'll begin.

Hq Choices
Magos Prime
Magos Dominus
Archmagos Draykavac
Archmagos Inar Satrael
Magos Reductor Calleb Decima

Elites[u]
Tech-Priest Auxilia
Domitar Class Battle-automata Maniple
Myrmidion Secutors

[u]Troops
Adsecularis Convenant
Thallax Cohort
Scyllax Guardian-automata Covenant
Castellax Class Battle-Automata Maniple

Fast Attack
Ursurax Cohort
Tarantula Sentry Gun Battery
Vorax Class Battle-automata Maniple
Crusade Fleet Avenger Strike Fighter
Crusade Fleet Primaris-Lightning Strike Fighter
Crusade Fleet Arvus Lighter Orbital Shuttle

Dedicated Transports
Triaros Armoured Conveyer

Heavy Support
Thanatar Class Siege-automata Maniple
Thanatar-Calix Class Siege-automata
Thanatar-Cybis Class Siege-automata Maniple
Macrocarid Explorator
Krios Battle Tank Squadro
Myrmidion Destructors

Fortifications
Imperial Castellum Stronghold

Lords of War
Ordinatus-Minoris Macro a Engine
Mechanicum Indentured Knight Errant
Mechanicum Indentured Knight Paladin
Mechanicum Indentured Knight Styrix
Mechanicum Indentured Knight Magaera
Mechanicum Indentured Cerastus Knight Lancer
Mechanicum Indentured Cerastus Knight Castigator
Mechanicum Indentured Cerastus Knight Acheron

Legio Cybernetica Appendix
Legio Cybernetica Battle Cohort
Archmagos Dominus

Ordo Reductor Army List Appendix
The War Covenants of the Ordo Reductor
The Matrix of Ruin Army Force Organisation Chart
Magos Reductor
Ordo Reductor Artillery Tank Battery
Ordo Reductor Minotaur Battery

The Titan Legions
Legio Titanicus Warhound Scout Titan
Legio Titanicus Reaver Battle Titan
Legio Titanicus Warlord Battle Titan

Well, that's the back cover done!

Haighus
09-08-2015, 12:51 PM
Ok, a few questions.

Are Castellax still Troops?

What is the Cybernetica Battle Cohort?

What vehicles are available in the Reductor Artillery battery?

How do the Reductor and Dominus Magi differ from the Tagmata Magos Prime?

Mr Mystery
09-08-2015, 01:04 PM
Castellax are still Troops. I derped my write up!

Legio Cybernetica Battle Cohort is a Rite of War equivalent. Lead by the Archmagos Dominus, and only the one. Compulsory troops must be Castellax of at least two strong each. Fast Attack and Heavy Support choices must contain at least one model with a Cortex Controller.

Cortex Controllers and Cyberthurgy ranges increase to 24", and all models with a Cortex Controller gain +1 Initiative.

Downsides?

If chosen as a Primary Detachment, your opponent bags +D3 VPs if at the end of the game you have no Cortex Controllers left.

Reductor Artillery? Rhino chassis stats, comes with a Whirlwind Launcher. Unit can be upgraded to Demolisher Cannon, Quad Lascannon, Dual Melta Cannon, Earthshaker Cannon, Medusa Cannon or Mars-Colussus Bombard. All must have the same main gun.

Crevab
09-09-2015, 12:09 AM
Any chance the Adsecularis can take a transport now?

And did they fix any errors? i.e. Thanatar not having the Plasma Mortar as part of its' wargear; or the Adsecularis upgrade "Induction Chargers" describing its use with Mitralocks when it can't be taken with them.

Mr Mystery
09-09-2015, 12:15 AM
Ordinatus are.....odd.

One has a mahoosive Volcano Cannon mounted upon it. Which does what we're used.

The other? Uses the 7" blast template, and sends it 72" in a straight line, causing a hit on each and every model is passes over. Static AP2, but the strength varies depending on the affected model. Infantry and Bikes and its S5, all the way up to SD for Gargantuans and other Superheavy types. Pretty ace at obliterating infantry, but slightly ropey against vehicles.

i think there's also new options for some units, but I'll need to check my other books first to be sure, but I certainly don't recall Myrmidions having access to Graviton Imploders!

- - - Updated - - -

Any chance the Adsecularis can take a transport now?

And did they fix any errors? i.e. Thanatar not having the Plasma Mortar as part of its' wargear; or the Adsecularis upgrade "Induction Chargers" describing its use with Mitralocks when it can't be taken with them.

That I'll check tonight. Am on the coach to work, and book is at home.

But I'm pretty sure the Thanatar has the Plasma Mortar in its wargear, and similarly confident the Mitralocks can have induction chargers.

Crevab
09-09-2015, 12:29 AM
Thanks, I ordered mine yesterday and can barely wait.

I'm looking at HH3's Adsec entry and my question looks to be from muddied language.
They start with Las-locks and their two options are Mitralocks and Heavy Chainblades. The unit can take "Induction Chargers (if equipped with las-locks)......+15 pts"
This seems pretty cut and dry, but why the fluff blurb in IC about Mitras then?
I think it's because the Las-lock entry is written as:
Las-locks
*Las-locks
*Mitralocks

Las-lock as both weapon type and weapon name. I really ought to email FW about this :s

Mr Mystery
09-09-2015, 05:31 AM
Also worth noting that the Knight do not get access to the new upgrade sprue.

Bit odd if you ask me, but it is what it is. It may come in a later volume.

Ruadhan2300
09-09-2015, 07:44 AM
In HH3, Induction Chargers could definitely be fitted to both Laslocks and Mitralocks, I believe this is still the case

I'll doublecheck my Tahgmata list book later

YorkNecromancer
09-09-2015, 01:27 PM
This army is just so damn cool.

Mr Mystery
09-09-2015, 02:06 PM
Macrocarid Explorator is basically Pimp My Ride with a Landraider Proteus.

Ready for the optionses?

Take one Landraider Proteus....then...

Upgrade the hull mounted Mauler Boltcannon to....

Volkite Culverin
Twin-linked Phased Plasma Fusil
Twin-linked Rad Cleanser
Lascannon
Conversion Beamer
Graviton Imploder

Then you can upgrade its two sponson Lascannon to....

Two twin-linked Mauler Boltcannon
Two twin-linked Lascannon
Two Iraddiation Engines

And for taste, bung on any of......

Hunter-killer Missile
Dozed Blade
Auxiliary Drive
Anbaric Claw
Armoured Ceramite
Flare Shield (stops Hippies)
Exploratory Augur Web (drops transport capacity to 8)
Servo-Rig (3" range to fixit rolls), and a 3" range S8 AP2 chinning device.

Basic?

Augury Scanner, Searchlight, Smoke Launchers, Machine Spirit, Extra Armour and Blessed Autosimulacra.

It's a beast!

Haighus
09-09-2015, 03:02 PM
Ahh thanks, sounds interesting :)
Certainly seems to be polished from the Book 3 Tagmata list. I notice they have removed the option for Frag Assault launchers from the Mechanicum Land Raider then- it didn't make any sense in the first place, as the Mechanicum Land Raider had no ability to gain Assault vehicle.

Bigred
09-09-2015, 05:27 PM
via Heresy30K's Killerbee (http://heresy30k.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/4376-red-book-is-here/page-3#entry87565)

- First thing I can say is Castellax are 20 point more expensive!
- And Borax are 10 point less expensive.
- Ursarax are 20 point more.
- Thanatar +10 points.
-Myrmidon Destructors +15 points.

There are mechanicum knights which are all LoW but no Knight Questoris list. All Knights can have Blessed Autosimulacra for +10pts, which is pretty cool.
No new GW knights (Warden...).

via Heresy30K's Garro (http://heresy30k.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/4376-red-book-is-here/page-4#entry88051)

basic info for the ordo reductor and legio cybernetica armies.

both use the main taghmata army list and have access to all options, but most in limited numbers.
the legio cybernetica and ordo reductor basically work like super rites of war, with each giving boosts and restrictions.

legio cybernetica

army gains access to the archmagos dominus, separate entry now rather than just an upgrade, has rule allowing him to join monstrous creature units that have cybernetica cortex and has the independent character rule, also has most of the usual magos prime wargear options and has FNP 5+ by default.
LC must have a magos or archmagos dominus as its complusory HQ choice
opponent gains +D3 victory points at the end of the game, if no units with cortex controllers are left.
complusory troops choices must be castellax and must be 2 models strong at least
fast attack and heavy support slots must each contain as least a unit with a cybernetica cortex before any other options
all models with a cybernetica cortex gain +1 initiative
cortex controller and cybertheaurgy ranges are increased to 24" range as part of a legio cybernetica army

ordo reductor

gains magos reductor (with option to upgrade to archmagos reductor), OR artillery tank battery, and OR minotaur battery.
complusory HQ choice must be (arch)magos reductor or caleb decima
all units are immune to pinning tests caused by enemy attacks, also ignore difficult terrain during moving or charging (always fight at initiative value) through rubble/ruins/minefields and trenchworks
complusory troops choices must be thallax cohorts
no more than half of the total units in the army may be battle and/or siege automata.
special OR FoC is as follows

1-2 HQs
2-5 troops
0-2 elites
0-2 fast attack
2-4 heavy support
0-2 lords of war
no fortications
no allies detachment
all units with the 'tank' rule are scoring while in the enemy deployment zone

magos reductor is simpler to magos prime with additional wargear options including
-breacher chargers, phosphex bombs and rad furnace
-may take a squad of tech-preist auxilia or scyallax automata as a retuine, counting as part of the same HQ choice
artillery tank squadron is very very flexable, starts as a whirlwind, but can be upgraded with quite a few different options: demolisher cannon, quad lascannon, dual melta cannon, earthshaker cannon, medusa cannon, colossus bombard cannon and can take an additional hull mounted HB or HF. usual mix of vehicle upgrades as well as +1 front armour, machine spirit and blessed autosimuacra
minotaur battery is new rules, minotaur is down to 5 hull points (from 6) and is a regular tank (heavy) rather than super heavy as it use to, but its now a 1-3 squadron in heavy support, it also has a rear facing flare shield
main gun is a twin-linked earthshaker that's 7" blast rather than the usual 5"

vorax
cheaper
can be used in squads of 1-6 now (no more spare model)
rotor cannons can buy poisoned rounds, which make them better now

via Heresy30K's Garro (http://heresy30k.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/4473-full-list-of-mechanicum-red-book-changes/)

Mechanicum taghmata updates are listed below, haven't done the legio cybernetica/ordo reductor changes as they're covered in the other existing thread, but i might copy them over of completions sake.

book starts with the usual 'how to use this book' and the age of darkness army building rules. these are the same as in books 4 and 5. with the following except.

'using Imperial armour and other 40k units'
emphasises that ONLY units with no 30k counterpart (regardless of faction) can be taken with this rule.
BS4 and blessed autosimulacra for 20pts instead of 'marine crew'.

cybertheurgy
rite of celerity is modifier: none rather than +1
rite of eternity is 'regains 1 wound' rather than IWND
rite of fury is +2 attacks rather than +d3
rite of destruction is -1 not -2 modifier
rite of dread castigation now confers 'corrosive paradox' onto the caster during a mishap, target suffers no damage

HQ

magos prime
ordinator has armourbane instead of 'tank hunter'
rad/irad cleanser and photon truster added to 'small guns' list alongside addition of 'rad furance'

magos dominus
+10pts base cost
gains +5 FNP as base rule
gains 'patris cybernetica' which allows him to join monsterous creatures units that have a cybernetica cortex, but he may not go to ground, and enemy shooting attacks may choose to ignore him as being the closest model (no more tanking wounds)
gains an addition weapon slot of 'small guns',same list at prime (meltagun etc) rad cleasner is here now, allowing FW model to be used as standard (cleanser and servo arm) doesn't have rad furance though.

Archmagos draykavac
liquidfractor rules against vehicles simplified, same for toughness values, but for armour values, simply half the armour value (rounding up) and take that off

archmagos inar satarael
+10pts base
doesn't have power axe anymore, but is monsterous creature so is still ap2
gains cybertheurgy and +5 FNP

magos reductor calleb decima
gains the 'walker in ruin' rule from the ordo reductor special rules, basically ignores pinning when caused by enemy attacks, and ignores effects of certain terrain
may take a single squad of scyallax or a tech-priest auxilia as a retuine forming a squad with them.
Additonal upgrade called 'deima invitcus' 40pts and gives him the following, eternal warrior, relentless, hatred (traitors), becomes a 'archmagos' and must always be the warlord.
Isstvan 3 mini army list is updated, is optional.
-him and magos reductor as HQ,
-tech priests and mrymidion secutors as elites,
-thallax as troops,
-avenger strike fighter as fast attacks
-krios, OR artillery battery, myrmidion destructors and 0-1 HS from legiones astartes as heavy support
-any lords of war

Elites

tech-preist auxilia, domitars and sectuors
no change

troops

adescularis covenant
rewording of induction chargers to clearly include mitrilocks and laslocks
may take a triaros as dedicated transport
heavy chainblade is now a thing, its str+2 AP4 melee, two-handed. so that's basically AP being improved by 1

thallax cohort
reintroduction of ferrox upgrade (rending in CC and rage USR), may not upgrade lightning guns

castellax
+20pts base

scyllax
may take a triaros as dedicatred transport
gains option to replace bolter with 'enhanced array' which is +1 attack

fast attack

ursarx cohort
+20pts base, +5pts for each additional

tarantula sentry gun battery
anima override special rule, if model with 'battlesmith' is within 6” at the start of the turn, then they may ignore 'firing modes' rule
new options, TL mauler bolt cannon, TL volkite culverin, TL photon thurster, quad gun
gains drop capusle upgrade giving deep strike

vorax battle-automata
-10pts each
+1 to maxinium unit size
poisioned ammo on rotor cannons, 10pts per model

avenger strike fighter
replaces hellstrike missiles with kraken turbo penetrators +5pts more
the autocannon and multi-laser options are -10pts

primus lighning fighter
no rad missile option on missile launchers

arvus lighter oribial shuttle
may be upgrade to carry a single castellax or 2 vorax battle-automata, but will then not be able to transport anything else for 20pts

heavy support

thanatar
+10pts

thanatar cynis/calix and krios battle tank squadrons
unchanged

mechanicum land raider
name changed to macroarid expolorator
replaces heavy bolter with mauler bolt cannon and gains an augury scanner by default
loses TL heavy bolter and gravitron cannon options for replacing mauler gains conversion beamer, gravitron impolder and TL rad cleanser
volkite culverin and multi-melta options are now free
sponsons loses plasma cannons, quad heavy bolters, flamestorm cannons, and TL multi-melta options, gains TL mauler cannons and irradiation engines as sponson options
loses frag assault launchers
gains 'servo-rig' which allows transported models with the 'battlesmith' rule to use it on models within 3” of the vehicle. May also be fired as a shooting weapon with 3” str8 ap2

myrmidon destructors
+5pts each

Lords of war

imperial knights
all gain option for blessed autosimulacra who don't already have it for 10pts
warhound, reaver and warlord titans
no changes from book 5

Ordinaturs-minorus macro engine
rules are all over the net (including this forum) won't bother repeating them here

wargear changes
battle-automata power blades are now a single weapon, which is two handed, but confers +1 attack
shock chargers have additional bullet point stating their not actually melee weapons and don't confer the +1 attack like power blades do
maxim bolters renamed to maxima bolters

cybernetica cortex is little different
fire protocols is no longer part of 'programmed behaviour' meaning automata can fire 3 weapons at all times
models with cybernetica cortex are never scoring units, but still count as denial

will add proper sections on legio cybernetica and ordo reductor later.

Ruadhan2300
09-14-2015, 01:51 AM
I rather enjoy the notion of refitting an arvus lighter to be a bare-minimum chassis with mag-clamps for a castellax hanging underneath its spine
Mechanicum Carryall anyone?