PDA

View Full Version : Age of Sigmar Products 9-12-2015

Bigred
09-05-2015, 10:47 AM
via Games Workshop / Black Library (http://www.blacklibrary.com/all-products/battletome-stormcast-eternals-mob-tab.html) 9-5-2015

Via Faeit 9-8-2015

Hey, the only releases next week are the ones you reported already
(Haraldor/Vexillor).

The hints for the week after are: Slaughter, Blood, Skulls and...Cogs?

Mr Mystery
09-05-2015, 10:50 AM
Pretty nice.

And I think that rounds out the Stormcast?

Asymmetrical Xeno
09-05-2015, 10:57 AM
yep, I'm guessing they'll go back to Khorne Bloodbound and finish off that range next.

Al Shut
09-05-2015, 11:20 AM
In that pic the musician looks like he is looking through his instrument.

That aside I think there was a rumor article pointing towards one more warscroll for the Eternals. Guess we'll know when the battletome is out.

Ray Rivers
09-05-2015, 06:46 PM
yep, I'm guessing they'll go back to Khorne Bloodbound and finish off that range next.

Looking forward to that. There have been some great looking Khorne minis in the various sources I would like to see up close.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-08-2015, 10:41 AM
I have the English War scrolls for the Heraldor and the Vexillor, though not ridiculous the abilities are pretty cheeky.

Asymmetrical Xeno
09-08-2015, 12:47 PM
Guess that is the last of the Stormcast range then. Enjoyed the releases but felt they should of squeezed it into a smaller timeframe personally, the clampack weeks really slowed things down. I'm excited to see what they'll do after the last of the khorne releases too, hopefully Sylvaneth or duradin fyreslayers get something.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-08-2015, 06:40 PM
I'm sure there is still one more unit, I can only count 17/18 War Scrolls.

Erik Setzer
09-09-2015, 09:18 AM
It seems like you can have multiple Stormcast formations that "count as" deployed for army numbers but deploy right up in charge range on turn one. Pretty much your entire army can just sit on the side and pop in and charge on turn 1. Even Space Marine Drop Pods have a limiting factor, but the only limit here is how well your dice roll. Even if you're not able to charge on the first turn, you're right there for the second turn, and any kind of shooty army is just out of luck. If you're facing a shooty army, you can just keep your guys off the table, opt not to go first, and let your opponent sit there doing nothing their first turn, then on your first turn you drop in right up on his lines and get some charges in.

Those abilities might be cinematic, but it's strange to see the first faction for the game already ignoring some of the limiting rules and being a bit over the top. I think by the time there's five or six actual new factions, even Warmachine will be gasping at how over the top everything is.

Ray Rivers
09-09-2015, 09:49 AM
My read on this is that the Eternals are the elite of the elite and probably almost always outnumbered.

So, yea, they are going to have some interesting abilities.

One of which being, that if you are playing against them, you are not necessarily going to know where to position your best unit in the game.

I think that is cool. :p

Asymmetrical Xeno
09-09-2015, 02:02 PM
Yeah I don't think people often realise how elite they are meant to be. They are the same proportions/size roughly to a space marine Terminator, so the closest equivilent would probably be Deathwing or GK Terminators.

Al Shut
09-10-2015, 02:34 AM
Unsurprisingly, I blame the lack of points for that.

nsc
09-10-2015, 07:45 AM
This is 18/18 Warscrolls. You have:

Celestant-Prime
Celestant on Dracoth
Celestant
Relictor
Castellant
Knight (archer)
Knight (sword lantern)
Knight (trumpet/telescope)
Knight (bsb)
Liberator
Judicator (longbow)
Judicator (xbow)
Prosecutor (hammer)
Prosecutor (javelin)
Retributor
Decimator
Protector (those good at counting note this is 17)

And the mystery 18th warscroll is... drum roll please, Gryph-Hounds :)

Erik Setzer
09-10-2015, 07:50 AM
Yeah, the problem is that the game treats things as one model equals one model. That's where I have the biggest issue... The way to counter stuff like keeping reserves off the table or summoning lots of guys is that your "army" counts as the guys who start on the table, so if you have like 15 guys who can summon 90, then your opponent would count as killing 600% of your army if they kill all the summoned models (and would pretty much win a HUGE victory if they didn't get wiped out). So there's a "balance" thing to not counting models off the table for the army size. Only, the Eternals completely go around that. And it just feels like it's not a good sign when the first army you release has several ways of working around one of the few balancing items you put in the game.

And in 40K, can even Grey Knights start their entire army off the table and bring it in on turn 1? Even if they can, there's a chance for scatter, potential for mishaps, and you can't charge (plus Heavy weapons are snap firing). The only units that really get around that are the formation they made to sell more SM squads direct on their website. Otherwise, even a Space Marine Drop Pod army can only drop half its units on the table the first turn (and then has to hope for the rest to come in when they want), has to worry about scatter, and can't assault. Space Marines are meant to be super-elite, so are Terminators, but they still have limitations.

On a per-model basis, I don't think the Eternals are that bad. Maybe some of the character abilities, but eh, not too insane, I think. (To be honest, that might change after seeing them in action.)

What's most concerning is that there's three directions this can go:

1. One-time thing, meaning all other armies in the game aren't as ridiculous as Eternals (making Eternals the "must-have" army).
2. All armies are over the top and the whole game just doesn't worry about being balanced, fair, or anything.
3. Some armies end up nastier than others, and you get the inconsistency that's currently plaguing 40K.

#2 might be amusing at times, but I think if all the AoS armies get this treatment when they get their books, you'll see a game that mocks Warmachine for being too tame and laughs maniacally as people try to one-up each other with combos and game-changing abilities to make even Magic: The Gathering players blush.

Guess we'll see how it all shakes out.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-10-2015, 09:17 AM
It was actually the Crossbow Judicators that I was missing from the list. xD

Al Shut
09-10-2015, 09:29 AM
Weren't both Judicator options on one warscroll?

I've only read the news and rumors, mind you.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-10-2015, 10:25 AM
That's what I thought

Bigred
09-10-2015, 10:28 AM
via Tabled Podcast (https://twitter.com/TabledPodcast) (twitter) 9-10-2015

Kesher
09-12-2015, 07:52 AM
Via Scanner (http://forum.spikeybits.com/showthread.php?20765-Age-of-Sigmar-Warhammer-Fantasy-9th-Rumors-Explosion/page8) 9-12-2015